Our Quidditch Fall

Sitting on the bench, you sighed, looking up at the Quidditch players flying around already practicing, scarcely seeing them through the mist of the autumn weather. You were still putting on your gear, as you slowed down just to take more time and enjoy your sight of Draco's hair pacing past him as he whooshed through the sky. That's my boy, you thought to yourself, knowing full well that he was, even if it wasn't official and wouldn't become official for a while. But you knew that, sooner or later, you would make him your boy, even if it meant sacrificing your sanity, or the little of it that you had left. Thus, strapping on your protection around your knees, you relaxed on the bench and awaited for the boys to finish their game. When that time came, they all lowered themselves on the ground for a break, and the first person who approached you with a smile with Adrian Pucey with Cassius Warrington not far behind him, also approaching you with a smile.

"You alright, [F/n]?" Adrian asked, taking off his protective gloves.

"Of course. You?" You asked with a smile. Your green and silver Slytherin Quidditch top fitted your body perfectly, which was clear to you whenever you caught a boy looking you up and down, giving you the opportunity to scowl at them before barking at them. It always works.

"Of course," he smiled, "I'm spending the day with [F/n] Potter, how could I not be alright?"

"A date, is it?" Cassius laughed.

"No!" Adrian cried out immediately, his cheeks flushing red. You, the confident self you were, simply watched with a faint smile, appreciating Adrian's cuteness.

Cassius pulled out his water bottle and, sipping on it, laughed at Adrian. "Chill out, it was just a joke."

"Potter!" Graham called out, approaching you as well. "Have you got your gear?"

"Can't you tell?" You asked in a ridiculous manner, since your gear was put on and in visible sight.

"Don't get gobby with me," he scoffed.

"Oh, shut up for once," you rolled your eyes, turning away from him, as he rolled his eyes too. Soon enough, Blaise also decided to spend the break with you, leaving Goyle to stay away with Draco, the two awkwardly looking over every once in a while. "Blaise, my man," you grinned at him as he smiled back, wrapping his arm around your shoulders, causing all the boys to look at him jealousy for being so close to you.

When the time came for the next round of training, you headed onto your broom and prepared to take off when, suddenly, Graham stopped everyone and thought for a moment, deep in thought as though considering an important idea. Finally, he nodded, turning to Draco, "Malfoy, you're going to be a Seeker."

"What?" Draco asked, turning to you in confusion.

"But I'm the - " You began, only to be cut off by Graham again.

"Yes. You are, Potter," he said with a nod, "but this is your training too. What good is chasing after a snitch if there's no one you're fighting against?"

You and Draco turned to each other, realising you were now official rivals. Both pursing your lips, you inhaled and exhaled deeply as you watched each other across the group. Blaise had to back away slightly, feeling the electricity burning in the air at the meeting of your eyes. And so suddenly, getting on your broom and training became more enjoyable than ever. No longer would you be chasing a flying little snitch alone - this time, you had a much deeper cause. Beating the love of your life, because what better than that?

Getting onto your brooms, you all thus charged into the air. Whilst all the other Quidditch players proceeded into an intense game of hitting, defending, dodging, flying - you and Draco furrowed your brows at each other, non-verbally challenging each other. Draco's face proved far more serious as he kept his usual scowl upon his expression, in contrast to your playful smirk before you whooshed past him and towards the snitch. He could not follow immediately; he was taken aback by the manner in which your hair sped behind you and the focused expression on your face.