6

Chapter 6. Discipline

The seven sisters hid in the west wing secretly eating the eggs brought back by the You Jin did not know that doom quietly arriving. Each one of them had happily watch their elder sister quietly pass in a leaf-wrapped package from outside the window.

Once You Yin retrieved the eggs that the You Jin passed in, You Jin went back to the main entrance of the yard and openly returned to the west wing from outside. The several younger sisters have been staring at the green package on the Kang table for a long time. When they heard the door push, they all looked at the You Jin who came in: "Sister!"

You Jin also got on the kang and carefully opened the straw rope wrapping with eggs under the watch of her six younger sisters. Fortunately, before she entered the house the mind becomes intelligent at the approach of happiness. She hid the eggs under a low bush outside the west room and then came back, otherwise, if it was found by the old biddy, old Mrs. Chen, not being able to eat the eggs was a trivial matter. They would have suffered a loss from getting a beating.

Mrs. Su sat on the side, observing her daughter open the leaves. There were actually eight chicken eggs and nearly ten bird eggs. She couldn't help but wonder with a bit of anxiety: "Jin-er, it can't be that you entered deep into the mountains? How did you find this many wild eggs?"

As many wild eggs? "So many people come and go at the foot of the mountain every day, so how can there be so many eggs? Daughter must have gone deep into the mountains.

Mrs. Su knew that You Jin usually goes up the mountain to find some egg and game to nourish the sisters. Mrs. Su also knew, what kind of life the children she birthed has in this seemingly bright and affluent Yue Family. On top of that, how her husband dislike her several daughters. So she also turned a blind eye and helped to hide from Yue Chang Lu with her eyes closed. (T/N: In raw, it said Mrs. Su instead of You Jin. Must be a typo?)

"No, I just reached the edge of the deep mountain, never went in." Young Jin divided one chicken egg and one bird egg to each younger sister. She assigned an egg and two bird eggs to Mrs. Su. She smilingly answered, "Mother, quickly eat, while it's still warm. "

Seeing that elder sister said it was okay to eat, the several sisters took an egg and knocked it on the table to crack. And then they put the peeled eggshells into the leaves that originally wrapped the eggs. Eggshells will be secretly taken out and thrown away later on.

Little Ninth, whose fever has already withdrawn, nibbled the fragrant wild eggs: "It's so yummy!" But eggs were only so big, so it was finished in a moment. Little Ninth smacked her lips as she watched each of her several elder sisters savored theirs. She felt her saliva drooled out again. She really wanted to eat one more!

Mrs. Su saw Little Ninth's greedy appearance and wanted to stuff her remaining half of the egg in her hand into Little Ninth's hands, but was stopped by You Jin before she could: "Mother, you are pregnant now. You need more nourishment. I'll just give my share to Little Ninth."

Saying this, she put her remaining half of the egg in her hand into Little Ninth's hand: "Eat ba."

"Thank you, Third Sister!" Little Ninth raised the egg that was given by You Jin and ate it in a small bite. She mumbled to herself, "It'll be great if we can eat an egg every day!"

In front of You Jin, was the first branch's and third branch's, You Ting and You He. That's why You Jin was third in the family.

Hearing Little Ninth's unmistakable desire in childlike words, the smile on Mrs. Su's face gradually dimmed, and then she sighed a little: "Blame my incapability as a mother, can't have a son and caused you to suffer together with me."