The Nature of Us

He paused his eye scan as he met your eyes, watching you exit. When you knew you'd grabbed his attention, you turned away for good and exited the Great Hall completely. You did not lie to Hermione; you indeed headed to the closest bathroom just down the hallway.

And, clearing his throat, another individual rose from his seat within the Great Hall, also fixing his robe, brushing his hair back.

"Where are you going?" Goyle asked, furrowing his brows at Draco's sudden leave.

"Bathroom."

Yet, as you stood in the bathroom before the mirror, you looked at your features, examining the beauty of them. You knew; there was something raw - unique about you, exemplifying your beauty to the world. Though you weren't particularly one to care for such matters as looks, there was something about Draco Malfoy that brought out the femininity in you, causing you to brush your hair back behind your ears to see your full face. You looked at your cheeks, then at your chin, then your eyes, and your nose. However, in the process of doing so, you caught sight of Draco Malfoy approaching you from behind, within the mirror. Your eyes had met within the mirror, and immediately both of you smiled at each other.

No words had to be exchanged; Draco simply spun you around, forcing you to face him. Without a second of hesitation, he took your chin in his hand and controlled the movement of your face, by which he brought it up to his own to kiss you as he pressed himself against you so harshly that you were right against the sinks. Before you knew it, you were sitting on the sinks with your legs wrapped around Draco, who stood in between them and pressed himself - and his ... bodily matters - against you.

Needless to say, you did not return to breakfast. Whispers were spread, and even Snape pursed his lips and mentally face palmed at the fact that the two of you could not have been any more obvious. It physically pained him to take responsibility for either of you, for he was surrounded by embarrassment at the mere idea of being associated with you and Draco, and thus he sank into his seat and furrowed his brows, acting as though he had no business with you whatsoever.

It was during the first lesson that you and Draco arrived together; Defence Against Dark Arts! You were late to lesson, of course, but not due to sexual business. Simply, you had chosen to stroll through the hallways together, laughing about casual matters and bathing in the ability to be seen together, enjoying each other's presence. Whispers and stares followed, some people pointed, some people could not help but visibly stare at the unusual sight. [F/n] Potter and Draco Malfoy - smiling together! And the manner in which Draco Malfoy softly looked down to his side at the little creature stumbling beside him, explaining random matters to him, and for him to listen to them so ardently. Or even for Draco Malfoy to go on to speak of ridiculous ideas, occasionally slating students he disliked, occasionally speaking of the things he liked about London or his future plans, what he'd like to see. And very similarly, the manner in which you gazed up at him, listening fervently with gleaming eyes.

"You're late." Snape snapped upon the first step of yours and Draco's into the room, which was already filled with students. You and Draco bore smiles from the conversation you had just been having, about whether Fudge Flies or Peppermint Toads were a better choice of candy.

"I thought we were early," you said with a mischievous grin as you smirked at Snape, only infuriating him further due to the fact that he knew he could not say to you what he really wanted to, as all eyes were on him. He had to keep his usual teacher act and remain formal, which was more frustrating than your actual lateness in itself.

You and Draco thus took your seats. Snape proceeded the lesson, in which he began talking about different types of shields and how they were relevant to different spells. You, of course, took notes as you normally would, and your focus on the lesson caused Mr Malfoy to doze off and stare at you across the room instead, after which Snape snapped at him and told him to stay behind.

"You're taking the piss, mate," Draco groaned, leaning back in his chair and slouching in it with a frustrated expression.

"Watch your language."

Draco opened his mouth to say English, but he felt himself too influenced by you. Had he said that, your influence over him would have been too clear - he did not want people to think he was losing himself completely to a girl. And so, he closed his mouth and rolled his eyes, leaving you to smile widely.

When Draco was held back, you proceeded to wait behind in the classroom for him, wishing to go to your next lesson with him. This was a pro of being a Slytherin with him; most of your lessons were together. Even though you and Draco rarely spoke during actual lesson time, it was exquisite enough to wander through the school together and sit in each other's presences.

"I suggest you watch what you say in my lessons, Mr Malfoy," Snape snapped when the class emptied, "I don't care what happens outside of school. When you're in here, you behave."

"I always behave."

"Watch the sarcasm."

"It wasn't sarcasm."

"Keep with the attitude and you'll fail my class. Now get out. Both of you." And with this, Draco flashed you a humorous look before the two of you turned away and began to exit the classroom, when, once more, Snape proceeded: "And you couldn't have made it more dramatic, could you?"

"Nope!" Draco called out without turning around, simply wrapping his arm around your shoulders with a grin.

It was undeniable that ever since you and Draco united, he was a ... changed man. But not changed like he was at the start of the year; he was happy, thrilled and blooming. His face was always filled with colour, his lips always rosy and his cheeks always flushed, he always smiled and always produced a sense of life. Only before, at the start of the year, you caught him always in a dazed, pained manner as he stared into empty spaces with void eyes. He was different now. The mere sight of little [F/n] Potter, his ridiculous little brat, his heart sprung and he felt the definition of hope. Thus, he wished to fight for this with all his might - he would not know how to push forward if he did not. Therefore, he could not feel more proud when he continued to walk through the halls with his arm around your shoulder, signifying your status to him.

"You're kind of cute," he whispered humorously, pulling you closer as you walked and kissing the side of your head.

"You're making me blush, Mr Malfoy."

"This isn't very us, is it?"

"What do you mean?" You asked, looking up at him as you held his hand which was hanging off your shoulder.

"Kind of cringe, isn't it?"

"Oh yes," you beamed, "but every once in a while won't hurt."

"Especially since we'll return to me calling you a whore as I fuck you later tonight," he said confidently.

The most you could do at this comment was shake your head in disapproval, yet with a huge grin arising on your face as you noticed the nature of this relationship. Was this what it meant to be in love? In a relationship with an individual who you were in love with? How splendid! How unusual! Yet, the most ethereal feeling you'd ever experienced. And all people around were left to do was stare in awe, gazing at the easiness of your relationship and how, unusually, well you spoke with Draco Malfoy. Only now were months - years - of fighting for each other evident to the outer world, and it felt freeing as fuck.