Jealous Romeo

The next day was hard to push through. Both having been late to lesson, with only a couple of hours sleep. Both you and Draco sat in lessons, heads leaning on hands, barely awake, struggling to keep your eyes open. Yet, not a single ounce of either of you regretted the night. Filled with laughter, pleasure, joy, and comfort; there was simply nothing more one could wish for in one night. And then, for the final, to be embraced softly in warmth and held tightly as you drifted off into the most wonderful sleep. This very thing ... it continued. The sneaking around, the tiredness in the morning. It was satisfying. And it came to a point that the Room of Requirement served you two purposes. Every time you were in there with Dumbledore's Army, you could not help but be distracted every time with memories of Draco, from the night before, or two nights before, or whenever you were last in there. Harry would attempt to speak to you, get in contact with you, but you would stand there, staring at the wall against which the bed usually stood, but was not there at the present moment, and you would inhale deeply, remembering all the physical and emotional sensations of every touch of Draco's.

"[F/n]," Harry snapped his fingers in front of your face.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled at you, just as you'd snapped back to reality. With this, you had absolutely no time to react, being ultimately sent back and hitting the ground harshly. You looked up at Harry from the floor, staring at him, confused.

"The fuck?"

"Pay attention! Voldemort won't wait for you to concentrate."

"Stupe-"

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled before you could even get the word out at him. And, as you furrowed your brows at your brother, he smirked, stuck his middle finger up at you, and then continued teaching other students. You could now only huff, frustrated with him.

You and Hermione also began your A-level lessons, in which you began teaching yourselves the content. Whether it would ever come to use, you did not know, but it was worth a shot, and it proved really fun. Typically, you sat in the Gryffindor common room doing the work, but one evening you found it to be very busy with many Gryffindors sitting around and laughing. Checking the library, it was, to your dismay, not open for students at the minute. And so, you resorted to the final place: the Slytherin common room. Unfortunately, Pansy and her two other friends were present in the room, sitting on the sofas, talking and gossiping to each other, and upon entering, all their eyes turned to you.

"What do you want, Potter?" She scoffed.

"Uh, this is also my common room," you said with an empty expression as you crossed the room with Hermione and sat at the table at the back before placing down all your equipment.

"Doesn't mean anyone wants you here."

"Doesn't mean I care?" You said, pulling a ridiculous expression as she presented the most ridiculous arguments against you.

Shut down, she closed her mouth, rolled her eyes and turned back to her friends, knowing she could not defeat you.

And so, you and Hermione proceeded with the studies you left just the day before.

"Alright, so where were we?" You asked, checking the textbook. "Oh, yes. So, obviously," you explained, "Othello is seen as an outsider due to the colour of his skin, and so you could argue that his feelings of outsiderness make him feel the need to live up to a certain title. Due to this, he's obviously very insecure and so it makes him more prone to believing lies that could underestimate his noble title, since he knows how easily he can be beaten down with racism. It's probably why Desdemona's infidelity is so easily believed, despite it not being true. I mean, not only was the plan perfectly written, but also Iago's words, as a man, are generally more valued in society than a woman's, so even Desdemona trying to stick up for herself wouldn't mean anything. Pile that on top of Othello's underlying and socially-enforced insecurity, you could argue that, whilst not agreeable and justified, his response can be, to a certain extent, understood."