Draco

You laughed with Cedric, and you continued to joke and laugh for another while when sitting outside. Admiring the stars, you ended up lying down on the bench, your head rested on Cedric's lap, as the two of you looked up, pointing towards the stars and identifying different shapes the stars formed.

"It's so pretty, isn't it?" You said.

"Well, stars are always pretty." Cedric paused. "Aren't you cold?"

"I'm never cold."

"You're very independent."

"Of course," you grinned, looking up at Cedric, who looked down at you and smiled gently. "Not to mention I am single handedly going to kill Voldemort, alone."

"Alone? No."

"Yes."

"We'll all fight him with you."

"Yes, fight. Kill, no."

Cedric smiled and shook his head in a ridiculous manner. "Oh, to be a Slytherin, huh?"

"I am the best Slytherin out there," you grinned proudly.

"Of course you are. It obviously isn't going to be someone like Malfoy."

"Speaking of," you began, ready to tell him of the incident earlier in which Malfoy sacrificed himself to convince McGonagall to allow you to stay, when you lost the will to tell Cedric, and felt the matter between you and Malfoy. "He's a bit of a bitch," you said, changing your course of conversation.

You and Cedric smiled to each other. However, it was finally time to get up and go back to your common rooms. Having to part in the courtyard already due to the opposing directions of the common rooms, the two of you hugged in the moon light, holding onto each other tightly, neither of you quite wanting to let go. But when you did, you looked up at Cedric for a moment, whilst he looked down at you, and for a moment, there was a sudden form of energy around you, nudging you on to stand on your tiptoes and plant a gentle kiss on Cedric's lips. Yes, an unusual desire this was, one which you'd never experienced before. He thus looked down at your lips, as you at his, ready; nothing came out of it, however. You cleared your throat and looked to the side, ultimately panicking and letting go of Cedric's cheek, upon which he let go of your waist and also coughed quietly.

"Goodnight, Cedric."

"Goodnight, [F/n], sleep well," he smiled. You smiled back, and the two of you parted.

He walked into the building from the other side. When walking into the building, down the corridor you noticed a lonely figure wandering through, gently pacing through with their head drooped.

"Loner," you said audibly, in fact, you said it purposely loud enough for the individual to hear as soon as you identified their identity. You smirked, a humorous, not malicious, smirk, as you slowly made your way over to the figure who stopped.

"Who do you think you're talking to, Potter?" Malfoy furrowed his brows, turning to you.

"You're out late," you said, catching up to him and walking beside him in a calm manner. He did not look at you, but continued to hold onto his annoyed expression as he walked ahead.

"Yeah, well, so are you." He paused. "Flirting with fifth years."

"Flirting with fifth years? Absolutely not."

"I saw you out there, don't think you're so slick."

"I don't think so at all," you said humorously, in a rather good mood.

"Stop being all bubbly, it's weird. You're better off angry."

"Thank you," you inhaled. "Thank you, Draco."

Malfoy turned to you with widened eyes, confused, and staring down at you as though you'd just said the weirdest thing ever.

"Don't say my name, you weirdo."

"Alright then, Malfoy. I was trying to be nice."

"I don't like you nice."

"So you like me rude?"

"I never said that either," he huffed. "Why are you thanking me?"

"For sacrificing yourself to McGonagall. I don't quite understand why you'd do that, though."

"I did no such thing. You really are losing it," he said in a mocking tone. "Sacrifice myself for you? Mad."

You shook your head. "Whether you admit it or not, I'm thanking you either way."

"I don't need your thanks."

"Oh, also," you said, speeding up your walk slightly before turning around to Malfoy with a playful smirk, "I would never just shut up and take it." And with this, you turned back around forward and continued your walk to the common room, leaving him in the dark. He stopped and stared at you for a moment, his jaw slightly lowered at your response, before clearing his throat and smirking back, but you no longer saw this, for he merely smirked at the shape of your silhouette as you walked away.