True and Vivid

Upon arriving to Cedric, he questioned the blazer, but you merely informed him that it was Harry's, and that he'd left it with you when you were cold. You felt horrid for this lie, but you brushed off the uneasiness quickly when your mind became filled with images of Draco. A wicked thing it was, to sit with your boyfriend and his friends, all of them filled with laughter, as you melted into the sofa and recalled every moment with another boy. The way in which you encountered Draco in Diagon Alley when you were fitting your robe, or the rude manner in which he regarded you in the queue for the Sorting Hat, or him pushing you off your broom – all those instances. Then the Chamber of Secrets, then the third year, in which Draco turned hot. Or that moment in which you kicked the football at Malfoy, and he fell of the tree. Yes – funny times. Or perhaps even the part where the two of you smelled each from the Amortentia potion. Or, even, stargazing with him upon which your chest began to pound of pain. It was interesting to look back, and compare how much the two of you had progressed. The truth was, you still faintly detested Malfoy for who he was and his rude character, as well as his ill manners, and your underlying attraction to him was not going to stop you from calling him out when he was being a disgusting boy.

"[F/n], are you alright?" Cedric asked, scratching your legs as you rested them on him, on the Hufflepuff sofa.

"Yeah, I'm good," you said confidently with a smile. It was true – you were good. In fact, you were more than good. The way in which you rested your head upon Malfoy's chest kept returning, and it made you feel infinitely at peace.

That night, you fell asleep happily. And, you had a better dream than you'd expected. In it, you lived in the Dursleys' house back at home, only they didn't live in it. Who did live in it was you. You and Draco. The relationship between the two of you was established in the dream: you'd been married for two years.

"Good morning," he said, descending the stairs and walking into the kitchen in which you were, as he placed a kiss on your cheek.

"Good morning."

"You made breakfast!"

"Of course. And here's your coffee."

"When I'm back from work, shall we do something?"
And with this, the dream shifted: you were no longer in the house, but you were now in a large hall. It seemed like a ... court? You looked around, and you didn't recognise many faces, as people sat around like an audience, with one main altar in which sat the 'judge'. On the opposite side of the audience, you managed to recognise the face of a familiar: Professor Dumbledore, and a couple steps under him, Barty Crouch. But you did not recognise this place, anyhow, yet you sat patiently and listened.

"The Ministry of Magic would -"

That's what it was! The Ministry of Magic, indeed!

"Like to see him!"

You sat for a moment longer, looking around, awaiting to find out who him was. And finally, a deadly cage was brought in – human size – and inside it was none other than Professor Snape, chained in.

"Snape?" You whispered to yourself.

"Severus Snape! Do you admit to the accusations?"
Snape did not respond, but scoffed and looked away. Taking it upon yourself, you leaned over to the side to the person next to you, and thus asked: "What are the accusations?"
"Why, they've just said them! He's a Death Eater, of course!"

Your eyes shot towards Snape in horror, staring at him in a manner of disbelief. Snape – a Death Eater! Surely, not! And, suddenly, Snape turned to the side, and thus met your eyes through the crowd, and stared at you.

At this, you jolted awake, and sat up, looking around confused. You found yourself sweating profusely, and your heart was racing.

"[F/n]?" Cedric's tired voice asked from beside you. "Are you awake?"

You could not find the strength to answer, but you continued to breathe heavily, which inspired Cedric to lift himself and sit up beside you.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes. I just had a nightmare."
"Come on, lie down, just a nightmare," he took a hold of your body and gently lowered you as he cuddled you, pressing you against his chest. "What was it about?"
"Snape," you whispered.

"And what happened?"
"I was in the Ministry of Magic. And Snape was accused of being a Death Eater."

"Hm," Cedric hummed, half asleep, "well it's just a dream. You can go to sleep now."

Cedric drifted off quickly enough, but that was not the case for you. You were left pondering over the dream. The second part; it felt so vivid. But, upon every circumstance, you wholly refused to believe that Snape would be capable of such absurdity. And yet, you remembered the very time Snape knew that Voldemort was coming back. Surely, however, there was no link to that. It was just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream. And yet, you too had a dream which proved to be oddly linked with reality, when you and Draco shared a dream. And Harry! Harry had had prophetic dreams before! Yet, the chance of that happening to you - it was small! Small indeed! You were not to worry, not to overthink.

Of course, for the rest of the night, you struggled to sleep. Only when the birds began to whistle did you finally feel yourself fall asleep, and, when you awoke, you discovered the Hufflepuff dorm and common room to be completely empty. It was very bright outside, meaning day had come, and you'd slept in. You were glad that Cedric hadn't awoken you, since you fell asleep so late. Standing up, you approached the window, and found a fresh pile of snow, meaning your joy sprung up, yet again.