90

Chapter 90: You He's Marriage

When Yue You He first arrived at Su’s house, she was always cautious. But after a few days, she found that no matter whether it was Second Aunt, You Jin or the servants of Su Family, they didn’t give special treatment, as if she had always been in Su’s house. This made You He heaved a sigh of relief. In addition, the people around her were also blood-related relatives. The helplessness and unfamiliarity she felt when she first arrived in Luohe Prefecture gradually dissipated.

"If Elder Sister You He is willing, you can come to the study room with us to study and practice calligraphy." Because of You Jin's words, You He began to go to the study room in the front yard to study and practice calligraphy every day. In the afternoon. she practiced embroidery with Mrs. Su. There wasn’t much time in the day for her to be depressed about life.

Mrs. Su looked at You He's handkerchief embroidered with dense stitches of pink butterfly playing with flowers and nodded with satisfaction: "Your mother took pains to teach you. Not mentioning the rest, this handkerchief is countless times better than your younger sisters!"

You He was delighted to be praised by her, but she still smiled: "Second Aunt is overpraising. It’s just me fooling around on normal days. How can it be good enough to show off?"

Mrs. Su really liked You He and felt pity for her experience. She patted her soft hands and said: "When you came, your mother specifically asked me to find a marriage that you would like. Second Aunt isn’t trying to embarrass you. Marriage is an important matter. You can't marry blindly, alright?" Mrs. Su had already been brainwashed by the abnormal daughters in the family and felt that marriage was a matter of children's willingness.

"Since Mother said to let Second Aunt make the decision, I will obey Second Aunt." You He blushed and answered with her head half down. Although Mrs. Han had a very sharp temper, You He was delicate. Although her temper was good, she was an unwed daughter. Her skin was thinner. However, before she came to Luohe Prefecture, her mother did mention to her that the best way to avoid future troubles was to marry herself as soon as possible.

The more Mrs. Su looked at her, the more she liked her. So she urged You Jin a few times, asking her to help You HE find a good family.

You Jin was rendered a little helpless by Mrs. Su's: "Mother! I'm not a matchmaker, how can I keep an eye out for Elder Sister You He?" The people she can get in touch with every day were usually the customers in the snack shop or the long-term worker at home. How can she find a suitable family? "After so much difficulty, I finally got Elder Sister You He's household registration under our family's name. You must let me rest for two days, right?"

At You Jin’s words, Mrs. Su had no choice but to say: "Then you take a break. Don't delay though! Your Elder Sister You He is already sixteen. Can't afford to delay!"

***

But sometimes fate was something one can't force and fate came inadvertently.

It had been nearly two months since You He arrived at Wuliqiao. From early spring February to late spring March, You He had already integrated into Su Family’s world. Occasionally, she followed You Yin and others to the snack shop in Luohe Prefecture city to serve the guests and help out.

The little girls in Su Family were all good-looking. Most of the people who came to buy snack shop were women. Naturally, they had noticed that Sujiaxiang had recently gained an addition of a fifteen or sixteen-year-old girl with bright eyes and bright teeth. Many of them with unmarried youth at suitable age at home had their hearts slightly moved. Some even started to inquire with the other girls in the store: "Which family is the girl who helped in the store yesterday? Is she married?"