The Library

You sighed, walking into Snape's office, a large grin upon your face. You dusted yourself off the snow as you entered inside, taking off your hat and scarf, then your coat, and then hung them up before making your way to Snape's desk. You sat in front of him, and he had paused his writing and now gently looked up at you, his usual glare, silently awaiting you to state the cause of your coming.

"Ello!" You grinned.

He clicked his tongue before returning to his writing, without another word. With a frown, you grabbed his pen out of his hand before setting it down to the side. At this, his brows gently furrowed and he clicked his tongue again, finally looking up at you and giving you the attention you required.

"What is it, Potter?"

"I've come to say you should come outside! It's lovely weather."

"Lovely? We have different definitions of lovely," he scoffed, slowly taking his pen again and continuing his writing.

"Oh, stop being a Scrooge, will you?"

"A Scrooge?"

"Yes! Have you never read A Christmas Carol?"

"A what?"

"Goodness! The wizarding world truly is uncultured! I will find you a copy as soon as possible. It is by one of the most fantastic writers in history: Charles Dickens."

"And why is he so great?"

"He wrote great novels, commenting on social class and status often. He himself grew up quite poor due to his father's debts, and had to work in a workhouse to save for his family."

"And why is that so great?"

You shook your head at the ignorance of Snape's wizard head.

"I suppose your issues here in the wizarding world are very different to the ones we have."

"Yes, perhaps so." He paused. "I have work to do."

"Come, out into the snow!"

"No."

And suddenly, out of the blue, the door burst open into Snape's office and none other than Malfoy stood at the door, mid-yelling as he shouted: "She's everywhere! [F/n] this, [F/n] that!"

Both you and Snape watched him, confused at the unusual manner of his presentation. Awkwardly, you cleared your throat, upon hearing his lips speak of your name. Indeed - you enjoyed the sound of it, and so suddenly wished he'd call you by your first name more often, rather than just Potter. Potter felt so impersonal. There was something indeed so intimate about first names.

He stared at you and Snape for a while longer in a panicked, furious manner, before continuing his yelling spree and shouting: "You're a fucking psycho! A stalker! Everywhere!" And with this, he charged out of the office, slamming the door behind himself, leaving you and Snape alone, confused as ever.

You slowly turned to Snape, asking him if he knew what had gotten into him, but he only slowly shook his head, almost as though he were terrified at Malfoy's behaviour.

Not long after, you took it upon yourself to go into the library to search through their Christmas books, hoping they would have a section of muggle books and would thus contain A Christmas Carol to give to Snape. It would have been nice, too, to read it yourself - it was a common tradition that you read these Christmas books on Christmas. And so, heading for the library, you saw Ginny turn a corner out of the library door, but she was too long gone by the time you'd reached the end of the hall to speak to her. She had been in the library, anyhow, and it was a shame that she had left so quickly, for you could have spent the time there together. Anyhow, at least it was going to be empty. Dark and empty - nothing better than that, indeed! With a smile, you walked into the library and, making your way through one of the aisles, you caught sight of a figure standing by the window of the library. The figure was outlined by the gleam of the moon, and all that encompassed your view now was the perfect aisle leading up to the individual, and the aesthetic manner in which they stood in the middle of the window. Only their shadow, surrounded by the beautiful shine of the moon and a faint glimmer of snow falling outside the window, disappearing as it fell before the figure and thus blocked your way away from it. The person looked undeniably stressed, almost deep in thought, as they leaned their arms on the window sill and watched out the window.