8

Chapter 8. Half cooked rice

Mrs. Su pushed her herself to have the energy to talk with Mrs. Han for a long time. Mrs. Han noticed that she was indeed tired, so she didn't stay much longer: "Sister-in-law, you should take care of your body. Even if not for your own sake, but do it for your few daughters." With a heavy heart, she earnestly advised. Only then, Mrs. Han left the west wing empty-handed and went back to the lower room of the east wing where she lived.

Yue You He, who was sitting cautiously on the chair in the room, hurriedly stood up when she saw her mother come back and hugged her arm: "Mother is finally back. Younger brothers went out to play with the older brothers from first branch. I'm the only one left in the room. It's boring."

Mrs. Han pulled her daughter to sit on the kang, poured a bowl of water, and asked with a smile: "Didn't You Ting come to talk to you? How come she's gone now?"

Hearing her mother mention Yue You Ting, You He pursed her pink and delicate lip: "Mother, don't talk about it. Elder Cousin Sister looked through this and that when she comes. As long as it fit her, my new clothes gets taken away. Daughter was so annoyed at the sight of her and casually found a reason to send her back." Sitting next to Mrs. Han, she continued to complain, "How nice it was when we were in the county town! These country people have never seen the world. Daughter feel sick at the sight of it."

At first, Mrs. Han listened to her daughter complaining with a smile. But seeing her like this, her face immediately became a bit ugly and said: "What country people? You just happened grew up in the county town. Here will always be your home. You are also a country person yourself. Where did you learn this kind of bowing high and stamping low attitude?"

Although Mrs. Han was born in a small business family, she was the only daughter in the small family. On top of that, her mother was strong. Her father did not dare to take concubines. So she was educated like a boy. Due to this, she was more ambitious than many women. She also sympathized with second branch's daughters. So she helped Mrs. Su secretly from time to time. She knew that the family head hadn't entered her family despite living in the county town. Her family was still members of Yue Family. Her daughter’s words were really wrong. If Mother-in-law heard it, there will be trouble.

Seeing her mother suddenly speaking to herself like this, You Yue He didn't dare to argue with her despite the dissatisfaction in her heart. She obediently admitted her mistake: "Daughter knows her mistake."

Mrs. Han sighed. She broke it down bit by bit and explained it to her: "You still have your two brothers and are living a good life in the county town now. However, this family will be your mountain in the future. For a family to thrive, the most important thing is for siblings to work together. Although Mother doesn't like your eldest aunt's behavior, have I ever stop your two brothers from hanging out with the cousins from eldest branch? Your cousin sister Ting had only live in the village since she was young. She has seen less of the world than you. Still, you can't look down on people, understand? It's just show her something fresh. You won't lose a piece of meat. What is there to be scared about?"

Yue You He was carefully raised by Mrs. Han since she was young. She wasn't a small-minded person. She was just angry at Yue You Ting's ransacking and let a few heavy words without any thoughts. After listening to Mrs. Han's words, she realized her problem and then willingly admitted her mistake: "Mother taught right. Daughter know my mistakes."

Seeing her daughter reflecting, Mrs. Han sighed: "Now you are thirteen, you have reached the age of marriage. Think about how others would think of you if your words got out. How would they look at our Yue Family's daughter?" Stroking her daughter's long hair, she said softly: "In a woman's life, the most important thing is her own marriage. Don't be shy. Knowing these words is better than not knowing."