Poker Night

Hermione did not allow either you or Harry to leave the Gryffindor common room that night. She ensured you were taken extreme care of; soup was brought, you and Harry were to remain under blankets before the fireplace, and everything was handed to you on a plate. Even Ron began to complain at the royal treatment and his constant orders to run and get this or that. You did not complain so much, especially when you saw dusk arrive, and through the window you gently saw the faint petals of snow falling from the sky, inspiring a feeling of warmth and gratitude within you. There was a lot to appreciate in a moment like this. To be under a cuddly blanket. To drink warm tea. To sit beside your loving brother and two best friends. To see snow falling. What else could one ask for?

"And no training for the rest of the week, as I said."

"But I was supposed to test Harry's spell cast offs."

"Then you can do it next week."

"Voldemort won't wait till next week," Harry added.

"Well Voldemort's not here currently, so I make the rules," she huffed. "Hey, Ginny's here."

"She is," Ginny grinned, approaching the sofas and sitting herself down beside you, cuddling up under your blanket as she put it over her legs and joined the situation. "What you guys doing?"

"Enforced rest," Ron said.

"Good! Finally you're getting some rest. [F/n]'s been very stressed recently."

"I haven't," you lied.

"With your muggle work, school work, all these Defence Against Dark Arts sessions ... and just other stuff. Rest and relax, will you?"

"I can't seem to understand the idea of relaxation," you laughed. "Some things just ... always linger on my mind."

What you were referring to, which Ginny understood, was Draco. He was still on your mind, and whilst most thoughts of him were pleasant, some were not. The thoughts always lingered: he could change his mind any second. There is nothing that binds you to him. And plus, he was around Pansy a lot more than he was around you. Whilst no loyalty was sworn and thus the two of you were free birds, you could not help but feel uneasy at the thought of Draco treating someone else the very same way he treated you. Even worse - treating Pansy the way he treated you. And if he did, there was absolutely nothing you could do about it; with no right, no excuse, no justification to feel jealousy or bitterness at this, for no loyalty was ever established.

"Chess!" Harry called out. "Could someone bring chess?"

"Chess? What for?" Ron asked.

"I'm challenging [F/n] to chess. Ever since we were little, we would always have chess challenges."

"Who wins?" Hermione asks.

"Usually me," you said, "but I have my slip ups."

Chess was brought soon enough, and the rest of the night was spent in the Gryffindor common room, resting, laughing, playing chess, and, most of all, drinking tea. Perhaps resting was not so bad, after all. Anyhow, when time was up, you were forced to retreat back to the Slytherin common room. You were already on your way when, suddenly, Ginny came running up behind you.

"I hear no training for the rest of the week, huh?" She laughed.

"Unfortunately," you sighed. "Where are you going?"

"I just wanted to ask if you're going to sleep already."

"No, not just yet. Why?"

"Are you planning to sleep with Malfoy?"