87

Chapter 87 The Heartbroken Boy

The day after the New Year gift from Xiao Family was delivered, it was a rare sunny day.

The snow in Su Family’s courtyard had been cleared away. The clothes for the New Year had long been made. The materials Xiao Lin Yu sent were so superb that Mrs. Su was reluctant to use them. Even the hide was locked up and stored in the storeroom. It was better to wait for the girls to get older before making clothes.

Having nothing to do, You Jin led the girls on cutting a lot of window decorations with red paper and pasted them on the translucent glass windows. It added warmth to the bare yard in the background as well as adding a few more festive air. Quite suitable for the current time.

In the whole year, Su Family’s shop only closed for about ten days during the New Year. However, Su Family’s servants had four days off every month. They took turns to rest, so it didn’t delay their work. But a crowd having holiday was really only once a year. Having free time, the young girls finally had a chance to spend the monthly pay they had saved for a year. So they all took leave of absence from You Jin and asked Han Li to drive them to Luohe Prefecture’s market in a mule cart.

You Jin took the three oldest, You Yin, You Zhu and You Bao to Wuliqiao Village on the east side of the river. Today they were going to give some gifts to Lizheng's family and the aunties whom they often had contact with.

Because of what happened to old Third Chen last time, You Jin learned her lesson. You Jin didn't prepare many generous gifts for these families. It was just two or three jins of pork and a pack of snacks. After sending to the other families first, she went to He’s house at the end. He Family's gift had always been heavier.

Today she took Song Hua out for carrying things. Not needing You Jin to speak, Song Hua had already knocked on the door of He's house: "Auntie Zhao, it’s Song Hua!"

"Oh! Coming!" The people inside heard the knock on the door and hurried out to open the door. As soon as the door opened, it turned out to be He Xiao Ning, the youngest daughter of He Family. Seeing Su Family’s sisters, she obediently greeted: "Hello, Elder Sisters!"

Then she hurriedly moved her body to let Su Family’s sisters enter.

"Hi Xiao Ning, are your parents at home?" You Jin merrily asked as she followed Xiao.

Xiao Ning, who was walking in front, nodded: "They are!"

When they reached the door of the main room, she shouted: "Mother, Elder Sister You Jin was here!"

As soon as the people inside heard that it was someone from Su Family coming, they rushed out to welcome them. Mrs. Zhao smiled and pulled them to sit on the kang inside: "Really, what are you thinking? Bringing your younger sisters out in this cold weather. Aren’t you afraid of freezing!" Looking Su Family’s daughters sitting in a row and then at their own daughter standing beside them, she couldn't help feeling the difference!

"Auntie, don't make yourself busy. We aren’t here to trouble you to do these things!" You Jin hurriedly grabbed Mrs. Zhao, who had poured out the sugar water and was about to prepare the snacks: "It's very cold, Auntie. Must warm up now."

She signaled Song Hua to put the basket in his hand on the table.

Looking at the things in the basket, Mrs. Zhao was a little at a loss: "You child, just bring yourself. What are you doing bringing all these things?"

In the past two years, it was thanks to Su Family renting a place to them at a low price, they made a lot of money by making some food. Before she could thank them, they brought some things to give her. How could this not make her feel ashamed?