66

Chapter 66 Autumn

It was under You Jin's suggestion, Uncle Wang rented his earthen house to those five canal workers. It was set to one wen per person per day and charged the five people for ten days. The five canal workers didn’t mind Uncle Wang's earthen house being dilapidated. At least there was a place to stay, no?

Uncle Wang was also delighted. His old dilapidated house can bring him five wen income a day. And he lived in Su Family's canal worker's dormitory for free. Wasn't this perfect? Although the few canal workers puffed in anger when they saw old Third Chen occasionally at Wuliqiao, this matter was considered over.

However, old Third Chen’s matter had sounded an alarm within You Jin. Although her family won’t steal the canal workers’ money, who knows what kind canal workers were there. If something happens, it may affect her family business, no?

Right now, Su Family’s canal worker dormitory was full and can bring Su Family an income of about 4 silver liang per day. The canal workers had been in business for two months. The money invested in the construction had long been paid back. Now what they earn back every day was all pure profit. Such a good business, how can she bear to let go of it.

The time sequence had entered autumn. The 16 mu of fertile land that Su Family bought in Houjiawan was waiting for the original owner's family to harvest. Then it will be Su Family's land in the future. Nowadays, the business of sour plum soup had declined a lot. You Jin simply stopped this business. The sunflowers beside Su’s house had produced huge disc florets of sunflower seeds. The slightly curved sunflowers were happily telling people the joy of a good harvest.

You Jin bought back two puppies from the man whom she bought back the previous four wolf dogs from. Now that the family had fewer people and more things to do. The dog's attack power was much stronger than that of a child after training.

You Zhu's culinary skill was slowly improving. Can only say that Mrs. Su was a very patient teacher and You Zhu was a master of persistence. When the two gathered together, it seemed success could happen.

"Eldest Sister, come and try my new snack." You Zhu, whose face was stained like a dirty cat, brought a plate of pastries shaped like plum blossoms into the East Wing and happily presented the treasure to You Jin.

You Jin tied the strings of one hundred wen copper coins tightly and put them on the table. Then she amusedly asked, "Is this coming to me to test the poison or taste the flavor?"

Carefully placing the snack plate on the vacant table, You Zhu pouted and coquettishly responded: "Eldest Sister!"

Although at the beginning she made difficult-to-swallow things, but Mother said she had made great progress now. Eldest Sister still made fun of her!

Seeing her like this, You Jin stopped teasing her. She wiped her hands with a thick cotton handkerchief beside her, then twisted off a piece of pastry in the shape of a pale yellow plum blossom, and put it in her mouth. The faint scent of chrysanthemum instantly spread in her mouth. Although the snack ingredients weren’t as exquisite as the snack shops in the city, they still have a special flavor.

Initially, You Jin was a little hungry. She finished in two, three mouthfuls nodded in satisfaction: "Not bad. What's this snack called?"

After getting a good evaluation from Eldest Sister, You Zhu grinned: "Mother doesn't know what to call it. Just said that she was taught by her maternal grandparent."

Afterward, she happily carried the snacks out for the little ones to try and correct the prestige of elder sister while she was at it.

On the other hand, You Jin in the East Wing Room began to think about the hope of her family opening a snack shop. Now her family had more than 500 liang as foundation and Mrs. Su's superb culinary skills. Although Mrs. Su's health was poor, a few apprentices could be bought. It wasn’t a problem then.