Boyfriend Who

"[F/n]? Not in lesson?" Professor Lupin asked, passing you in the hallway.

"Kicked out."

"You seem stressed," he said with a gentle smile, "come, let's go to my office."

You did exactly that. It was a place of comfort, his office, for it reminded you of Sirius, and you waited patiently for his safe return after he'd finished his hiding. Professor Lupin informed you a while ago that Sirius would certainly be back by the summer and that he'd come and visit you without a doubt, and you waited for that gladly. It was saddening to think that it'd take so long, but it was something that motivated you to finish the year amongst the hardships of teenage-hood.

"What's been bothering you?" Lupin asked, sitting opposite you at the desk. You lifted a little model of a dog-like figurine off his desk and proceeded to look at it before holding it down in your lap, playing with it, as you spoke.

"Just people."

"Such as?"

"No, it's nothing."

"Come on, [F/n]."

"Well, you know I have a boyfriend?"

"I did not know that. Is it the boy you're always with? Tall? Fifth year?"

"Yes, him. He's very sweet. I like him a lot, and I want to be around him all the time."

"Then what's your issue?"

"Just," you sighed, sitting back in your seat and pausing for a brief moment, "it's Malfoy."

"Oh no, is he pestering you again?"

"Yes, but that's not my issue."

"Then?"

"It's the way he's doing it."

"Expand on that?"

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"I don't feel comfortable talking to my dad's best mate about this."

"Oh?" Lupin paused, thinking over it. "Oh."

"Yeah," you put the dog figurine back on the desk and then sat back, slouched in the chair with your legs out-stretched before you. "Exactly."

"[F/n], if he is doing things that are making you uncomfortable-"

"No - that's my issue."

"I don't understand, again."

"They're not making me uncomfortable. That's my issue."

"Oh," he paused again. "Oh." He cleared his throat, then attempted to hide a humorous smile.

"What's so funny?"

"You're a teenager, [F/n]. What you're feeling is very normal and fine, as long as you're reasonable about it. Of course don't let him pester you, that's not fine, but I think you're worried about the wrong thing here."

"Not at all. I'm worried about the right thing."

"If you say so," he shook his head gently, "but give yourself time, will you?"

"For?"

"Exploring things."

"Alright, dearest uncle."

"I can get by that," he smiled widely, as you did too.

"Do me a favour; don't tell anyone, will you?"

"[F/n], I kind of don't want to think of this conversation ever again." He laughed. "I'm joking, of course I won't, as long as you promise to be reasonable about it."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. I hate Malfoy, trust."

"What's he pestering you about?"

"Uh," you paused, "well, he and I entered the Chamber of Secrets before you joined. In fact, it was me who killed the basilisk, not to brag. But, well, at one point, he saved me, and I just think it's really embarrassing. And my friends will get really mad at me if they find out I went with him and that I kept it a secret all this time. Someone, however, found out and told his friends, and he's threatening to tell my friends about it all if I don't find out who spread it."

"Threatening is not allowed, you know? You should report it."

"I've got it handled."

"I don't want to know how."

"I wouldn't tell you even if you asked," you said with a mischievous grin, and Lupin only shook his head with a faint smile.

Later that day, you were sitting in the courtyard by yourself, reading on the grass, when you suddenly felt yourself get whipped into the ground, feeling a strong force push you into the ground harshly, causing you to groan in pain.

"Draco this - Draco that!" You heard Pansy's voice screech out in anger. Looking up at her from the grass, ultimately confused, you found the furious expression upon her face.

"What?" You groaned out, attempting to lift yourself up.

"Of course it'd be you!" She screeched again, swinging her arm again and hitting the back of your head, sending you back down into the grass. "The whole hating thing is just an act, isn't it? You want him so badly, I know it."

"What the fuck?" You groaned, lifting yourself up as fast as possible and, noticing another swinging and predicting it, using all your speed to dodge it by moving your upper body back before, instinctively, lifting your leg and kicking Pansy's shin, causing her to scream in pain and fall backwards. "What the fuck are you saying, you psycho?"

"I know all about the Chamber. You and him. I bet you think he's all yours now."

"What?" You wiped your face, feeling something pouring out of your nose and discovering for it to be blood gushing out of your nose. It explained the exceptional headache and nose pain. Before you could process what was happening, Cedric had made his way over as quickly as possible and lifted you up, standing before you in a protective manner from Pansy.

"Don't touch her ever again." Cedric said, taking a hold of your arm and dragging you away to prevent you from lashing out further.

"Then tell her to stay away from my fucking boyfriend!" Pansy shouted out quickly in another screech, causing you to look back one final time at her upon the word boyfriend. You lifted your eyebrows in disbelief, struggling to process what she had said. Surely, she was not referring to Malfoy. Like - him and a girlfriend? No, that was a bizarre thought and certainly an impossible one.