Malfoy Mark

In the morning, when washing your face beside Ginny and Hermione, still in your pyjamas which revealed your neck with ease, you looked up into the mirror to find the large mark Draco had left from yesterday's library exchange. You widened your eyes, noticing the physical visibility of it.

"This cunt!" You cried out, lowering your pyjamas slightly more to discover another hickey he'd left you, lower down. "Two!"

"Wow," Hermione cleared her throat, looking at you in the mirror, "he sure as hell does it rough."

"Show her your wrists," Ginny said with a grin.

"Wrists?"

Sighing, you lifted up your sleeves, revealing the bruises around your wrists, in the shapes of fingertips having been dug in. Consequently, to surprise Hermione even more, you gently lifted up your pyjama top to reveal your waist and the similar bruises of fingertips there. Hermione had covered her mouth in disbelief at the sight, whereas Ginny laughed nonchalantly and continued washing her face.

"Surely that hurts!"

"That's kind of the point," you shrugged, turning back to the mirror. "But now I've got to find a way to cover this."

Your means of covering it was doing up your uniform and tightening the collar around the hickey. The second hickey was easier to cover as it was closer to your chest - but this one! Draco had purposely left it so high up, for he knew that, if he could not have you entirely for himself, he would not allow anyone else to have you. Yet, even over the collar, half of the hickey remained in sight. With a groan, you promised yourself to keep it covered with your hand when sitting, or to cover it with your hair, or to simply not face anyone on this side.

In the first Potions lesson of that day, Slughorn smiled brightly, scanning his students. "Alright, I've paired you up, but the pairing is random. Slytherins and Gryffindors may mix, or you may be with your own house." He thus proceeded to call out a bunch of paired names, but you only awaited for the two key names which were of interest to you. Who you were with, and who Draco was with. Slughorn proceeded, "Draco Malfoy and Padma Patil."

Simply hearing this, you furrowed your brows. You wondered - did she still like him? You bloody well hoped not, but her flushed cheeks and shy smile towards her friends signified that she did, in fact, still have feelings for your man. Draco remained unfazed, his usual stoic face with no expression. It's okay, [F/n], he has feelings for you ... stop being a jealous psycho.

Finally, your name was called out - alongside Adrian Pucey's. This time, an emotion lifted itself in Draco's expression as he immediately shot his eyes over towards Slughorn, who'd just called out the names. His eyebrows were strict in frustration as his eyes proved fierce. He thus turned over to you, lowering his eyes at you - victory was yours! Slowly turning towards him as well, your lips bore the face of a cruel victory as you smirked at Draco, raising your eyebrows up at him. Finally, you all crossed over to your stations, and you thus stood with Adrian. As Slughorn called out the instructions, you caught eyes with Harry who was giving you the death stare, still bitter over the face that his, or Half-Blood Prince's, book was in your possession. He was checking if you were planning to use it in front of Adrian, and he sighed in peace and relief when he realised that you were going by the normal textbooks and not revealing the secret in such a reckless manner.

You constantly looked over to Draco and Padma, and noticed that, whatever occasion she got, she would gently brush her hand over his. Draco was a boy and thus small gestures like this weren't clear to him. He remained absolutely oblivious, not taking a single hint. You, however, knew all the tricks around this - you did very similar things when you were trying to get Draco's attention in the past, and you still did it till today.

"You okay?" Adrian asked, mid-making the potion as he noticed your constant looking over at the other station. "Has Malfoy done something to annoy you again?"

"Yes." You snapped. "He breathed, Adrian. He fucking breathed, that's what."

"Geez, I knew you guys hated each other but I didn't know that it was this much."

"You have no idea," you said, helping him with the making of the potion. "Sometimes, I think about killing him."

"Really?" Adrian laughed. "He's not that bad, you know? Sure, he may be a bit of a prick sometimes, but I used to hang around him more in the first couple of years. He was quite nice to us as his friends."

"Quite nice!" You laughed. "That boy bullied first years when he was in his third and fourth years."

"Really?"

"Of course. Didn't you see? I remember - I saw him once literally pushing around a first year in the snow. He was so happy about it too. He also believes that if you're poor, you're practically worthless. Not to mention the whole wizard racism thing."

"Wizard racism?"

"Pure-bloods and shit."

"Well, he's got a point," Adrian shrugged. "Muggle borns or half-bloods are basically frauds."

"Oh God, not you as well."

"You're a pure-blood yourself, why does it matter?"

"Just because it doesn't affect me doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. It's just about being a decent human being and helping those around you. As much as I've fallen in love with being a Slytherin, I still cannot stand so many Slytherins for their shitty, prejudiced, biased, dumb views."

Adrian pursed his lips lightly at your aggressive words.

"I've never really cared about other houses. I just think Slytherins are the best because, you know, they've got it all in order," he added.

"Of course you'd think that," you shook your head, "the Nazis thought they had it all in order too."

"Nazis?" Adrian raised his eyebrow, turning to you.

"Forget it. My point is - you're piggy backing off your parents' beliefs with no real justification behind your argument. There is absolutely no solid evidence that muggle borns or half-bloods are any worse than pure-bloods. They're capable of achieving the exact same achievements as any other wizard."

"Well," Adrian cleared his throat, "I suppose you're right. But it just doesn't make sense to me."

"Logic can't make sense to everyone, I suppose."

He flashed you a look of surprise at the snarky comment, and could not decide against his own frustration and sexual attraction. You, however, proceeded to make the potion, which you knew was not going to be as perfect as it could due to your inability to resort to your cheat book. Meanwhile, Draco continuously looked over to your station; he could not hear what you and Adrian were talking about, yet seeing you talk to each other was enough to infuriate him. And so, he awaited for you to look over. It took around a minute or two for you to turn your attention back onto him across the classroom, and, when he noticed that your attention was grabbed, he used this to smile at Padma and take a hold of her hand to help her cut the ingredients properly. His hand was tightly fitted against hers, directing her from behind carefully. Her cheeks had flushed completely and the smile on her lips was that of utmost embarrassment. And so suddenly, you despised Draco Malfoy.

By the end of the lesson, as you exited the classroom, you made your way through the filled Hogwarts halls when, in the distance, your eyes met Rowhound's across the hall. He was directly staring at you, with a purpose, and the sudden catch of his eyes caused you to back away suddenly in confusion. You looked around yourself to ensure his eyes were fixated on you and, when you determined that they were, you continued to make your way with a snarky face at the man. You were walking in his direction, since your next lesson was ahead of yourself, and, when he noticed you growing closer, he backed away into another hallway and completely disappeared from your sight.

"Yeah - fuck off," you whispered to yourself.