39

Chapter 39. Cold blooded

You Jin's footsteps were swift. She arrived at Patriarch's house in several minutes.

Yue family wasn't a well-known family, but they had proliferated at the foot of Cuifeng Mountain for a hundred or two hundred years. Patriarch's family still had some foundations. Patriarch's house was a beautiful and stylish brick and tile house; located in the center of Cuifeng Village. You Jin knocked on the door of the patriarch's house. A moment later, someone answered the door: "You are Uncle Da Fu's granddaughter, right? What's matter bring you here so late?"

"Uncle Chang Sheng, I have something important to request Grandpa Patriarch, please let me in!" Looking distressed, You Jin begged Yue Chang Sheng, the grandson of the patriarch.

As soon as he heard that it was something important, Yue Chang Sheng hurried made way at the door: "Come in and talk about it!"

He led her to the hall, where Yue Shan Chuan, the patriarch of the Yue clan, was sipping tea. Although he didn't have any good tea leaves, Yue Shan Chuan had always enjoyed it.

You Jin walked to Yue Shan Chuan and knelt down at once: "I beg Patriarch to save me and my few younger siblings!"

Yue Shan Chuan was getting older now. On top of that, he hadn't seen You Jin for some years. So he didn't recognize who she was for a moment. Yue Chang Sheng, who was beside him, hurried to his side and briefed, "It's Uncle Da Fu's granddaughter from the second branch, named You Jin."

Only then, Yue Shan Chuan recalled. He twisted his gray beard and looked at her with cloudy eyes: "Little one, why did you come here at night and kneel as soon as you come?"

"Grandpa Patriarch, You Jin came to disturb you so later because I have no other choice. The reason is that my grandfather and my grandmother want to kill my two younger siblings who have just been born for more than ten days! You Jin is too young to have any say. I can only ask Patriarch to take pity on the few of us and take care of us!" After saying that, she kowtowed several times in succession.

"You girl, why are you saying such scary things? Tell me what's happened." When Patriarch heard that Yue Da Fu couple were going to kill the two infants, he couldn't help frowning. This had reoccurred at Yue Family back then. At that time, he gave Da Fu a good persuading. Why did it reach this point again after a few years?

You Jin kept the long story short and told Yue Shan Chuan what she heard with thirty percent false and seventy percent truth: "I beg Patriarch to protect us!"

After listening to her words, Yue Shan Chuan sighed deeply: "If that's the case, I'll go to Yue's house to have a look!"

After all, they were the descendants of Yue Clan. If they were to drown two innocent babies due to a fortune-telling monk, it would be a bit too much.

Hearing that Yue Shan Chuan wanted to go out, Yue Chang Sheng hurriedly came over with a lantern. Afterward, he carefully supported the old man and walked slowly towards the direction of Yue Family.

***

Outside the gate of Yue Family Courtyard stood a lot of neighbors looking in at the lively scene. Although it was already night, the neighbors who hadn't yet slept heard the sudden sound of adults and children crying and ruckus from Yue Family and ran over to stand outside the earthen wall to watch the drama.

You Jin walked slowly behind Yue Shan Chuan back to the entrance of Yue's house when she heard the cries of several girls from inside. She knew that something had happened. Don't know which person turned their head back first, the crowd hurried to make way at the sight of Patriarch being alerted. Now there was hot drama to watch!