Escape From Home

Needless to describe an entire summer, for it was plainly the exact same as that before. The only perhaps more exciting this summer was the way in which uncle Vernon's mother got blown up by Harry after insulting your parents multiple times. That was when Harry had had enough and yelled back, and thus she blew up into a ball and floated out, phew. It was rather entertaining, indeed, and you watched on laughing. Of course, you got hit afterwards and locked in your room, but it was funny whilst it lasted.

"It's going to be over soon," Harry said, packing his bags, ready for the next year of Hogwarts. You sat on his bed, eating crisps, and watched him. "I just want to go already!"

"Me too."

"I just want to be back with Ron and Hermione."

"Me too."

"The only thing that makes me want to die is the thought of returning back to Malfoy."

"Me too." Whilst this was true, you could not fully agree with it - a part of you enjoyed bickering with Malfoy, for you enjoyed the drama and tension.

"I'm sick and tired of this!" Harry said, growing more frustrated, and he eventually threw his clothes back into the luggage in an utter mess before sighing and sitting down beside you. "I've grown this summer, haven't I?"

"I don't know, I have no comparison. I've seen you everyday, it's hard to tell."

"Yeah, true."

All of this passed, until another argument with the Dursleys came up just two nights before it was your time to leave for Hogwarts. This time, Harry did not contain his anger. He was far more stressed this summer than you, for you only threatened to use magic once, whilst Harry lifted his wand up to their faces multiple times. You wondered perhaps it was his puberty. At one point, he even threatened magic on you, but after you threatened to snap his wand, he backed down. And thus, from the argument, it ended up that at midnight you were forced to grab Albus, your owl, and your suitcase, for Harry decided he was going to simply leave. Yes, he did not even wait for you, but left with Hedwig and all his suitcases. You'd grabbed it as quickly as possible and ran after him.

"Wait for me, will you?"

"Sorry, I cannot stand another second being in there."

"But where are we going? We have nowhere to go. The train for Hogwarts doesn't leave in another two days."

"Well, we'll sleep on the street." Harry said, looking ahead.

"You can, I'm not. I'd rather find a motel."

"Have you got money?"

"I'll sell them my sanity."

"So in conclusion, we're sleeping on the street."

Sighing, the two of you sat down under a street lamp on one of the streets and debated what to do next. There was not, however, much to do, and you did not have many options. Sitting in silence, your attention was oddly caught when you began to hear growling within the silence coming from before you, within the bushes. To support the growling, two gleaming eyes found themselves within the bushes too. Both you and Harry instinctively pulled out your wands and aimed it at the eyes, but due to this, the growling quickly stopped and the eyes disappeared.

"Wizard wolf?" You asked.

"Certainly wasn't human."

"Didn't seem too muggle like either."

"Well, it's gone now, and we're still homeless."

Upon this, a purple bus appeared out of thin air before you and Harry as it suddenly sped across the street from practically nowhere with extreme speed, coming to an ultimate halt, which was quite definitely not something one would expect to see. You knew, therefore, that these were your people.

"Come on," the bus driver instructed, pulling you on and helping you with your suitcases. You and Harry, though confused, proceeded to get on. "Where to?"

"I don't know," you said.

"Leaky Cauldron, please," Harry interrupted.

"Why there?" You asked.

"To get into Diagon Alley, maybe, dumbass?"

"Alright, calm your nerves, Barbra, it was just a question."

The speed at which the bus proceeded to dash through London almost killed you, for you were sent flying towards the back of the bus, colliding with one of the windows, your face squished against it. Exactly the same happened for Harry.

"Did ya hear?" The driver asked. "The prisoner of Azkaban escaped! Sirius Black!"

"Who?" You called out, holding on for dear life onto a pole.

"Sirius Black!"

"And who the fuck is that?"

"Stop swearing in public!" Harry called out, grabbing onto a nearby pole.

"And who the fuck asked you, Potter?" You asked. The bus, ever so suddenly, squished into such a shape that you physically became as small as it, as tight and skinny. "The fuck!?" You cried out, feeling an odd tension in your muscles, but a sudden relief the second the bus returned to its normal shape. "Think I just had a seizure!"

Thinking you had your balance under control with the speed, you let go of the pole. And thus, the bus came to a sudden halt. And again, your face collided with the window. Your entire cheek was red from this, and, getting off, you could not help but rub it continuously from pain.

"That really hurt, you know?" You said, standing outside the Leaky Cauldron with Albus and your bags beside you.

"It's a good thing that the bus came when it did. Perhaps being a wizard isn't so bad after all."

"After all!?" You scoffed as the two of you walked into the pub, holding your luggage tightly. Entering, it was a delightful surprise to discover Hermione inside. The second she noticed the two of you, she beamed with joy and rushed over, giving you and Harry a hug and greeting you with joy. Soon enough, behind, Ron joined in and did the same.

"Hermione! Tell your stupid cat to leave Scabbers alone!"

"Crookshanks hasn't done anything! It's your dumb rat that is pestering her!"

"[F/n]! Harry!" Mrs Weasley called out with a jovial smile, ushering the two of you towards the table they were sitting at. "What brings you here at this time?"

"Harry decided to run away from home so I followed."

"Oh gosh, why's that?" She asked, quickly ordering some tea for the both of you.

"Lost it completely at them talking about how our parents were good for nothing wizards and should've died sooner."

"Wait, they said that?" You asked, on the edge of your seat. "I didn't hear it."

"It's why I left. You was in your room."

"If I'd known sooner, I'd have killed them!"

"You'd kill anyone if you could," Ron added.

"Of course not."