It's Too Good

Breakfast the next morning felt painful. You sat at the Slytherin table, feeling uncomfortable and weary. You were stuck in your own thoughts of sadness and misery when, over your own thoughts, you heard Pansy's cry and the soothing of her friends around her. The most you could do was briefly look up from your food to her, and find her friends sitting around her, comforting her, patting her back, and whispering supportive things, as she refused to eat and cried. And, when in search of Draco, you found the table empty of him and Blaise. They had not come to breakfast. Had Draco been there, he would have sat with his girlfriend and supported her too. The only reason he was not, was because he had missed breakfast.

First lesson. Potions. Draco continued to watch you, but you refused to look at him at all costs. Sometimes, you felt his eyes on you, sometimes you felt more uncomfortable than you should.

Second lesson. History of Magic. You enjoyed this; you enjoyed history. You refused to think or look at Draco. Though he also enjoyed it, he continued to look up from his work occasionally to check if you were still writing.

Third lesson. Transfiguration. Blaise and Draco whispered a lot, but you could not hear what they were talking about. You told yourself you did not care, but you could not help looking over and wondering. Whenever Draco looked over and your eyes met his, you trailed them away as quickly as possible and did not look back.

Fourth lesson. Care of Magical Creatures. Fun lesson, you got to be outside. And with Gryffindors. You and Harry spent the entire lesson together gossiping about random things as Hermione was busy with Ron. Draco spent it with Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise, but Pansy remained far from him with her friends. You pretended to not see this peculiarity.

Fifth lesson. Charms. Boring lesson of this today. You rested your head on the desk and were picked on. Embarrassing. And Draco found it amusing too as he watched you with a smirk. Sometimes, it seemed like he was trying to get your attention from across the room, as if he wanted to tell you something, but he never got around to it. You refused to look twice, too, which was perhaps part of the reason why he never got around to it.

Sixth lesson. Defence Against Dark Arts. Worst lesson. You almost got kicked out, again. It was only thanks to Hermione shutting you up that you did not get into unnecessary trouble. You just wanted the lesson to be over so that you weren't directly in Malfoy's field anymore.

Dinner came, dinner went. Nothing peculiar. At one point, you turned to Dumbledore and, across the hall, he flashed you a wink. For what reason? You did not know. You did not bother to think too deep into it. Instead, you ate in peace. And, after dinner, you went for a walk around the castle, alone. Standing on the wooden bridge, you looked out into the distance and began to think of Christmas. It was approaching, and you were excited for it. Hopefully, Voldemort would not do anything during Christmas time.

"You alright, [F/n]?" Luna hummed out, approaching you, with her blue scarf around her neck.

"Oh, Luna. Yeah, I'm good. I heard you're in for the Order?"

"Yes. I'd be more than glad to help," she said in her dreamy voice. "How are you?"

"Stressed, if I'm honest. School, Voldemort ... boys."

"Boys?" She smiled. "Don't bother."

"Agreed. Good advice," you smiled back, "I'll see you this weekend there then."

"Yes. Stay safe."

"You too." And with this, you set off and headed back for the Slytherin common room where you hoped to pick up your book to read to avoid the stresses and struggles of life currently. Only, when you walked in, you encountered chaos. Blaise and Draco stood on one end of the common room, holding in typical boy laughter, as one of Pansy's friends threw a book at Draco. He, panicking, ducked quickly, and turned to Blaise with a mocking laughter of the girl.

"You're fucking disgusting!" The girl cried out. "Get out of my sight!"

"It's my common room, too," Draco scoffed.

"I don't care!"

"Good for you," he rolled his eyes, turning to Blaise with a sigh. "Girls."

"I know right."

"What was that!?" The girl screamed out, throwing one of the sofa pillows at Draco.

"Stop throwing things! Fucking hell!"

"What the fuck did I just walk into?" You whispered, staring. This caught everyone's attention, and they all turned to you. The girl now groaned and shoved past you, barging your shoulder as she exited the common room. You were left staring at what had just happened and its after-effects, and you turned to Draco and Blaise, who were quietly laughing to each other now. Rolling your eyes, you walked to your dorm.

"Hey Potter," Draco called out. Instead of answering, you took your usual approach and, without even looking at him, stuck your middle finger up at him. He pursed his lips, offended, and turned back to Blaise.

That was that. That was the day. You questioned what the chaos was about for no longer than five minutes, and soon felt yourself daze off into the world of literature with worries less severe than your own. Only when the evening came, and you emerged into the world, alive and awake, did something worth mentioning happen. It was past midnight already and all students were in beds. This was when you came back from the outside into the Slytherin common room, ready for your usual routine of sitting and doing something mildly interesting as the world headed off to sleep. These were the best hours to read, or write, or study. And so, as you got your study equipment out, you chucked it out onto the table: your textbooks, notebooks, pencil case.

"Studying at this time, Potter?" Draco asked, entering the room. This was predictable, indeed. After all, what else would he be doing at this time?

"None of your business." You said, avoiding his eyes at all costs. This did not, however, prevent him from approaching you fully and, as he came up to you from behind, placing his hands around your waist from behind. It felt ... good. Yet, you remembered who you were. [F/n] Potter. You deserved better than just a side bitch. And so, you threw his hands off your waist and turned to him with furrowed brows. "I told you, Malfoy."

"Told me what?" He smirked.

"I don't want to pursue this ... in the circumstance it is in."

"It sounds like you're quoting something. But, yeah, I hear you."

"Then don't touch me."

"Why not?"

"I just told you. Are you dumb?"

"No." He shook his head, a smirk raising itself. "You said you don't want to pursue it because Pansy was my girlfriend. So ... you can pursue it now."

Your face faded of all colour for a moment as you stared at him, horrified at his words. Filled with disbelief, your breathing became more rapid and heavy, and your face became void of expression and emotion.

"You alive, Potter?" He nudged you, a smile on his lips.

"Repeat what you just said."

"You alive, Potter?"

"No. Before that."

"You can pursue it now."

"But," you paused, processing the situation.

"If you don't want to pursue any of this because I have a girlfriend, then I just won't have a girlfriend. It felt tiring anyway. And with you," he stepped closer, lifting his hand and taking a hold of your bottom lip and tugging on it gently. You could feel his ring against your chin. "With you, it's too good."