10

Chapter 10. Dead end family line

You Yin wanted to tell Third Sister that Third Aunt had call her too at the beginning, but she was dragged by eldest cousin sister to help clean up. So she didn't follow. Now when she heard Third Sister telling her to go, You Yin nodded hard. She took a half scoop of water to wash her hands before heading to the east wing. Leaving You Ting, who was ordering You Yin around with her hands on hip, and You Jin staring at each other there.

"Then I'll trouble Eldest Cousin Sister with the rest of the work." You Jin wasn't stupid. Just now, she tore their face, so how could she rush to curry favor with her?

Although she was born and raised in the countryside, You Ting was spoiled by Mrs. Chen from young. On top of that, there were a good few children in second branch at home. So why would Yue You Ting get involved with these housework? Hearing what she said, the expression on You Ting's fair face turned a little ugly in an instant: "Yue You Jin, you dare to order me to do work?"

You Jin indifferently raised her eyes and glanced at her. Lowering her voice, she mocked: "What Eldest Cousin Sister say is strange? When did I instruct Eldest Cousin Sister on work? In the past, wasn't it always Eldest Cousin Sister making us work like cows and horses? Why don’t you remember?"

Then she raised her voice and said loudly, “Today it’s first branch’s turn to work. If Eldest Cousin Sister doesn’t want to do it, I’ll go and tell Grandmother. Let Grandmother decide then!"

"You damn girl, you dare!" You Ting also raised her voice and angrily yelled at Yue You Jin: "Dead end family's damn girl! You're only worthy to be ordered around by me!"

"Yue You Ting!" Mrs. Chen, who came out of the kitchen, heard her utter her private ridicule of second branch. Mrs. Chen hollered at her out of nervousness: "Such a grown girl and still don’t have a sense of boundary at all!"

Then she turned her head and smiled at the cold face You Jin: "You Jin, don’t listen to your eldest sister's nonsense. Your eldest sister is straightforward. Don’t take it to your heart!"

How could You Jin not know why Mrs. Chen ran out in such a panic and interrupted You Ting’s words. She was afraid that Yue Da Fu and old Mrs. Chen in the main hall would hear it. After all, second branch having no son wasn't only Yue Chang Lu's mental sickness, but also Yue Da Fu and his wife. If You Ting's words reach old Mrs. Chen's ears, there will be some bone chewing.

Before You Jin could speak, old Mrs. Chen’s voice rang out from the main hall: “Still so noisy when cleaning up the dishes and chopsticks. Truly a lazy woman who can’t do anything but eat everything!”

Judging by old Mrs. Chen's words, she probably didn’t hear what was said outside. Mrs. Chen heaved a sigh of relief and raised her voice to respond, “Oh! I know. I’ll clean asap!”

Then she lowered her voice and said to You Jin: "You Jin, if you don’t want Grandmother to tell you off and scold at you, then pretend you didn't hear what your eldest sister said just now, okay? You don’t want your family to be in chaos because your mother hasn't been able to give birth to a son, right?"

If You Jin was an immature little girl, maybe she would have been coaxed by Mrs. Chen's words. However, the soul in You Jin had lived for more than 20 years in the previous life. So would it be that easy to be hoodwinked by these few words of Mrs. Chen's bluffing? Still, You Jin hesitated and replied: "I don't want to say anything. It was just Eldest Cousin Sister who repeatedly called us money-wasting things and said that my father couldn't give birth to a son. Said that we got to be a cow and a horse for her. We are also descendants of Yue Family. How come Eldest Cosuin Sister always order us on chores?"