47

Chapter 47. Big customer

You Jin sisters had brought a lot of things this time. Still, the weight was much lighter than the day before. The sisters went out early. When they arrived at Luohezhou market, they could easily find an empty stall. The fresh water celery was placed on top of the dry straw, while a basket of locust flowers was placed by its side. The two sisters worked swiftly. Not long later, the stall was set up and they began to sell.

Nowadays, most of the vegetables on the street were Chinese cabbage that were stocked up last year. Few sold wild vegetables. After a while, most of the locust flowers had already been sold. You Jin sisters didn't have a steel scale. The locust flowers were sold in lotus leaves as the packaging and tied with straw ropes. One bag was sold for five wen; which wasn't expensive. Due to this, it was sold quickly.

"Little girl, this is a bamboo rat?" A fair chubby man who was well dressed and followed by a young man merrily asked, "It's the first time I see bamboo rats being sold in Luohe Prefecture!"

"This master has good eyesight. My father caught these bamboo rat in the mountain yesterday. It is alive and kicking. Would you like one?" You Jin uttered lies without blinking more and more smoothly. "Bamboo rats aren't easy to catch. If you sincerely want it, how about two of them for four silver?"

The fair chubby man had yet to say anything when nearby You Zhu gasped. Eldest Sister dared to call such a high price for two bamboo rats!

"Little girl, you dare to call out at a young age. Not afraid of the wind getting big and flashes the tongue?" The fair chubby man was very interested in these two bamboo rats. You Jin's high price didn't frighten him. Instead, he directly pulled the paw of one of them. It made the bamboo rat 'cluck' fiercely at him and arouse a chuckle out of him.

You Jin's stall was set up for a while. Even a few spring bamboo shoots were sold. But no one asked about the bamboo rat. This fair chubby man was the first customer to ask. She must seize this opportunity and sell off these two things: "This master, 'Compendium of Materia Medica' has records that bamboo rat is sweet, nourishes the middle and replenishes qi, and detoxifies. This is not the same as the pork and beef you eat on normal occasion. It's good stuff!"

Seeing that she even mentioned 'Compendium of Materia Medica', the fair chubby man found it a little interesting: "I couldn't tell little girl know more than you're letting on! Just base on those words alone, I'll take these two bamboo rats. In addition, I take all the things in your stall. Pack them up for me."

This was big business! You Jin was so overjoyed that her teeth overshadowed her eyes: "Oh! Right away! I still have three bundles of water celery, six spring bamboo shoots, and half a basket of locust flowers. Plus two bamboo rats, I will charge you five silver coin. What do you think? ?"

The man was rich and powerful. He took out one silver liang from his purse and threw it into You Jin's hands. You Jin was put on the spot: "Master, we're a small business. Your money is too big. Do you have any loose silver?"

It wasn't that she didn't want it. She came out to sell. How could she take so much loose change with her?

The fair chubby man also found it a problem, "This is the loosest change I have. How about this, you bring two bamboo rats and some wild vegetables tomorrow to Yunweixuan in East sidehi. And treat this as advance payment from me?"

After saying that, he motioned to the guy behind him to carry all the things that You Jin had sold. He wasn't afraid of You Jin would embezzle his money.

You Jin pondered before responding, "Master, these bamboo rats aren't something we can get just because we want. So I will give you more wild vegetables, locust flower, bamboo shoots tomorrow. Once the bamboo rat are caught, I will send it to you. What do you think?" This was a long-term business. You Jin had to keep a close eye on this big customer!