I Love You Too

"Can I?" He asked.

"Can you what?"

"Be selfish?"

"Selfish?"

"And have you all for myself?"

You smiled immediately at his words.

"I wouldn't want to be anyone else's."

He used this opportunity to reveal himself from the duvet to wrap you in his arms, but the second he did, his arm revealed a large, black tattoo upon it. There, upon the inside of his lower left arm, you caught sight of the black skull with a snake running through it, signifying only one and one thing only. You knew of it, of course, thus why was seeing it such a shocker? Your heart paused momentarily at the sight of the Death Eater tattoo. Again, there's something so painfully difficult about knowing, rather than assuming. With assuming, it's only the potential of pain, but knowing is the clarification of pain. Thus, you stared at his arm, noticing the red marks around it. The skin was rough; as though it'd been harshly scratched, as you assumed. You could only assume.

And yet, as distraught as the tattoo was capable of making you feel, you put all stressful thoughts aside. Draco, realising that he'd lifted up the arm to you and revealed it, quickly retreated it under the duvet and hid it away, turning away from you in shame. However, you inhaled steadily. You were about to perform a very brave and devilish move, a very courageous and valorous one. Slowly, you rose. Under the duvet, you'd turned and placed a leg over Draco, astride on him, but on your bent knees so that you were taller than him. Carefully, you stretched out your arm to the arm of his with the mark, lifting it up to yourself. Draco did not protest, but he was not eager either. He had a painful look upon his face, worried for your reaction. You, however, brought up the arm to your lips, gently kissing it. You kissed the red marks around the mark.

Draco's eyes widened lightly at your calm reaction.

"Didn't I just say?" You asked with a faint smile as you lowered his arm again. Using your hands, you intertwined your fingers into his hair as you held him steadily in front of yourself. "I love you. I don't care about what the mark signifies ... you're a loving person; one who would not hurt anyone intentionally. You're a pure soul. I believe in you, Draco."

"The mark makes me evil," he whispered out, staring into your eyes with his own glassy ones.

"The mark shows your strength," you whispered back, taking a hold of his cheeks, "it shows what you've been put through ... yet you're still here, smiling, loving. It's a definition of your strength as Draco Malfoy. The mark doesn't define you."

"[F/n]," Draco finally exclaimed in an exhale.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Smiling, you and Draco both wrapped each other in your arms. You held onto him tightly, pressing him closer against yourself to remind him that you were not going to let go of him, no matter what. He, too, held you tightly in fear that if he let go, he would lose you forever.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," he whispered against the crook of your neck as he continued to embrace you, "so, so much."

"Good," you laughed out, "makes the two of us."

"I've known," he began as he looked at you again, "I've known for a long time. That I love you. I couldn't tell you - not with this."

"We'll get through it together."

"[F/n], you don't understand," he sighed, "the things he expects. [F/n], I'm not brave like you ... I can't just get up, make a snarky comment, throw some spells ... appear randomly in places to attack. I'm not crazy." He sighed. "If he tells me to do something ... [F/n], I'll have no choice but to do it. I'm so scared of him, you don't understand."

"Well it's a good thing that you have me then," you grinned, flashing him a wink, "because I'm far from scared of him."

"It's not you that's being forced to do ... all these things."

"The Opal Necklace ... that was you, then?"

In shame, he slowly nodded.

"He made you?"

Again, he nodded, warily.

"Well, that's another reason to kill the fucker."

"You can't." Draco quickly said. "And don't even try. I know what you're like. You'll get yourself killed, and I'm not having that."

"I'm not going to stand by and let the cunt do this to you. He'd already killed my parents, that's enough. And now you? Oh, no. I'm not having him take you too."

"That's dangerous."

"And I'm crazy!"

Draco shook his head, but could not resist a faint smile.

"But there's something you have to know about my father," Draco began slowly and warily.

"That he's a Death Eater and that he's in Azkaban?"

Draco's face dropped.

"How did you - "

"I'm [F/n] Potter, darling. It's my job to know."

Draco smiled widely and, taking a hold of your body, lifted you from himself and threw you down onto the bed before raising himself over the top of you. Both of you bore wide grins of joy. Thus, encompassed by ultimate freedom and peace, he lowered himself to your stomach. He began to blow a raspberry on your naked stomach, causing you to laugh out like a child, kicking your legs from the tickling sensation.

"Draco!" You cried out over your laughter.

"Does it tickle?" He asked, looking up at you with a smile.

"Yes!"

Therefore, he dropped down and blew another raspberry against your stomach, causing you to proceed with your laughter, tears prickling in the corners of your eyes.

Thank God that the two of you were under the duvet as, when the door came open, through it revealed none other than Narcissa herself. She had an inquiring look upon herself, possibly checking the noise, and her face dropped in shock when she witnessed what she did and, exclaiming in a fit of shock, she turned around and cried out.

You and Draco had turned to her immediately with terrified faces. As Draco bore a fearful and embarrassed face, you could not help but smile to yourself ridiculously, realising that these were the first impressions you were making to your future mother-in-law. First, attacking her sister in her own home, then being naked in her son's bed. You were going to have a lot of explaining to do.

"Please, mother - knock next time!"

"Knock next time! I'm not used to you having a girl over, Draco Lucius Malfoy!"

"It's lovely to meet you, Mrs Malfoy," you said through your sheepish smile.

"Bella is away. I wanted to tell you ... that you're free to come downstairs for a chat, [F/n]." She said, still not facing you.

"We'll be downstairs in a second, mother," Draco quickly said, clearing his throat.

When she left, he turned to face you with his cheeks glowing red.

"She must love me," you said, sarcastically.

"Believe me, she does. And she's bound to love you even more, when she realises how much I love you."