Quidditch Practice

Sighing, you flashed yourself one last final look in your Quidditch uniform, all green with the proud sign of a snake, before heading out onto the Quidditch pitch as you grabbed your broom on the way out. All the other Slytherins were already there, standing around and waiting for their Seeker, when you finally arrived and flashed them all a cheeky grin.

"Took your time, Potter," Graham Montague scoffed, turning to the rest of the team who had impatient looks upon their faces; even Draco. "As I said, two teams." The group had indeed split up into two teams. "Potter, get on Pucey's team."

"Don't tell me what to do," you mumbled to yourself as you crossed Graham to get to Adrian Pucey, who flashed you an ... interesting ... look as he watched you get beside him.

"All of you," Graham continued, "try to go easy on Potter. She's a girl."

You furrowed your brows.

"Excuse you?"

"I'm being nice. Calm down," Graham rolled his eyes.

"You think I need special treatment because I'm a girl?"

"It's scientifically proven that girls are weaker. Just the way it is. Deal with it."

All the boys flashed their looks back and forth, internally praying for Graham Montague, who was clearly in a bad mood and chose to attack you. Graham always had a short temper, but he was never one to actively annoy you, and certainly not one to openly make misogynistic comments - ones which you would not take.

"Funny that you say that ... " You pursed your lips. "Malfoy," you turned to Draco, "you're the Seeker today."

"What?" Draco raised his eyebrow, staring at you.

"You heard me." You turned to Graham. "I feel like being a Beater today," you smirked.

"I'll be the Keeper since I'm substitute for it anyway," Blaise said, who was one of the official Beaters.

"Potter, you can't go messing up our positions!" Graham called out.

"Oh," you forced a pity look, "you worried about me being a Beater and on the opposing team?"

He bit his lip and furrowed his brows at you. "No. I'm not worried. Do it, then. We'll see."

Draco watched the scene, holding back a smile of victory, very well repeating the phrase That's my girl, to himself. He already knew that this Quidditch practice would not end well - he'd learned what it meant to make you angry the hard way, and thus he already prayed for his friend Graham to Merlin, and knew that sooner or later, the boy would end up in the Hospital Wing. Blaise, too, flashed Draco a knowing look, also certain that Graham would regret every second of this challenge. Plus, as much as Draco adored you, he knew this gave him an opportunity to show off his Seeker skills. Yeah - he supported you - but if he got the chance to outshine you in Quidditch, he would do it gladly.

Finally, the training began. You were all on your brooms, going back and forth, playing the game in your two teams. Team one: Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, and [F/n] Potter. Team two: Graham Montague, Blaise Zabini, Gregory Goyle. And finally, Draco Malfoy, who was today's Seeker and thus had the choice to pick which team he would play for. Of course, he picked Graham's.

As the official Seeker of the team, you'd naturally developed the beauty of agility, speed, balance and power when it came to flying. When a Seeker, it was no easy job having to fly in small spaces, or at various speeds, or quick turns, due to the snitch's unpredictable nature. Thus, needless to say, the other team subtly quivered with worry for themselves as you flew around with the bat. You kept it low initially, not hitting it too hard, not directing it towards Graham ... because you knew it satisfied him. Because he thought you were merely weak, or too scared to truly do anything. And you knew his ego grew, and he would grow too proud and say something ... a snarky comment. Then, you chose to unleash your power. Thus, you waited patiently. Waited for the boy to be filled with his own ego. Strategic? I think so.