Snape's Floo Powder

You had successfully contacted the Black house when Hermione successfully lured Umbridge out. The person who answered your request was none other than Kreacher himself who, to your dismay, informed you of Sirius' absence. This could have only meant one thing. One thing only. The vision ... it was real. It was true. Voldemort had Sirius. At the time scheduled, you made your way to the front of Hogwarts at the main doors, and discovered Harry, Luna, Neville and Ginny already waiting there for you. Harry was the most panicked of all, pacing back and forth and asking for the whereabouts of Hermione and Ron.

"Ron went with Hermione," Ginny said, "they both got Umbridge out."

"Well, where the hell are they!?" Harry called out, tapping his foot impatiently. "If something happens to Sirius, I won't forgive myself."

"It's alright, Harry," you huffed out, attempting to calm him down. "He'll be alright. We'll save him. Mr Weasley was saved, and so will Sirius."

At this, both Hermione and Ron jogged over from the forbidden forest, from which they came back alone with no Umbridge. When questioned about it, they book shook their heads and said an explanation will be provided later. All was explained in terms of your conversation with Kreacher and Sirius' absence, and you all finally decided that, indeed, it was time to set off.

"Wait," Harry quickly stopped everyone, "where do we go? To the Ministry? Or what?"

"Well, I'd assume so." You said.

"How will we get there? By the time we get there by flying ... it'd be too late," Hermione said, pursing her lips, stress overwhelming her face. "Unless ... "

"Unless?" All of you turned to her in unison.

"No - it's a ridiculous idea!"

"Hermione," you said, exhaling, "no idea is a ridiculous idea right now."

"I was thinking ... the teachers' fireplaces are connected to the Floo network, right? We could ask Professor Snape if he'd let us use his fireplace to maybe just use Floo powder to get there. It'd be much quicker. But I doubt he'll agree."

"Doubt he'll agree?" You cried out. "He sure as hell will! And if he doesn't, then that's sad for him, because we'll do it anyway."

Immediately, your entire group rushed off as fast as possible to Snape's office where you internally begged to find him. The place that you saw Sirius get tortured in was the exact same place that you witnessed Mr Weasley get killed in. You were determined to save Sirius; there was no way around it. Finally, upon reaching Snape's office, all your friends stood before the door in fear of the teacher. You, on the other hand, slammed your hand against the door knob and threw it down, barging in through the door with your utmost strength, completely swinging the door open and, accidentally, swinging it so far that it smashed into the wall.

"Whoops," you exclaimed, taking a look at the door. "I didn't mean to do that."

"Potter," Snape called out with a lowered voice. "What do you want?"

"Snape!" You exclaimed in a hyper-active tone. He could not help himself from glaring at you, across the room, as he put his pen down, exasperated, and waited for you to continue. "We need your help."

Warily, all the other students - your friends - entered behind. They waited for you to do the talking, for it somehow came much easier to you. Especially in the situation of Snape.

"My help?"

"Yes. Sirius is in danger."

"Sirius?" Snape looked at you more carefully now, intrigued and listening. "Do you mean to tell me ... you've had a vision?"

"Yes. The same one as with Mr Weasley. Snape, I beg, let us use the Floo powder to get to the Ministry. That's where I saw him."

"[F/n], that's - "

"Snape," you cut him off, "please."

He pursed his lips, looking at you worriedly. With a sigh and after a moment of thought, he finally nodded and stood up from his desk, crossing over the room to reach you and your friends.

"All of you?"

"All of us." Harry said.

Snape clicked his tongue and continued, "I will go to Grimmauld Place to inform the others, then. The Floo powder is in the cupboard above the fireplace. Be careful."

You flashed Snape the most comforting smile you could force through, gently inhaling and giving him a nod, informing him that you were ready. He also flashed you a nod back before exiting his office, presumably to prepare for Grimmauld place. And thus, you and your friends closed the door to his office as you all shuffled inside. You dominated the situation, immediately crossing over to the cupboard, from which you pulled out the Floo powder in a small pot, lifting it up to your friends with a victorious grin.

"Everyone got their wands?" You asked.

Everyone checked if they did, then nodded.

"Harry and I will go first."

Harry agreed to it immediately, and Hermione immediately after volunteered to go straight after. All was settled. Nerves were eating you up - the thought of your godfather leaving you, in such a way, it made your heart tear. You would not allow it. You would do everything in your power to save him. You knew that Harry, though he stayed quiet for the majority of the session, was just as nervous as you, except he was less expressive of his emotions. And so, you pulled some Floo powder out onto your palm, gripped it tightly, stood in the very fireplace before yelling your destination, which was indeed the Ministry, and slamming the powder onto the ground.

In a poof, you were gone.

With a cough, you stepped out of one of the Ministry fireplaces. The process was indeed much quicker, thanks to Snape, and ensured Sirius' safety much faster. Seconds after, Harry appeared, also coughing.

The two of you looked around the huge Ministry, reminiscing the last time you were here. Except, back when you last came here, the place was filled with wizards in suits, capes, with briefcases, wands. Now, the place was entirely desolate and empty of life. Not a single soul wandered the halls, except for you and Harry, and now Hermione, who also dashed out of one of the fireplaces.

"Why is it so empty?" Harry asked, turning to you, filled with nerves.

"I don't know, but it can't be good."

Soon enough followed Ron, then Neville, then Luna, and finally Ginny. When everyone was in place, you all pulled out your wands, turning left and right, all extremely cautious and wary of your surroundings due to the arising danger which you could physically sense in your veins. Your own heart was pulsating in a manner you'd scarcely felt before. And, so suddenly, as you all creeped through the Ministry Atrium, both you and Harry suddenly slammed your palms onto your scars as an electrifying, pulsating pain rose through.

"Argh, fuck," you groaned out, gripping your chest.

"He's close ... don't let it distract you, [F/n]," Harry said to you, inhaling and exhaling deeply, attempting to regain control over himself.

"Where do we go?" Ginny asked.

"The ... Department of Mysteries," you said, recalling the room. "That's what it's called, I believe. That's where Sirius was. We must find it."