100

Chapter 100 Bountiful Harvest Season

After listening to Son's words, Xiao Hai Ru was a little surprised. He thought that his son could live in Luohe Prefecture for so long because someone must have seduced his soul and made him be in bliss. Never thought he treated the other as a younger sister. The father and son have never had a heart-to-heart conversation. Since the son had said so, Xiao Hai Ru had nothing to say. So he picked up the brush, dipped it in ink, and firmly lower it on the rice papee. ‘Endure’ was written with the brush. Then he spoke: "You have always been resolute. I know that Bai Family matter was just an excuse for you to leave the capital. Since you have been outside for so long, it’s time you settle down."

"Father, I have been living step by step according to your ideas all my life. You asked me to take the academic examination, I studied hard day and night to get the rank of Juren. You hoped that I would inherit the family business. As soon as I could read, I began to learn how to use the abacus ...Father, I'm just tired and want to take a break. Can't I just take a break?" Xiao Lin Yu felt rather uncomfortable. The smile on his face became more bitter.

Xiao Hai Ru never thought that his son would say such a thing. He put down the brush in his hand and looked at him with a sad expression on his face: "Since you were born, you were destined to be the next head of Xiao Family. The future of the entire Xiao family was tied to you. Now you are really more and more presumptuous. Go to the ancestral hall to plead guilty to your ancestors. Once you figure it out, then you can get up!"

Xiao Lin Yu wanted to say something else. But seeing his father's expression of hating iron for not being steel, he sighed lightly, bowed his hands in agreement, and then backed away.

In the end, Xiao Lin Yu knelt in the ancestral hall for seven days. Old Ancestor felt distressed for her eldest grandson. She couldn't stand it any longer and called Xiao Hai Ru for a lecture. Only then Xiao Lin Yu’s kneeling in the ancestral hall was dropped

***

Back to Su Family in Luohe Prefecture. After the Mid-Autumn Festival, Han Li followed Song Hua to Chaxiang, leaving Han Er Hua to follow Uncle Wang at Su Family.

With the help of You Jin, You He took out her private fund to open a small grocery store in Luohe Prefecture. Some household items, needles, threads, and so on were sold. Although it wasn’t a big business, it was still possible to earn money for household use. The person You Jin entrusted to go to Dingyuan to inquire brought back Mrs. Han's letter.

"Third Aunt didn't mention herself in the letter. She only talked about other people's affairs. From what Third Aunt conveyed, she has no worries now that Elder Sister You He isn’t in Dingyuan. If she wants to fight with Third Uncle, it shouldn't be a problem."

In You Jin's view, Mrs. Han was a very intelligent and resolute woman. Yue Chang Shou was still a little lacking compared to her. It was probably easy to deal with him.

Mrs. Su can recognize a few words now. After roughly reading Mrs. Han's letter, she nodded in agreement with her daughter's words: "But we still need to pay more attention. If something happens to your third aunt, we can help as much as we can."

"Don't worry, Mother. I have my own arrangements." When You Jin sought someone to go to Dingyuan to inquire about the news, she also found someone to help keep an eye on Yue Family's affairs. If something goes wrong, she will know the news as soon as possible and know how to handle it. Although Mrs. Su had separated with Yue Chang Lu, all of them would rush to suck their blood if Yue Family members knew the current situation at home!

After the Mid-Autumn Festival, it was the season of golden osmanthus fragrance again.

Su Family’s sweet-scented osmanthus bloomed very well this year. Only people at the foot of the mountain could smell the faint fragrance of sweet-scented osmanthus mixed in the refreshing autumn wind. From today, it was Su Family’s sweet-scented osmanthus harvest period. It was also the favorite tasks of all the little girls in Su Famil - shaking osmanthus. That’s why, early this morning, all the little girls, except for You Yin and You Zhu who were going to open the snack shop in the city, got up early and changed into narrow-sleeved tops and pants that allowed free movement without Mrs. Su's reminder. The maids and female servants combed their hair into two braids. Then they all stood in the front yard and waited for Eldest Sister to declare their departure.