Their Conversation

The next morning, you sat up and rubbed your eyes, unaware of what was happening. Only after a moment, when you saw how bright the room was and that it was morning, you remembered the snow of last night. Jumping out of bed, you immediately ran to the window, almost tripping on the way, and you thus discovered a grand, beautiful view of pure white snow piled upon the ground. It looked as beautiful as ever, and it was yet still snowing, meaning it was only being piled on more. Leaning on the window sill, you stared in awe at the sight with a rising smile on your face. And, from the distance, you began to hear laughter out of the window, which was soon followed by some Hufflepuffs, with their scarves on, running through the snow and throwing it at each other, giggling back and forth. The sight only made your smile even more, and you sunk into the view for a while longer.

It was a Saturday, meaning you had the day to celebrate in snow. No task, no school, no boys. It was just going to be you and snow, as the Christmas atmosphere approached. There was nothing more exciting than Christmas; though you always hated it at the Dursleys', yet it was the time they were the most stand-able due to your excessive joy during this period.

That very day, you had your Slytherin scarf on, with a long winter coat and gloves, and you made your way outside into the courtyard. Not wishing to speak to anyone, you merely made your way through the snow, making small footsteps as you walked through it. The atmosphere was incomparable to anything else. The joy, the cosiness. It truly relaxed you like nothing else had. The piercing snow, the jovial atmosphere of winter. Winter blues? You didn't know her.

"[F/n]!" You heard Hermione shout in joy, as she quickly ran up to you from the other side of the courtyard with her coat and Gryffindor scarf. She wore a great smile on her face, both for she could see you but the snow. "You love snow! It's snowing!"

"I know!" You beamed back. "I'm very happy."

"I can tell," she smiled. "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade today? We could take Ginny too!"

"Yes!" The day ultimately got better. You were to go Hogsmeade with Ginny anyway, and so Hermione joining you only made matters better.

When all was sorted, you, Hermione and Ginny went to Hogsmeade, escaping Hogwarts and its previous worries. At The Three Broomsticks, you all sat down by the fireplace in the corner, where there were large, comfy armchairs. You had ordered warm butterbeer, and the three of you drifted away into gossip and speaking of your excitement for Christmas.

"Who're you hoping to go with, Mione?"

Hermione flashed you a nervous smile, and then turned to Ginny. "I'm going with Viktor Krum."

"Viktor Krum!?" Ginny beamed. "No way! Holy shit!"

"Isn't it!?"

Yet, deep down, you knew Hermione craved for none other than Ron Weasley to ask her. He had not, however, and Krum had beaten him to it. You thought, perhaps, Ron was merely too much of a coward to ask Hermione, but he really did want to go with her too. However, that was, partially, his problem and therefore you allowed Hermione to bathe in the joy of going with Viktor Krum.

"And you, [F/n]? Cedric?"

You nodded.

"What about you Ginny?"

"Well," she smiled nervously, her cheeks flushing a deep red. "Neville asked me."

"Aw!" You and Hermione grinned. "That's so adorable!"

As you were speaking, the door into The Three Broomsticks opened, and through it walked two additional Slytherin scarves; Mr Malfoy and Miss Parkinson walked in together. They both dusted themselves off of the snow and, for a split moment, you caught Malfoy's eye as he stared at you for a second or so and, upon processing that it was you, he turned away quickly, his cheeks becoming more red than they previously were from the cold. You, indeed, were no better. Your cheeks flushed red, and you quickly turned back around to Hermione and Ginny. Ginny, at this, was watching you intently. She pitied you, even.