No Promises

Closing your eyes gently and slowly inhaling, you were overtaken by a strong smell of cologne. One which you'd smelled before. Indeed - the cologne from the Great Hall.

"I'd know what it smells like if that dickhead didn't put on so much cologne," you groaned, turning to Malfoy, annoyed.

"My cologne? It's your stupid perfume that's everywhere in the room."

And thus, silence followed the room. Pausing, you and Malfoy stared at each other in a moment of realisation. Everyone around, too, stared at the two of you with intrigued faces, and no one said a word. No one dared to mention anything. And more so, both you and Malfoy became horrified.

"What?" Hermione asked, breaking the tension.

Without another word, you furrowed your brows, complete anger at Malfoy (and for what reason, no one knew). Your immediate response to the matter was to thus exit the room in an angry manner, pushing Malfoy out of the way to get to the door. He proved just as angry as you, and for what reason still no one knew. Everyone else merely watched in silence, unable to process the situation. You, by now, were long gone, storming through the hallways alone, when footsteps followed behind you.

"Potter," Malfoy's voice called out from behind in a tone just as furious as yours.

"What?" You almost shouted, turning back around to him, stopping dead in your tracks when he caught up with you and was almost right against you, looking down at you.

"My cologne?" He asked, a tone of dominance, low and raspy.

"I've hit you once, and I will do it again," you threatened, looking up at him with furrowed brows, acting as a threat for him to say no more, or your anger will peak. Yet, Malfoy was never one to listen; especially not to you. Your threats meant very little to him, and he thus stepped closer and placed his hand yet again around your neck, gently pressing his fingers into the sides of your jaw, holding tightly and having ultimate control over you.

"Do it, then, Potter."

"Don't test me."

"No. You don't test me."

Your anger spiralling, without another second, you instinctively felt your hand rise as it hit Malfoy's cheek, sending his face to the side. Your own palm began to burn from pain from the slap, and the redness of it matched that of Malfoy's cheek now as he slowly turned back towards you, looking down at you with flared nostrils and eyes gently squinted from his anger. His pupils had dilated as they looked upon you, and, processing what you'd just done to him, he released an indignant groan as he forcefully pushed you against the wall by your neck, holding you tightly in place.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" He spat out at you, which you smirked at as you looked straight into his enlarged pupils, burning. "Think it's funny, do you?"

"Oh, I think it's hilarious," you whispered out.

"We'll see how hilarious it really is."

"What can you do?" You gently whispered, your voice as alluring as ever with a soft, mocking expression your face. "Tell your daddy about me? Tell him how much you can't resist me and it's making your little boy hormones angry?"

"Watch it, Potter, I'm telling you," he groaned, digging his fingertips into your neck more.

"Tell me, then. I don't listen to low lives like you," you quoted him with a smirk. The two of you stared into each other's flaming eyes for a while longer, when you finally groaned and pushed him off of you, pushing him away and glancing at him one more time with a face of anger.

"Just wait, Potter. I let you off last year, but I won't this time."

"Go cry to your daddy."

"[F/n]?" Cedric's voice filled your ears, and both yours and Malfoy's heads snapped towards Cedric who was approaching you. You felt ultimately relieved to have pushed Malfoy away the second you did; Malfoy, on the other hand, wished he had held onto you a while longer so that Cedric saw everything. "Are you pestering her again, Malfoy?" Cedric asked in an angry tone, approaching the two of you.

"Pestering her?" Malfoy scoffed, turning to you. "Is that what she's been telling you?"

"It's the truth, you dumb fuck," you groaned.

"The truth, huh?" He smirked. "Enjoy your night, Potter. Enjoy it while you can." And with this, he flashed Cedric a glare before making his way away from the two of you, leaving you breathless and Cedric confused and, needless to say, uncomfortable and worried.

"What's he talking about, [F/n]?"

"You tell me," you said, dusting your clothes off as you watched Malfoy leave. "That boy," you furrowed your brows. "If they don't kick him out soon, I'll kick him out physically."

"But what did he do?"

"Enough for me to wish him dead."

"Is he hurting you?"

"Yes, but I've got it handled."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Well, relax now. The first challenge is soon, you need to rest."

This was very true. The first challenge came about faster than you'd expected or even wished for, and you felt yourself growing more and more nervous. Your nerves peaked when Ron told you to follow Hagrid one night and, with your invisibility cloak on, you did and discovered the woods full of angry dragons, blowing fire back and forth. Hagrid informed you that the first challenge was going to include dragons, and you felt your horror grow at the Triwizard Tournament. You quickly informed Cedric of your findings, and the two of you proceeded to worry about the first challenge together.

The night before the first challenge, you stayed in the Gryffindor room till eleven, sitting in the Gryffindor common room with your three best friends.

"Are you nervous?" Ron asked.

"Nah, flying high, mate," you said sarcastically.

"Alright," Ron said, slightly offended.

"You should rest, [F/n]," Hermione said.

"And don't die tomorrow, alright?" Harry smiled.

"No promises."