Fourth Contestant

You all sat in anticipation as Dumbledore circled the Goblet. The entire hall was silent, surrounded by darkness. The contestants were to be announced, and you and Cedric had slept together that night and discussed it all in detail whilst sharing multiple kisses throughout. Cedric wanted this - he wanted it a lot - he wished to make his father proud. And so, you prayed hard and hard for him to get it, and for him to make it through, for he deserved it more than anyone. All the other contestants, you were sure, were utter losers and Cedric was to be the winner. And so, a name was shot out of the Goblet.

"Fleur Delacour!" He shouted out, turning to the Beauxbatons. Everyone cheered, including you, for she seemed like a lovely girl, and suddenly you felt bad for wishing loss on her. But Cedric was, in the end, your specific winner.

Fleur beamed happily as she made her way up to the altar at the front of the Great Hall, where she stood beside the other teachers and could barely control her smile.

Another name. "Viktor Krum!"

Krum grinned too, all his friends patting him on the back and sending him off, as he too made his way up beside Fleur and stood beside her proudly. The two appeared as happy as ever.

"And finally, Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore called out, turning to the Hufflepuff table. You immediately clapped harder than you had for anyone else, and you proceeded to whistle with a grand smile as you watched your boyfriend go up. From the side, you heard a scoff, and you knew very well it came from Malfoy, but you did not bother to turn to him otherwise you would have been tempted to, indeed, claw his eyes out just by the mere sight of him.

Cedric made his way up and stood beside Fleur and Krum and smiled at you through the hall. It was very evident, whoever was watching Cedric, that his regards were on you; he was smiling brightly and looking at you intensely as he flashed you a wink.

"That was definitely to me!" A first year Slytherin student quickly said to her friend.

"No, to me!" The other replied. You, on the other hand, merely sat and watched him with a smile as you winked back.

Dumbledore went on to give a speech of the contestants and what was to await them, but you were too caught up watching your boyfriend and smiling at him, saying things to each other and having to understand the bizarre formations of each other's lips.

'We'll celebrate,' he mouthed.

'We'll what?' You mouthed back.

'Ce-le-brate.'

'Celebrate?'

'Yes!'

'Yes, we will!' You laughed.

'You're hot.'

'I know,' you mouthed back. 'You too.'

This conversation, however, got cut short when an intense atmosphere filled the room and, turning to Dumbledore, you realised he'd paused his speech and the Goblet had turned another colour, yet again, as it proceeded to spit out another piece of paper. Everyone practically gasped at the sight - it was a known fact that only three participants, one from each school, were to be in the Triwizard Tournament. And therefore, why did the Goblet spit out a fourth name?

Dumbledore grabbed a hold of it, looked down at it in a form of panic, and almost lost his breath for a moment as he muttered the name to himself before repeating it to himself louder, "Potter," he called out.

Unaware of which Potter, yours and Harry's eyes flew to each other in a horrific panic.

"[F/n] Potter!" Dumbledore finished, catching his breath. Harry's eyes, at this, turned into a larger panic than the uncertainty of which Potter. The idea of his own little sister performing such trials at a Tournament in which people die, at the age of not-yet-fifteen - no the thought was terrifying, and he would not allow it.

"[F/n] Potter!" Dumbledore repeated. With a face of terror, you raised yourself and looked around the hall uncomfortably. Everyone's eyes were on you and, with no other choice, you hastily made your way up to the altar where you took your place beside Cedric. He looked down at you in horror, and you looked at him with watery eyes, terrified of what had just happened.

"What the hell, [F/n]?" Cedric whispered.

"I don't know!" You whispered back. "I don't know, I really don't."

Your eyes scanned the room, and you found all your friend's faces to be in immediate forms of panic. Hermione looked as though she were about to start a riot at the mere announcement of your name. Ron was confused as ever. Harry looked horrified, and his eyes were staring directly at you in disbelief. And then, your eyes scanning the room further involuntarily, you caught sight of Malfoy, who watched you intently, no emotion present on his face. It was impossible to figure out what he was thinking; he simply stared at you, in silence, with no expression.

After the speech and the event in the Great Hall, all the contestants were sent off to wait in Dumbledore's office. It took some time for the teachers to arrive, and it was only the four of you wandering around the office awkwardly.

"[F/n], how?" Cedric asked. "You didn't cheat it, did you?"

"No, what the fuck? Do you think I could cheat Dumbledore's magic? Do you think I would willingly put myself at such a risk when I'm so young? Do you think I would apply just to take the glory from you?"

"Hey, I never said that," Cedric said calmly, "I was just asking."

"Sorry, I'm just stressed now," you huffed.

"It's alright." Cedric whispered, pulling you in for a hug. "I can't believe this has happened. Surely they won't make you go through with it?"

"How old are you?" Krum asked, approaching the two of you.

"Fourteen. Fifteen soon."

"That's very young," he said. "Let's hope you can leave."

"I did not know the two of you were together. What a coincidence," Fleur said, approaching too with a smile. "And [F/n], if you are forced to stay, I hope we can help each other out."

"I don't even plan to win, so I'll just help and not get myself killed."

"Don't say that. You're not going to die," Cedric groaned, holding you close. "I won't let you."

"Likewise."

"I am sure you will be allowed to leave," Krum added.