158

Chapter 158 Ten thousand words, three into one~~

Everyone in Xiao Family noticed that something was amiss between the two of them. In the early morning of the next day, when Xiao Family had breakfast, Mrs. Song unexpectedly broke the rule of not talking when eating. Somewhat worried, she asked Eldest Grandson: “Didn’t you pat your chest and promise me yesterday that you’ll propose marriage to Su Family’s lass? Why does it only take a day for that attitude to fade away? Could it be that you were rejected?"

Xiao Lin Yu's face was slightly pale. Awkwardness was revealed on his face: "Old Ancestor."

Seeing his reaction, Mrs. Yu and Mrs. Song knew that their stupid son (grandson) was rejected.

Mrs. Yu unhurriedly sighed and said: "As the saying goes, a waterfront pavilion gets the moonlight first. You were away for three years. Now you’re back, you have gone for a good few months after half a month. Even if Su Family’s lass has some old feelings for you, it will be grind into nothing sooner or later. I heard from You Ling a few days ago that the lieutenant of the army stationed in Luohe Prefecture asked someone to come to Su Family to ask for marriage. You Ling had glanced from a distance and said he looked quite dignified. And he is about the same age as Jin lass. Quite a good match."

After finishing speaking, she looked at her son with sympathy.

Xiao Lin Yu's complexion darkened a little after listening to his mother's rippling ‘revelation’. The only time in his life when his heart moved was given to You Jin five years ago. He was really unwilling to give her up to others like this. But if she had no feelings for him, how can he have the heart to snatch her? For a while, his mind was in a struggle, not knowing what to do.

Although Mrs. Yu verbally hurt her son, she sincerely hoped that her son and Su Family's lass could get married as soon as possible. Now Eldest Son was almost twenty-six. If there were no such mishap at home, the child would be enlightened now. In order to embrace her grandson as soon as possible, Mrs. Yu secretly found You Jin by herself behind her son's back.

You Jin, who was busy in the study, heard people outside saying that Mrs. Yu has arrived. She put down the account book in her hand and went out with a smile to welcome her in: "How can I help Auntie?"

"Nothing much. Just came to see you. I didn't disturb your matter?" Mrs. Yu sat at the head. With a smile on her face, she tested: "If you are busy, l’ll come back later?"

You Jin accepted the floral tea brought by Qiu Fen and put it in front of Mrs. Yu. She smilingly replied, "I don't have anything important to do here. Auntie, don’t fret."

You Jin was sorting the previous month’s ledger. Now, there was a dedicated person for each asset. She only needed to sort out the account books every month. So she wasn't too busy.

Hearing what she said, Mrs. Yu sat down in peace and drank a cup of tea. She said hesitantly: "You Jin, Auntie came to see you today as I really want to ask you about something."

You Jin was clueless, thinking it was about the female academy. She nodded: "Auntie, do speak."

"Are you still blaming Auntie for wrongly blaming you?" After thinking about it, Mrs. Yu felt that part of the reason for You Jin's reluctance to agree to Eldest Son's marriage proposal was also due to her. So she came to find You Jin today to apologize: "This matter had nothing to do with Lin Yu. Auntie was also anxious about Lin Yu's life-long affairs. And that child had always been stubborn. Since he was young, he would not change his mind once he set on it. Blinded by anger, Aunt got mad at you."

When You Jin heard Mrs. Yu mentioned the incident of insulting her in the letter back then, she couldn't help but feel a little confused: "The matter is in the past. Why is Auntie talking about these trivial matters?"