Pancakes

After your session in the bathroom in which you cleaned yourself up and dressed, you used Draco's comb to brush your hair. When he noticed you leave the bathroom, he smiled proudly to know that you were his, and he was yours, in body and soul. Thus, he crossed over to the bathroom door, for he was in possession of his own bathroom attached to his room, and he thus wrapped his arms around you, pressing you tightly against himself, kissing your temple.

Smiling, you also cuddled him, grinning from ear to ear at the feeling of victory.

"I love you," you began in a whisper, "most ardently."

"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever."

Your eyes widened at these words. Good God! Could it be? You clung onto Draco's arms longingly, staring at him in awe, your heart pounding irresistibly. You tightened the grip around his shirt on his arms, your eyes gazing at him, shocked at the words he'd just said. He, pleased with himself, bore a proud smile, which only rose upon your amazed reaction.

"You read Pride and Prejudice?" You gleamed, staring at him in admiration.

"I did," he nodded. "But that's not all."

"Not all!?" You burned with enthusiasm, staring at him with a long and inquisitive grin, waiting for him to continue.

"They are Man's and they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance and this girl is Want. Beware them both."

Immediately, you threw yourself into Draco's arms. He, laughing, took you up in them and hugged you tightly as you wrapped your legs and arms around him, clinging to him like a dear child. The two of you proceeded with your youthful laughter, wrapped in each other's arms.

"You have memorised quotes from both A Christmas Carol and Pride and Prejudice! Just when I thought I could not love you more!"

"Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! I have as much soul as you, and full as much heart," he proceeded in a whisper.

"Goodness, Mr Malfoy!" You called out, staring at him, still in his arms. "I did not know you could remember a quote from Jane Eyre in that stupid little brain of yours."

"I fell in love with you. I am very stupid."

"But, where did you get Jane Eyre from?" You asked, a large smile upon your lips.

"Oh, Miss Potter, did you not hear that at the Malfoy Manor, we have a large library with many, many books?"

Your eyes widened, gleaming with excitement. Draco also could not hold back his smile as he placed you back onto your feet, looking at you lovingly.

"I will take you there, after we have gone downstairs."

"Do I look presentable?"

"I don't think that's an issue after what my mother walked in on," he grinned sheepishly.

Thus, the two of you held each other's hands, exiting the bedroom and descending the stairs together. As you did, Draco remained at a step lower, holding up his arm so that it appeared as though he was slowly leading you down the stairs like a princess. With a smile, the two of you looked at each other, walking down together with great smiles and gleaming eyes of wondrous love.

"You look beautiful, as ever, Miss Potter," he said with a large smile, looking up at you behind himself.

"And you as handsome as ever, Mr Malfoy!"