The Dream

That night, you dreamt that you were back at Hogwarts and you were getting married to Cedric in the courtyard. All the students were guests, all in black suits - both boys and girls . And your dress - your dress appeared black, rather than white. No one questioned it, except you. And, in fact, Ginny. As you were preparing to leave for the altar, Ginny begged you to take your dress off, and informed you that putting on the white dress would be a better bet. You told her that you agree, and that you wish to change, but Hermione had grabbed your hand and said it's impossible as you've ran out of time. Hermione had dragged you out to the courtyard, and there stood Cedric at the altar waiting for you. The music started, people stood, turned and stared, yet the only conscious people aware of the unusual behaviour and conventions of the dream were you and Ginny as you walked down. Then, in the front row, sat Draco Malfoy. Upon reaching his seat, he stood up too and turned around to you, and you noticed the distinction his suit, for he wore a glistening white suit, which contrasted perfectly the black suits of others. His stare; it was not menacing, nor cruel, but rather a soft and regretful look as he watched you gently. In this dream only you, Ginny and Draco produced emotions on your expressions; everyone else contained an empty, blank stare at you, causing you to feel ultimately eerie.

"Draco?" You asked. "Why are you wearing white? Everyone else is wearing black."

"Why must you wear the black dress?" He asked, sadly.

"What? No - I asked to wear the white dress."

"It's too late, [F/n]." He said, "you're wearing the black dress now."

"I can change, Draco. Just give me a second. I'll wear the white dress."

"It's too late." He repeated melancholically, sadness over-taking him. "It's too late, [F/n]." He looked down at your dress. "But you look beautiful."

"There's time. There's always time to change," you protested.

"You'll always look beautiful. Even in a black dress."

You woke up in a startle to find Cedric already dressed and ready to leave for the Quidditch match, and when he discovered that you were awake, he smiled softly and kissed your forehead.

"Good morning."

"What's happening?" You asked, confused, as you lifted yourself up in your bed and looked around.

"We're leaving soon. Harry's already ready and packed."

"Where are we off to?"

"It's the Quidditch match later today, so we're going to go there a little bit earlier to meet the Weasleys and settle in, then we can get something to eat, and then watch the match."

"Oh," you said, nodding, trying to process what Cedric was saying, despite being half asleep. "Alright, sounds cool." And you disregarded the dream in every manner you could. Standing before the mirror, you thought of it and tried to get rid of it, peeing on the toilet, you thought of it and tried to get rid of it, getting dressed, you thought of it and tried to get rid of it, eating, packing, speaking, laughing, kissing, complaining, breathing - you thought of it and tried to get rid of it.

Later that day, you met with Mr Weasley and the rest of his family, who Hermione happened to be with too. It was a lovely reunion, as Cedric's father joined your group too, thus forming a large familial group. You were taken to a small tent and informed that you'd be staying there, but you could not quite believe how a single person would fit in there, with it only making sense when you finally walked in and discovered for it to be the magical size of a house. That was the beauty of the wizarding life.

"This is impressive," Harry said.

"For the match, should I go cute, sporty, or slutty?" You asked, looking through your suitcase.

"Slutty?" Cedric lifted his head up immediately towards you. "Maybe not," he said with an awkward grin.

"Slutty? What we talking?" Hermione asked, heading over to you and taking a look inside your suitcase. Ginny quickly followed up and looked inside too.

"This is a nice dress," Ginny said, lifting up and out of the suitcase a tight, black, off-shoulder dress with long sleeves that would ultimately reveal every curve of your body. At the sight, Cedric gulped with the mere thought of you in it, but both him and Harry quickly stood and protested as to why you shouldn't.

"Someone's a bit over-protective," Ginny commented. "You're her boyfriend, you're her brother. Neither of you get a say."

"Uh, I think we do." Harry said.

"Agreed," Cedric quickly said, "that's very revealing."

"And? She's not a sexual object and can wear what she wants."

"Surrounded by hundreds of people who are going to be most likely drunk? Yeah, I didn't think so." Harry said.

"Breathe," you quickly intervened, grabbing the dress. "I wouldn't wear it anyway, it's quite chilly, you know? I think I'll just go with jeans, or joggers."

"Jeans," Ginny and Hermione said in unison. "Maybe wear a cute crop top with it," Hermione then added.

"Oh, I have a black, tight crop top."

"All your clothes are black. Are you emo?" Ron asked.

"Yes."

Some more time was spent in the tent. After you'd decided on your clothes, you went with black, tight jeans, and a black, tight crop top. It was indeed very hard for Cedric to keep away, and he kept at least one hand on you at all times to assert his dominance and prove that you are his girlfriend, and therefore oughtn't be looked at sexually. Sometimes, he could not help himself from lowering his hand from your back, and during the first couple of tries you humorously lifted it back up, but you never really minded and therefore eventually let him lower it with ease. Meeting Cedric's father formerly was also a pleasure, for he appeared the kindest and sweetest of all.

Mr and Mrs Weasley, Mr Diggory, Cedric, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George, and finally, you, all headed to one of the pubs before the match and sat down at a large table, all taking pleasure in ordering beer for yourselves and drinking it happily. It certainly lightened the mood and happily prepared you all for the match. Cedric, per usual, could not keep away from you, and often would, within a crowd or a conversation, turn to the side to gently whisper something in your ear or remind you that you look beautiful, or, if not possible to whisper, he certainly would assure you of it with the placing of his hand. When sitting at the pub beside him, he shifted his hand from your back (or lower back), and thus placed it on your thigh. You were not used to such treatment, and would stare at his hand in shock and confusion.

"Cringe," you muttered to yourself humorously as you took a sip of the beer, after which Cedric smiled and shook his head, also sipping his beer and gently grabbing your inner thigh. "I wish I wasn't hormonal."

"What?" Cedric asked.

"Abso-fucking-lutely nothing, Diggory." You quickly said with an awkward but reassuring grin, hoping he would drop the matter for you didn't feel yourself explaining to him that you were a horny teenager.