27

Chapter 27. Paper tiger

Although Yue Chang Lu closed the door and barre the children out, there wasn't much sound insulation. You Jin and her sisters all leaned against the door for fear that Mrs. Su would be bullied by Yue Chang Lu pair.

In the inner room of the west wing, Wan Niang took in Mrs. Su. Her belly was terrifyingly high, but her figure was skinny as a skeleton. She showed a triumphant smile at Mrs. Su when Yue Chang Lu wasn't looking. This kind of woman, what can she use to fight with her?

Although she thought like this, she kept up with superficial work on the surface. She gave a half salute to Mrs. Su: "Wan Niang meet Elder Sister Su."

Laying on the kang with a shriveled face, Mrs. Su showed a bleak smile. However, her scarlet eyes revealed that she had cried all the tears she could in the past few days. Her mental state was like completely detached from the world. Without any attachment or desire.

It was a rare chance that Yue Chang Lu was in a good mood today. He firmly supported Wan Niang with one hand and said to Mrs. Su: "Although Wan Niang entered the door later than you, you can't throw your seniority. Get along." Yue Chang Lu quietly inquired in the town. The new spouse need the first wife's approval before they can enter the door. So he had been kind to her these days.

But seeing her close-to-tear appearance, Yue Chang Lu felt an inexplicable irritability in her heart: "If you nod your head in agreement, then we can talk things out. It's useless even if you don't agree."

An ugly smile appeared on Mrs. Su's pale face: "If that's the case, why do you want me to nod? Before I nod, didn't she already enter Yue's house?"

Mrs. Su's dazed attitude annoyed Yue Chang Lu. Along with the anger he received outside, he directed it at Mrs. Su. Straight up, he slapped Mrs. Su's face and berated, "Not accepting face when given face!"

A bright red palm print appeared on Mrs. Su's face. Still, she ignored him in her dazed state.

Yue Chang Lu spat angrily and called her a b*tch before turning to look at Wan Niang. His expression softened again: "This place is very dirty. Since this b*tch is shameless don't want face, don't let yourself feel wronged."

Then he helped Wan Niang back to their bridal room.

***

In the bridal room, Wan Niang leaned softly into Yue Chang Lu's arms and said sadly, "Second Elder Brother Yue, does Elder Sister Su and the children don't like me? Will my arrival ruin your life? If that's the case, I'd better leave Yue Family!"

At this time, Yue Chang Lu's heart and soul were tightly grasped by Wan Niang. How could he let his precious suffer any grievance? He comforted her in a low voice: "Wan Niang, there's me for everything. Now you just need to focus on nurturing the baby with peace of mind and give me a big plump boy. As for Mrs. Su and those money-wasting things, they can't say anything if they really annoy me and I sell them!"

After listening to his words, Wan Niang hurriedly reached out and stroked his lips: "Don't, Husband. I don't want you to bear the reputation of abandoning your wife and daughters because of me. I'm not aggrieved."

Hearing such a soft and moving "Husband" from her, Yue Chang Lu was rendered to the point of his bones fell off. The hand around Wan Niang began to behave unruly: "My good Wan Niang, today is our wedding night. We can't waste our wedding night for these unimportant people, right?"

As soon as it was getting dark, noise came from Yue Chang Lu's bridal room in the west wing. Old Mrs. Chen, who came to look for her son, heard it from outside, blushed and spat at the door: "Don't know how to control herself when she's pregnant. Have no skin or face!"