Feud

"Hey, cutie," Cedric said with a smile, kissing your lips in the hallway as the two of you approached each other just before your lesson.

"Hey, handso-" You paused, "no, I'm not that cringe. You're hot, but I'm not saying it."

Cedric smiled and stretched his thumb onto your lip, gently brushing it and pulling at it as he examined your bottom lip. Finally, he smiled once more and lowered himself to your lips, kissing you again, which you gladly reciprocated, completely infatuated with your new boy and unable to indeed get enough of him.

"What lesson have you got?" You asked him.

"I've got Divination. What about you?"

"Aw, that's in the opposite direction. I've got Potions."

"With your best friend Malfoy?" Cedric smiled.

"Of course. Woo. Can't wait to sit with him! How exciting!" You groaned, pressing your head against Cedric's chest in a frustrated manner, at which he laughed gently and brushed the back of your head.

"You'll get through fine. I'll see you at dinner, I hope? You're always sitting with the Gryffindors. How about try the Hufflepuffs for once?"

"Without a second thought," you said smiling as you tip-toed to reach his lips, planting a very soft kiss upon them before setting off to your Potions lesson. Malfoy ended up overtaking you with his longer legs, and you found it interesting that he had been behind you just now throughout that; had he seen that? You'd hoped he did. He deserved to see how happy you were with Cedric and that his pathetic threats did not bother you. Although, that was not true entirely, for they did bother you, for you could not bare the thought of your friends finding out about the chamber; not only would they be mad at you for going with Malfoy instead of them, but also the fact that you hadn't told them. It was something to really be avoided, and so it was up to you to find who spread the news.

Your potions class was with Ravenclaws, and you sat with Luna on the table to the left of Malfoy's, meaning the two of you had direct access to each other. He took advantage of this.

"Hey, Potter," he laughed, whispering to you half-way through the lesson.

"What do you want?" You groaned.

"I bet five galleons that Diggory would get bored of you by the end of the month. What're you betting?"

"Just admit you can't get over the fact that I'm with a guy and you wish it were you," you sneered back, at which he widened his eyes in a manner of disbelief at your bravery for saying such a thing. Both he and his friend began laughing, and he turned to you yet again.

"You wish, Potter. Don't get too attached. It won't take long before he realises what dating [F/n] Potter means."

"And how would you know what dating [F/n] Potter means?" You asked.

"I know how shitty being around [F/n] Potter is, can't imagine how tough it must be dating her."

"Yet you love talking about it, don't you?"

"Dating you? You're losing your sense of reality, Potter," he laughed.

"Potter. Malfoy." Snape snapped.

"He started it," you quickly said.

"And I'm finishing it."

"I think you should kick him out, if I'm honest."

"I think you should stop telling me how to do my job, Potter."

"Not doing that at all. I just think it'd be a good experience for him to get out for once."

"Look who's talking!" Malfoy laughed. "Says the one who's delusional."

"I wouldn't say delusional."

"Oh, look! Delusions again!"

"Both of you," Snape raised his voice, "get out. See me at six in my office."

You and Malfoy turned to each other with lowered eyes, recognising this punishment well, as you sighed and both stood up, exiting the room.

"Found who spread it yet?" He smirked, leaving, knowing very well that you had not and only bathed in the pleasure of torturing you and threatening you - holding something over your head as you pranced to avoid it dropping on you and ultimately ruining you. He finally felt power - power of you; something he'd never felt before with you being considered the greatest, the prettiest, the smartest, the most charismatic, and with your ability to fight or talk back; he was always the inferior one. But this time - this time you were the one relying on him like in the chamber, and it felt better than ever. For him, at least.

"No. And I'm not going to."

He furrowed his brows.

"Do you want your friends to find out, then?" He scoffed.

"No."

"Then I suggest you find out."

"My friends won't find out, because if they do, Malfoy, I promise you; what you will suffer will be far greater." The tone in which you said this was rather ambiguous, for the threat was certainly there, but there was an underlying tone of temptation; the way in which you spoke your words were articulated so perfectly - the pronunciation of every letter within every word, carefully using your tongue and teeth to form them as your eyes remained half-lidded towards Malfoy, your lips gently opened and faintly smirking.

"Oh, Potter," he muttered, a smirk growing upon his, "I'd like to see you try."

"You know damn well I'll succeed."

"You know damn well I'll take it with ease," he said, at which you smirked even more.

"Of course. That's all you know to do: shut up and take it, after all."

"Wait - that's not what I meant."

"You've said it now, Malfoy," you said, flashing him an alluring smirk before turning away and leaving the hallway. Snape had sent you out; there was nothing for you to do but roam now. Perhaps go to see Cedric's class and await for him to come out. Yes, indeed, you did that! But there it was: the repetition of his smirk. The "Oh, Potter", the furrowed brows, the scoff; there was something so...tantalising, perhaps, about it. Disgustingly tantalising, if anything. The mere thought of admitting these subconscious processes to yourself made you feel sick, and you wiped your face from the thought and expression and quickly sighed, sitting on one of the window ledges in one of the Hogwarts hallways, breathing heavily and removing all prior feelings - physical and emotional.