Door Slamming

"He didn't deserve any of this," you whispered out, staring at her with menacing eyes. "He was happy before you - you and your pack of insane fucks!" You felt your entire body trembling, your words sharp, your own eyes twitching with excessive anger.

"That's enough," Snape repeated in a calm tone, grabbing your wand off you and taking a hold of your body, wrapping his arms around you protectively.

The sudden feeling of arms being wrapped around you, you fell into a state of shock. Yet, his immediate soothing of you caused your anger to crumble entirely and be replaced with a horrifically pitiable sense of woe. Tears now pouring down your expressionless face, you felt your body fall weak against Snape, causing him to tighten his grip around you to hold you up. Narcissa had ran over to Bellatrix, tending to her pain. The most Mr Malfoy could do, however, was stare in shock, being torn between two things.

His duty, and his desire.

His duty; to run over to his aunt, who was tied with him by blood and by certain marks - his loyalty was expected to lie within her.

Or his desire; to run over to the love of his life and soothe her endlessly. Wrap his arms around the girl entirely, encompass her entire existence and bury her in his everlasting love.

Snape caught Draco's eyes across the entire mess, seeing the distraught expression upon Draco's face and the sense of panic in which he did not know what to do. Snape understood, nevertheless, for he was no different to Draco. He carried a duty, and he carried a desire. The duty to serve his fellows, and the desire to protect his youngling who bore the face of a woman he once dearly loved, which he had passed onto the youngling entirely. But Snape had made his decision; there are things that are more important, and Snape understood that, and knew how to act upon them. Thus, he tightened his grip around you, losing Draco's eyes and focusing on your being in its entirety as you crumbled down within his arms.

Bellatrix, regaining her strength after breathing heavily, proceeded to turn away from Narcissa with the most venomous glare, staring at you and Snape from the ground. Fury, rage, wrath - all encompassed her entirely in one second as she pushed Narcissa away, lifting herself up gently to grab her wand off the ground.

With one quick swish of the hand, a large green beam shot itself out of her wand at you and Snape, however specifically at you.

Had Snape not had his wand upon himself, and had he not been fast enough, you would be laughing with Sirius now. But there, lifting his wand up, in the final second he pushed you down behind himself and, using his wand, diverted the spell to fly elsewhere into the house, knocking down one of the paintings. Everyone's eyes turned to the painting which had fallen and caused a large ruckus, as the frame snapped upon the harsh collision with the ground.

Bellatrix, taking advantage of everyone's loss of focus at her, lifted her wand once more. She opened her mouth, forming the letter 'A'.

Yet, the spell did not proceed.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco cried out, his wand aimed at Bellatrix.

All eyes shot towards him. His own hand trembled, tears in the corners of his eyes, as he panicked with the feeling of all eyes upon him in terror.

And, in a swift motion, Draco sprinted across the foyer to reach you, pulling you up off the ground and taking you in his arms. You were not given enough time to sufficiently react, only feeling yourself be pulled up forcefully and quickly, being picked up in a bridal style before feeling the motion of Draco running away. Snape, Narcissa and Bellatrix stared at the boy as he sprinted up the large staircase with you in his arms, looking back and forth between each other in shock.