70

Chapter 70 Look at each other?

Early the next morning, Mrs. Zhao took He Xiao Ning to the west of the river with half a basket of sesame dumplings.

Walking on the way out of the village, the woman sitting and chatting on the side of the road saw her carrying a basket to the west of the river. They couldn't help curling their lips and whispered: "How shameful. As Lizheng's wife she rushing to flatter outsiders!"

After all, everyone in the village can see how prosperous He Family's breakfast shop was. It would be a lie to say that they weren’t jealous or envious. These gossipers only dare to wag their tongues in private. With Mrs. Zhao's lively temperament, it was possible for her to tear their mouths apart if they said this in front of her.

Ever since their snack shop was opened, You Jin hadn't slept in for a long time. She slept deeply all night and didn't get up from the warm kang until the sun had climbed to the top of the eastern mountain after the snowy weather cleared.

"Eldest Miss is up. The congee is still warm on the stove!" □□ came out of the kitchen and saw You Jin standing in the porch in outer clothes. She merrily spoke: "Let me get some hot water for Eldest Miss first."

After that, she went back to the kitchen.

Now Su Family had the addition of six young teen girls and Yu Lan, all Su Family’s little girls were freed from housework. Now there were many people in Su’s house, You Yin three sisters in the West Wing had moved to the main room to live with Mrs. Su Family. The upper and lower rooms of the West Wing were lived in by Yu Lan and six teen girls. Although it was a bit crowded, it was barely passable.

Looking at the small farmyard after the snow fall stopped, You Jin comfortably sighed. Such days were really comfortable.

"Eldest Sister, come and have some breakfast!" You Zhu's voice sounded from the kitchen. Although the division of master and servant in Su Family was becoming more and more obvious, three meals a day were the same despite eating at separate tables.

The mushy round-grained rice congee paired with the sour garlic sprouts that You Jin personally pickled in summer. It was very appetizing. After finishing a bowl of steaming round-grained rice congee and a three-grain pancake, You Jin put down the bowl in her hands in satisfaction. Just as she was about to go back to her room to settle all the accounts for this year, she heard Mrs. Zhao's joyful voice outside: "Su Family’s wife, you look better now!"

Mrs. Su held little Eighth who was already falling down a little bit and smilingly brought Zhao mother and daughter into the main room. You Jin who came out of the kitchen followed.

"Your family's house is really well furnished now!" Mrs. Zhao looked around Su Family’s main room. Although there was nothing expensive, there were thick quilts, a well-heated kang, and delicate snacks placed on the table. There was also an unfamiliar little girl who brought tea. All these were saying that Su Family had made a big step forward in their current family situation.

You Jin smiled and sat behind Mrs. Su. She reached out to take little Eighth who had outstretched her hands to hug her. Mrs. Su handed the child over before looking back at Mrs. Zhao, "Thanks to your family's care, we were able to take root in Wuliqiao."

He Xiao Ning was already huddled together with You Bao sister and sat on the side eating snacks as they chatted in a low voice. Seeing Mrs. Su being so polite, Mrs. Zhao exclaimed "How is it us taking care of your family? I say it’s because of your family, we can set up a breakfast stand and earn some money!”

After finishing speaking, she roughly said what she discussed with He Hao last night. Then she looked at You Jin: “You Jin, Auntie knows you are kind, but this is business. We can't occupy your place for nothing, right?"