97

Chapter 97 Choice

After Xiao Lin Yu left, the usually peaceful Su Family became even more peaceful.

The business of Sujiaxiang shop was getting bigger and bigger now. There were ten people making snacks in the back kitchen. You Jin had specially found a woman surnamed Chen who had done some small business to be in charge at the front. Sister-in-law Chen was a quick-witted person who knew how to interact. Since the front shop was handed over to her, the business had improved a bit and there were more repeat customers.

Now You Yin was only in charge of the shop’s daily accounts. You Zhu tightly held the grasp of the snack recipes. The two sisters were more capable now. You Jin simply participated in the major matters of hiring for the shop and the monthly accounting. The rest of the business and its trivial matters were left to You Yin two sisters to discuss, so You Jin was free.

Now that the Mid-Autumn Festival was approaching, Sujiaxiang had made mooncake molds and placed them in front for customers to choose and order. Currently, there are still ten days before the Mid-Autumn Festival. More than 700 orders for mooncakes had been received. Sujiaxiang's mooncakes were divided into three grades per set; which were four coins, eight coins, and two liang silver. One set was six pieces. It can be said to be expensive.

But there were many people in Luohe Prefecture and no shortage of rich people. In addition, when it came to snacks in Luohe Prefecture, everyone knew Sujiaxiang. Those wealthy people naturally didn’t care about this small amount of money. After all, moon cakes were for gifting people and what they wanted was face. If they gifted others stuff, it can’t be shown off. Then they’ll lose value! Therefore, the most expensive two liang silver set accounted for more than half of the seven hundred orders.

You Yin at the front happily worked away on the abacus. In the back kitchen, You Zhu led a snack team of ten people and started working overtime to make mooncakes. Although it was tiring, there was the worker incentive formulated by You Jin three sisters after discussion at the beginning of this year. For every snack sold, the front and back chefs can get a corresponding commission. The people in the back kitchen were a bit tired, but now the money they can get every month is almost two liang. This was more than double the salaries of snack shops outside! So no matter whether they have sold themselves into Su Family or not, all of them were determined to work under Su Family.

"Just now there is news from the front. Another thirty orders of mooncakes worth two liang silver had been received. From today onwards, we will have to stay in the store for food and lodging. We will make all the mooncakes at the latest by the thirteenth. Second Elder Sister and I had discussed it. Once the busy period is over, we will give everyone a three-day vacation in turn and properly rest!" You Zhu measured out the honey osmanthus into the red bean paste, handed it over to the others to mix it up and cheered everyone up. When Sujiaxiang changed the shop, You Jin purposely found a rather large shop. In addition to the kitchen, there were eight rooms in the backyard. Two of which were used to store the ingredients needed for making snacks. The remaining five were converted into a general shop and one room was used by Su Family sisters to rest on normal days. All the objects and furnishings were readily available.

"Third Miss, don't worry, we will definitely finish it!" A married woman patted her chest through a lotus-colored mask and declared, "Not for anything else, we sisters have to do it for money, right?"

Everyone also nodded in agreement. The tasks at hand were completed a little faster.

Now the back kitchen had formed a tacitly coordinated assembly line operation. Those who were responsible for mixing stuffing, kneading dough, and molding had a clear division of labor and cooperated with each other. The work of the snack kitchen took a whole day. In order to reduce the burden on everyone, You Zhu specially customized a long workstation table and stools that perfectly matched the height. Everyone sat on the stools when working. The days of not needing to stand the whole day and getting their feet swollen was much more comfortable.