51

Chapter 51. Following trend

A loud call of a rooster could be heard in the distance. The faint mist mixed with the rising cooking smoke from the village. Exact image of a quiet spring morning in a farming family's homeland.

Early-riser You Jin evenly sprinkled the chopped wild vegetables and earthworms mix into the chicken pen. The fourteen sniffing chicks had lost its newborn yellow feather. All the exponentially grown chicks swarmed out and clucked. They happily pecked at the delicious earthworms and wild vegetables.

After feeding the chicks, she went back to the kitchen stove to add two more firewood. Mrs. Su, who got up a little later than her, also came to the kitchen: "Let me. Aren't you taking You Yin to the city? She's not up yet!"

You Jin didn't fight with her and nodded: "En. I'm calling her right now."

Then she scooped a ladle of water from the wooden bucket and poured it into the wooden basin for washing to wash her hands. After casually tossing it out, she went to the west wing.

Before You Jin reached the door of the west wing, two little girls quietly opened the door- it turned out You Zhu had woken up. When she heard You Yin getting up, she also got up and put on clothes. While You Bao hadn't woken up yet. So the two of them sneaked out like thieves.

Seeing Eldest Sister standing at the door of her room, You Zhu hurriedly puffed out her small chest: "Eldest Sister, I'm going too!"

"You Zhu, Eldest sister and I are going to sell things. Not to play." You Yin powerlessly persuaded her. "You help Mother take care of the few younger sisters at home, alright?"

However, You Zhu refused and insisted to follow. The sisters were at a stalemate for a while. So they turned their attention to You Jin for help.

You Jin pondered for a while before replying: "To enter the city, a fee of one wen need to be paid. Afterward, we are rushing to enter the city. On top of that, we need one wen to ride an ox cart. I can take you there, but you have to earn two wen by yourself. How about it?"

After thinking about it, You Zhu vigorously nodded: "En!"

Seeing that Eldest Sister agreed, You Yin didn't have anything else to say. The three sisters put the fresh tea tree mushrooms picked up yesterday in three back baskets. After washing up, they carried the basket and headed towards the city gate of Luohe Prefecture. Every time they went to the city to sell things, there was no time for breakfast. Breakfast had to wait until they come back from the market.

You Jin made a trip into the city every two days. They always take the same ox cart. The driver became familiar with Su Family's kids. At the beginning, the big wooden barrel had an one wen fee. Now, it was only per person. He jollily chatted with the few. They were considered to be acquainted.

"Little girl, you bring things into the city to sell every few days. You must have earned a lot of money, right?" The uncle slowly drove the cart and jollily asked.

You Jin kept a slight smile on her expression. Seeing the other passengers in the cart looking at her, she grinningly replied: "Oh! What money can I make? I have a lot of family members. And my mother is not in good health. So us three sisters gather some vegetables every day to exchange for money. How much money can they earn?"

Although the sisters' clothes were clean, they were all patched and stitched. Then looking at the pile of large leaves at the top of their baskets, their gaze turned away in disbelief. Those were standard vegetable farmers sold.

Seeing that everyone's eyes finally turned away, You Jin breathed a sigh of relief. There was a bit of coldness in her eyes. She didn't know this uncle was being outspoken or deliberately attracting hate to them! Looks like they were going to have to switch to another cart. Fortunately, he wasn't the ox cart transporting people to LuoHh Prefecture in Wuliqiao.