Draco Dream

After some more time of conversing back and forth, the door into the infirmary opened once more and through it walked none other than Severus Snape, heading straight for your bed.

"Potter," he said, facing you.

"Which one?" Harry asked sarcastically, despite the obvious answer.

"Younger Potter."

"Y'right, sir," you said with a humorous grin.

"A talk, outside, now."

"Anythin' for ya, sir!" You grinned, hopping off the bed and following Snape outside, not quite knowing what to expect of the conversation. When outside, he closed the doors to the infirmary and moved slightly away from them before asking in a low voice.

"Is it true that Mr Malfoy brought you in?"

"Yes."

"I hear rumours that you passed out in the common room."

"Exactly right."

"Only issue with that is, I was in the common room sorting papers there."

"It was late."

"I was there till two, I got told you were brought in at one."

You pursed your lips, being caught out of your lie.

"Well?"

"I was outside."

"And Mr Malfoy?"

"He came outside too and we lied down outside in the courtyard together."

"I see," Snape said, sighing. "I was not in the common room. I merely knew you were lying."

"What the fuck?"

"That'll teach you not to lie to me," he said, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Why are you smiling? It's weird. Stop."

"Are you feeling better, Potter?"

"Yes, a lot."

"Then, come with me."

"Now? I'm in my pyjamas and slippers."

"Hogwarts is your home, is it not?" He asked sardonically, though the humour was yet so bland and atypical, but comforting. You shook your head gently and followed him as he led you through the hallways of Hogwarts.

"Do you think I could take Voldemort on?" You asked, standing on one of the staircases as you waited for it to shift correctly to the next staircase. Snape, on a lower step, turned around to face you and looked up at you.

"I think you definitely could." He said with a faint smile. He was in an unusually good mood, you could tell, but you didn't question it. It was good to see Snape be positive, rather than a moody cunt. It certainly was good to be reunited with him after not talking very much before the summer and throughout the summer, but this was nice. "Now, [F/n], a Hufflepuff, I see."

"Who would've thought, right?"

"I thought you and Mr Malfoy had a thing going there, if I'm honest," Snape said with a strong hint of humour as the two of you walked through towards his office.

"You wouldn't be the only one. You're all weird for thinking so."

"Are we, Potter?"

"Yes."

"Mr Malfoy came to me just earlier today," Snape looked at you suggestively.

"And?"

"Unusual of him, he ranted to me."