Inspirational Speech

Pacing away from Draco, he quickly walked behind, walking as fast as possible to keep up with your quick walk.

"Just tell me what happened, [F/n]."

"Fuck off," you said explicitly, furrowing your brows and turning away from him, refusing to acknowledge what Umbridge did to you and saying it to Draco. Really, you weren't even mad, but you knew Draco would beat himself up over getting you caught and this happening to you, and you did not want him to. Whilst yes, you weren't necessarily happy, you did not blame Draco for the occurrence with Umbridge, but he would blame himself, and thus you avoided it at all costs and sped up your walk.

"You can't avoid telling me."

"Watch me."

"Is it my fault?" He asked. "That she did that to you?"

"No, Draco, it's not," you quickly said, wishing to divert his mind from self-blame.

"If you hadn't gotten caught then she wouldn't have done that."

"We would have gotten caught sooner or later," you quickly said, slowing down your pace.

"No. I shouldn't have done that ... now your arms are all cut up and bleeding because of me. Merlin, why can't I ever do anything right?" He whispered out in an apologetic huff, watching the way your arms swung by your sides as you walked, all bandaged up.

"Draco," you stopped walking and turned to him, "it's not your fault. Understood? Even if we'd gotten caught, it was my refusal to comply with her that made her do this. It was me calling her a pink bitch."

"You wouldn't have had to done any of those things if I hadn't gotten you caught."

"Yeah well ... it is what it is. It's done now. Stop blaming yourself." You continued walking, and he thus followed.

"What were you even doing?"

"That's ... " You paused, doubting whether you should tell him or not. "I've wanted to tell you. But it's not exactly my secret."

"Well, you can trust me. We've spent almost everyday of this year together ... we've slept together ... done so many things together. You can tell me."

"Yes ... perhaps I can," you whispered, recalling Sirius' words.

"Oh, no, no, [F/n]. They're slick and sly. They know exactly how to play the part; how to fit in, just to get information for their parents and feed it back to the Dark Lord. Be careful."

But ... surely ... Draco was a good guy. Surely Draco did not work with Lucius, his father, in such an evil manner. Draco's ability to explicitly express his care for you and his soft-side could have only meant that he really was a good boy who simply struggled with showing his feelings in general. Yes - him and Lucius were and always will be different, you believed. Draco's a good boy. Draco has a heart. Draco is not Lucius. Draco is Draco.

"It's the Order of the Phoenix."

"And what's that?"

"An army, basically, against Voldemort. Only Umbridge's inability to sufficiently teach us Defence Against Dark Arts, we've all teamed up and formed a smaller army of students in which Harry and I have been learning from teachers and textbooks and secretly practicing, and then teaching the others."

Draco nodded, but did not reply, attempting to process the information.

"The spells we teach them ... they're pretty extreme. In fact, some of them are so extreme that Harry and I have simply practiced on each other. We've learned many non-verbal spells, and some of them can be extremely powerful. We've taught ourselves defence and throwing attack spells away, which has been a tough process but extremely helpful. Then there's also things like the Patronus charm."