Walk of Realisation

"But then I spent some many nights thinking how you did me wrong, and I grew strong!"

"And I learned how to get along!"

"And so you're back!" Both you and Draco sang out in unison, swaying from side to side as you danced in the Slytherin common room with your phone in the background playing Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'. It was, realistically, about the twentieth time you were dancing to this song, purely because Draco took a liking to it. It was an odd choice, for you'd never expected for him to like this song specifically, but he did.

"From outer space!" You sang out.

"I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face!" Draco continued, grinning as he watched you.

"I can't believe you've learned the lyrics," you laughed.

"Muggles have ... surprisingly good music," he smiled.

You proceeded your dances and laughter for a while longer, until it was time to introduce him to ... ABBA. And thus, by the end of the night, he'd already learned the 'Gimme Gimme Gimme a man after midnight' confidently, and sang it with you every time.

"Parties must be so fun with this music," he said over the music.

"You bet they are!" You grinned, taking his hand as the song approached the chorus, and you thus pulled him in and twirled him, which he proceeded to do. "You'll see for yourself one day."

"How will I?"

"You'll come with me," you said, looking up at him with a joyful grin. He also smiled as he looked down at you, before exhaling jovially and kissing your lips, tired from all the dancing and singing, but not giving up. "And when you do, you'll be able to join in with all the dances and songs."

"Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight," he sang to himself, smiling happily to himself as he did.

By now, the clock had struck two at night. You danced along with Draco for a while longer, but soon enough, tiredness overwhelmed you and thus it was time to put the night to an end there. You and Draco engaged in one final kiss before parting, as you left first, your heart pounding from both all the dancing and from simply having been around Draco in such an adorable manner. You left to your bed, indeed, however the lonely figure of Draco Malfoy rested upon the sofa for a while longer, smiling at the fireplace, his head deep in thoughts about you.

And the next day his head proceeded to be swarmed with thoughts of your smile, your voice and your simple existence.

And the day after that.

And after that.

And after that.

[ ]

He'd sit in lesson, with you in the room, he'd constantly look over and watch you, and when you weren't in the room, he would enter his own mental state in which he pictured you and reminisced the soft smile upon your lips that always rose whenever you saw him.

You were no better. You would sit alone and your thoughts would trail all the way to Draco Malfoy. Initially, it was fun and enjoyable, but soon enough, worry began to fill you. Why was he on your mind so often? What if this was no phase and you would never be freed from thoughts of him? Days, weeks began to pass, and there was no change in your own attitude towards him. Whenever silence filled a room, your mind trailed unhealthily to thoughts of the boy and you'd recall memories of his lips upon yours, whereupon you would lift your fingers and gently trail them along your bottom lip, feeling Draco's mark imprinted within your skin.

And there was Draco, always tapping his pen on his desk, frustrating Blaise. Dazed in his mind, watching the tapping of the pen. Blaise never bothered to ask what was on his mind, for the answer was obvious. Soon enough, Blaise himself began to worry of Draco. This inability to focus on reality became more severe during periods in which you and Draco saw of each other less, for various reasons. Whether it was Draco's constant requirement to study, or yours, or your training which you were forced to move to the Quidditch pitch, or your studying of muggle subjects ... it was sometimes hard to see each other through it all. And in this periods, both you and Draco lost yourselves more in your memories of each other, occasionally struggling to distinguish between the perfection of thoughts and the loneliness of reality.