131

Chapter 131. Hero or coward

Seeing that their son was beaten so badly that even his mother couldn't recognize him, Wei Family’s couple thanked Su Family despite feeling heartbroken. They immediately arranged for someone to send a generous gift to Su Family, thanking Su Family for their help in saving their son.

"My son, what kind of insane beast actually beat you up to this degree!" Mrs. Wei only had this one precious son. She raised him with gold and jade since he was young. She couldn't bear to lift a finger of him, so how could she expect him to be beaten to this point? How could she not be sad?

"I think it's because you normally pamper him until he’s spoiled. He doesn't study properly. Nor can he help me in business. He only knows how to play with cats and dogs. The other party is already merciless for not killing him!" Master Wei didn't like this idle Eldest Son the most. Now seeing him being beaten and sent back like this, he hated him even more: "Clearly, you are the Eldest Brother, but don't act like one at all. It’s enough that you can't set an example for your younger brothers. All he knows is to embarrass the family. Sooner or later, I’m going to die from anger because of you!”

"Master! Da Lang has been beaten up like this and you still blame him!" Mrs. Wei's complexion became even uglier when she heard him mention the two sons born to that vixen. The vixen happened to know how to act and made Master let those lowly things study. What’s there to study! Children born to prostitutes from brothels were still lowly things no matter how much they studied. Could it be possible for them to become a phoenix? "A child born to a lowly person is a lowly person. How can they be compared to my Da Lang?"

"Ignorant stupid woman! Just keep spoiling him then. It’s his luck that he was saved today. Wait until someday he gets beaten to death, then you’ll be happy!" Master Wei was so angry with this stupid woman that he was about to get internal damage. So he simply walked away and couldn’t be bothered with this mess.

Pitiful Wei Da Lang only wanted to be a hero who saved the beauty. He never wanted to fail to steal a chicken, which instead ate up his bait. But he didn't dare to tell his parents the truth of being beaten until ribs broken by Su Family’s tigress. For fear that his father would look down on him even more after knowing the truth, he had to swallow this bitter fruit by himself.

***

In the Sujiayan restaurant, You Zhu was in such a good mood as linked her eldest sister's arm and refused to let her go as soon as she came in. She chirped about her ‘great achievements’: "Eldest Sister, you didn't see. That Wei Da Lang is so skinny. From one glance, one can tell he doesn’t have a bit of flesh on him. And he wants to be a hero saving the beauty. From what I see, more like a coward! I just punched him lightly and he fell to the ground screaming. Truly useless!"

Being pestered to the point she couldn’t work, You Jin sent the person in charge of Sujiayan out. She could only free up the time to listen to Third Younger Sister's story: "So you beat him up and sent him back ?”

This You Zhu became more and more lawless. Even brought the guards behind her back to deal with Wei Da Lang: “Aren’t you afraid that Wei Da Lang will retaliate against you in the future?”

You Zhu pouted her lips. She didn't believe that coward would dare to come to her for revenge! "What is there to be afraid of? If he dares to come, I'll give him another good sorting!"

She waved her little fist. Slightly bragging, she declared "One know, my fist isn’t a vegetarian!"

"Forget it. This time, let's leave it at that. From the start, Wei Da Lang was the one who plotted and was in the wrong first. It's alright to teach him a lesson." You Jin sighed. Among so many younger sisters in the family, You Zhu had the hottest temper. She can't stand to suffer any loss at all. It was fine with her watching her. At least she would listen to her words. But if she's not by her side, don't know what earth-shattering things will happen! The white and slender index finger poked You Zhu's bang-covered forehead and said: "However you. Go back and receive the punishment from Leader Guard. Increase horse stance by half an hour every day for a period of one month."