He Is Back

Your eyes widened at the name. You'd never heard it before, but merely hearing it gave you the chills.

"Voldemort?"

"Shh!" Dobby hushed you immediately. "[F/n] must never say the name ever again! It is dangerous to say it!"

"Did he - did he kill my parents?"

Dobby, hesitant, looked around, and when it was confirmed again that you were alone, gently nodded.

"I knew it."

"[F/n] and Harry Potter must not return to Hogwarts."

"I'm sorry, Dobby, but that's just not going to happen."

Dobby looked at you, frustrated. "Then, I'm going to make sure [F/n] and Harry Potter don't." He smirked, lifted his hand, clicked his fingers, and disappeared. And in that moment, you knew that he was going to do something that was going to screw you over back at home. Remembering that Uncle Vernon's mother was downstairs, you shot your eyes open and charged downstairs, to find Harry trying to calm Dobby down behind the counter, quietly, begging him to not do anything, whilst Dobby stood around the corner and pointed his finger at the cake.

"Dobby, no!" You whispered as loudly as you could to get Dobby's attention but not your families'.

"[F/n] and Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts." And with that, the cake began floating in the air, gradually lifting itself towards Uncle Vernon's mother, who could not see it coming. Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia, as well as Dudley, all, however, stared at the flying cake as it flew towards Uncle Vernon's mother, and the way you and Harry tiptoed towards the cake, with your arms stretched out, to try and grab it before Dobby could sabotage you. And yet, Dobby proved more skilled, as he snapped his fingers, and the cake thus unloaded on Uncle Vernon's mother's head, spreading out completely on her and her clothes, leaving her astounded and Uncle Vernon ultimately mad. Angrily, you and Harry snapped your heads towards the doorway where Dobby stood - he gave you a cheeky smile, clicked his fingers, and disappeared into thin air, leaving the cake problem to you.

"Oh, I'm going to kill that little fucker next time I see him," you groaned.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Uncle Vernon yelled, standing up, grabbing both you and Harry by your hair and angrily pulling you upstairs with as much force as he could to exert as much possible pain as possible. Screaming, you and Harry tried to push him away but could not quite succeed, when he finally threw you both into Harry's bedroom. "You spoilt little brats! I should have never let you out of this room! You can forget about that school! You're not going back ever! And don't think about writing anymore letters to your friends! It's over! Now rot in here!" And he thus left the room, slammed the door, and locked it. And to make your experience even better, he barricaded your windows the next morning, meaning you could not even escape through the window when the time came. And so, you and Harry spent the final week of your summer holidays locked in Harry's bedroom, sharing a bed, having the food brought to you, and only being allowed to leave to go to the toilet. And even sometimes then Uncle Vernon did not unlock the door. During the night, it was the worst, for the temptation to use magic to open the door exceeded your own will, but Harry managed to stop you every time.

And finally, on the night that you were supposed to arrive to Ron's, you and Harry sat on his bed and played UNO, ultimately upset over the fact that you were completely unable to go to Ron's or even attend Hogwarts. At least Dobby's wish had come true. But the thought of your friends being at Hogwarts when the danger was there - and you being unable to do anything - that horrified you.

"He's coming for us, you know?" You said.

"Who?"

"Voldemort."

"Didn't Dobby tell you not to say the name?"

"I don't see why not. But, still, he's coming for us."

"Do you really think so? I don't understand why us."

"I don't know either. But he killed our parents. And clearly he tried to kill us but something stopped him and he never succeeded. I suppose he wants to finish an old job."

"But then," Harry sighed, "what stopped him from doing it for all these years?"

"I don't know," you sighed, "maybe he went into hiding, or waited for us to grow up? I don't know! Maybe," you paused, seeing an incredibly bright light flash through into your window, illuminating the entire room, and suddenly a loud honk, as though a car, came from directly outside your window. Turning your head to look outside, it was true, there was a blue car, a Ford Anglia, flying directly outside your window. Magic! It was magic! You and Harry immediately ran to the window and opened it through the bars, to discover Ron, Fred and George in the car with huge grins.

"We knew something was up!" Ron grinned. "Pack your bags! Quickly! We'll get the bars!"

You and Harry turned to each other with grins. Without hesitation, you grabbed your suitcases which were packed for Hogwarts, which you'd packed weeks ago, already awaiting your departure. Grabbing it, you and Harry also grabbed your owls, and just as the car snapped the bars away and you were ready to enter the car, Uncle Vernon charged into the room. You'd managed to climb through just before Uncle Vernon got you, but as Harry was climbing in, Uncle Vernon grabbed his legs and pulled him back. You quickly grabbed Harry's wrists, his luggage already in the car, and you pulled as hard as possible.

"Fly away! Quick!" And with this, one of the twins pressed the gas, flying away from the window, causing Harry to hang out of the window, until Uncle Vernon gave up and dropped down into the bushes before the house, allowing Harry to climb up and into the car, after which he closed the door.

"YES!" You both yelled in unison, and suddenly everyone in the car started cheering.

"What the hell happened?" Ron asked, turning around to face the back seats.

"We have a lot to tell you." Harry said.

"A lot." You confirmed.

When you arrived at Ron's house, you were happily greeted by Mrs and Mr Weasley, then Ginny, then Percy, and then Hermione, who'd already arrived earlier. When sitting around the dinner table, Mr Weasley began asking you questions as to why you weren't allowed to return to Hogwarts and, assuming it was no biggie, you explained.

"Well, this little creature called Dobby appeared and said that Harry and I aren't to go back to Hogwarts. He said it's dangerous. He said," you paused, "that he's back."

With this, Mrs and Mr Weasley both choked on their food and froze immediately.

"What," Mr Weasley whispered, "did you just say?"

You turned to Mr Weasley, a face full of seriousness.

"Voldemort is back."