Use Your Fists

The Department of Mysteries was soon successfully found. Scarcely tiptoeing through the area, you attempted to recall vividly where you saw Sirius. The prophet balls. It was, if you remembered correctly, a room which bore the name the Hall of Prophecy. It was where Sirius stood, in the middle of the huge shelves filled with prophecy balls. Thus, leading your friends, you all quickly headed to where you dragged them. You were no expert in the Ministry yourself, thus it took some thinking, analysing, evaluating the structure of the building and where each room was bound to be found. It was the most brain power you'd used in the past five years and all your braincells were at work. Finally, when it was found, you all headed inside, wands in hand, wary and quiet.

"Was it in here?" Harry asked, whispering.

"Yes ... yes it was exactly in here," you whispered back, looking around the large hall.

The hall was high as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small, dusty, glass orbs. They glimmered dully in the light issuing from more candle brackets set at intervals along the shelves. Like those in the circular room behind them, their flames were burning blue.

The room proved shivery, almost like the desolate silence in it produced the freezing atmosphere. It was a good thing you were wearing a jacket.

Slowly and quietly, you and your friends made your way through the halls, examining its contents carefully. There was something oddly isolating about the balls and the way in which they sat upon the shelves; names and titles upon all of them, giving them identities, and giving off the impression that they kept their non-existent eyes on you, staring at you in a judging manner. Nevertheless, you all continued walking quietly when, above the silence, Luna's voice rose.

"Hey," she said from behind, "[F/n] Potter, and Harry Potter."

"Huh?" You and Harry asked in unison at the mention of your names, turning around to look at the dreamy girl as she kept her eyes plastered on the crystal balls.

"Your names," she pointed to the crystal balls.

You and Harry turned to each other, flashing each other a nervous look, before slowly walking back to where Luna stood, as you caught sight of two crystal balls. Right next to each other they were, both with plaques which said yours and Harry's names individually.

"Those look like prophecies about you," Hermione said, also looking at them.

"Should we take them?" You asked, turning to Hermione.

"Maybe. Better us than Voldemort getting a hold of it."

"You're right," Harry immediately agreed, outstretching his arm and reaching for it. As he took it off its place, he examined it closely as it lied in his hand. Slowly, you did the same and reached for yours before holding it tightly and inspecting its crystal beauty closely.

"But where is Sirius?" Ginny asked, looking around, as the seven of you stood in the middle of a crossing of four hallways. You inspected all four hallways, giving you a somewhat easier sight into the rest of the hall with the crystal balls, yet there was absolutely no sign of life anywhere.

And yet, the silence quickly faded as the sound of footsteps began approaching from the darkness within the hall. Immediately, all of you turned in an instance, holding up your wands with the lights on the ends, flashing them forward to get a clearer look of whoever, or whatever, was approaching. And thus, from the darkness emerged a mask you recognised very well. Back from the cemetery - the mask which alluded to the presence of Voldemort's followers. A Death Eater in his own form.

"Where's Sirius?" Was all you could force yourself to call out, holding up your wand defensively as the man in the mask approached you in the hallway, carefully walking.