M v P

When you arrived back at Hogwarts, you felt happier than ever to be yet again, back at home, for it felt like heaven on Earth to see the familiar faces, the robes, the colours, the grand architecture, and most of all, feel the magic. However, you were required to sit at the Slytherin table for the first dinner, in which the first years were being sorted into their houses. You did indeed sit alone, and one seat along, on the opposite side, sat Malfoy, who kept whispering to his friends, who proceeded to giggle and look at you, until you finally lost your temper, turned immediately towards them, and asked, "would you like to say it to my face?"

"We're just talking about how you've gotten uglier over the summer." Pansy said, giving you a sly and murderous look with a mocking smile that mimicked Malfoy's.

"Right. Enjoy your talk."

"Oh, we will."

"Don't forget to mention to Malfoy how you won't stop talking in your dreams about him and how you and your friends believe he likes you back."

Pansy's face dropped and, panicking, she turned to Malfoy, then to you with furrowed brows.

"I never do that!"

"Oh, getting off the train I am quite sure I overheard you saying Malfoy soooo wants you to your friends! Well, Malfoy, you've lower standards than I expected! But then again, I didn't expect much from either of you."

Both furrowed brows from both victims as they glared at you.

"And Malfoy - how's your daddy? Are you still baking cookies for him like the good boy you are?"

"Don't talk about my father, you worthless little rat."

Your temper began pouring out your ears, as your breathing increased with every word you said and heard. Snape, noticing this from the teacher's table, sighed of tiredness before getting up and making his way across the hall to you.

"Why? Are you going to piss your pants about it? Or grass me up to him? Fuck off and cry about it."

"Bold of you to speak when we're in front of all these students and teachers. Try and say it when we're alone if you're so brave, dear," Pansy said with a sneer, smirking at you. This response resulted in Malfoy smirking immediately too.

"Bold of you to assume I won't when we're alone. Was that supposed to scare me? Christ, get better threats."

With this, you felt a smack right around your head and when ready to argue with the person who did it, you discovered Snape's poker, yet angry, face glaring at you, and he immediately pointed towards the doors of the Great Hall, signifying that it was time to leave and that your time at the sorting ceremony was over for this year. Standing up, you glanced Malfoy and Pansy one last look of disgust before finally trotting out of the hall, Snape following you.

When outside, Snape asked, "and what was it about this time?"

"Fucking whispering about me and when I confront them they won't fucking drop it. God, I fucking hate them. Both of them. I can't tell who's worse. Her or him. Both fucking dickheads."

"Language."

"English."

"Potter, I'm warning you."

"Warn me then."

Snape stopped, turned to you. "Potter, control yourself."

"I'm pissed off."

"I'm aware."

"Why couldn't you take them out instead? Or let me sit with the Gryffindors? See, this is why I don't sit with the Slytherins. I just want to die."

"Die?" Snape turned to you. "Interesting."

"Snape." You began, debating whether you ought to open your mouth about it. He did not answer as the two of you walked through the hallway, but he awaited your answer, which you were afraid to give. "I shouldn't be telling you this."

"Telling me what?"

"I'll tell you when we're in a safer place."

And indeed, upon arrival at his office, he took a seat behind his desk, whilst you sat down directly in front of him. He did, however, avoid eye contact with you at all costs as he immediately resumed to sorting and signing papers, whilst you shook your leg under the desk, preparing yourself to get it out and tell him, not quite knowing what reaction to expect.

"He's coming back."

Immediately, Snape stopped all forms of writing and merely stared at his paper, ultimate shock electrifying his entire body at your words. Interesting, you thought, for him to know exactly who.

"Who?" He looked up at you, acting doubtful and unsure, but you, a not-so-proud Slytherin knew better and, having manipulation and cunningness in your blood, could see past the facade.

"Don't sell me that shit." You furrowed your brows. "You knew."

"Knew what?"

You stood up, glaring down at Snape, realising that his ultimate shock was not of your words, but of your knowledge - someone like you was not supposed to know about this.

"Snape," you narrowed your eyes, "how the hell do you know that he's coming back?"

Snape lowered his pen on his papers, still avoiding eye contact with you at all costs as he looked down at his desk with pursed lips.

"I didn't know."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't, Potter."

"Yes, you did, Snape."

"Get out of my office."

"You're kicking me out?"

"Out." Snape demanded, looking up at you with an emotion you could not quite read. "Now."

"Right, fine, I will. But, however you know that he's coming back, I also hope you're aware that I'm going to single handedly destroy him myself for murdering my parents." You stood up from your seat, walking over to the door. "And I don't care what side you're on. I will fight you if I have to."

Snape flashed you one last look, pursed his lips, then looked back down towards his desk.

"Get out."

"And I will kill if I must." And with this, you walked out of the office. Now, you were free to wander halls, whilst the sorting ceremony lasted. You wandered from hall to hall, grazing your fingers along the walls and walking through the darkness, watching the stars and the moon hang within the sky through the large windows.

Wandering through the halls, you began to hear the sudden, unusual distant sound of whispers. Inaudible whispers that is, yet something unusually alluring about them, and mysterious, attracted you and caused you to squint your eyes and slowly follow through the walls, following the sound of the whispers. Yet, a person you did not find, but emptiness. Looking out into the hall, there stood no one, and the whispers stopped. Looking around, from hallway to hallway, you sought out people, but it was pure emptiness, and the darkness began to feel much more eerie than you'd wished. Finally taking it upon yourself to make a full turn and look behind yourself at the wall, that was when you discovered it.