Announcement

You did not bother with something as ridiculous as knocking. You simply walked straight in, allowing Draco to follow behind. He could not tell whether he was frustrated at the idea of having to see your friends, especially your brother, or whether he was nervous that he was about to get punched. Realistically, both. Thus, as you crossed the hall and entered the main sitting room, you were sent backwards lightly from surprise as you caught sight of everyone standing with their wands out, pointing at you in preparation to fight. You raised your eyebrow at their manner and you quickly threw your arms up to suggest your innocence. Draco soon followed behind after he'd closed the door, and also was taken aback by this confrontational manner of all the Weasleys and some members of the Order.

"Oh," Harry sighed of relief, "it's just you."

"Who did you think I was?" You scoffed, taking a seat on one of the sofas as everyone took a seat too and lowered their wands.

"You never know these days," Mrs Weasley said, "but I'm glad to see you safe, [F/n]! When you ran into that burning building ... my life flashed before my eyes. You're so reckless, [F/n]! Your parents would not be happy to see you doing such ridiculous things."

"We were prepared to run after you, had Harry not stopped us," Lupin said, sipping on his mug.

"I told you I would be fine. I'm - "

"[F/n] Potter," everyone said in unison, causing you to sit back in the sofa with a grand smile.

"Hermione!" You smiled, noticing that she too had joined everyone as she sat in the corner. "When did you come?"

"I arrived today, actually," she smiled, lifting herself and crossing over to you. You also stood up and the two of you hugged each other as everyone watched. In the midst of hugging you, she proceeded to whisper into your ear, "is it definitely safe to bring him with you?"

You did not answer. But, as you parted, you flashed Hermione a knowing wink, which she simply sighed at and then crossed back to her seat.

"Where is Ginny?" You asked, looking around.

"Ginny!" Mrs Weasley called out through the door into the hallway.

Soon enough, Ginny came running down the stairs as she entered the sitting room. However, this was not the most interesting part. In fact, as she headed inside, a figure followed behind: Blaise Zabini himself! You and Draco stared at him and Ginny as they entered the sitting room. Ginny immediately ran over to you and threw herself at you, hugging you tightly, leaving Draco and Blaise to stare at each other with suspicious eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Blaise asked Draco.

"What? What the hell are you doing here?" Draco snapped immediately.

Blaise could not help but clear his throat and smile sheepishly, leaving it up to Ginny to explain matters. She, however, took a seat at the dining table at the end of the room, where also sat Ron and Harry, and thus Blaise sat down on one of the closer sofas beside Lupin. You remained standing with Draco at the front of the sitting room, almost as though you were ready to present news. All eyes remained on you, awaiting for you to speak. However, this staring at you caused you to clear your throat nervously, twisting your hands and looking back and forth from everyone watching you. Draco stood beside you, waiting for you to start. Everyone remained patient, noticing the flushed cheeks upon you and concluding that, whatever you were about to reveal to them, was not easy.

"Alright, here we go," you began, "I want you all to listen till I finish talking before you have any questions or anything, okay?"

"Spit it out, you dumb ass," Harry called out with a sigh from the far end of the room.

You, consequently, lifted up your middle finger up at him with a groan. He could not help but laugh mockingly as he noticed how frustrated he was capable of making you.

"You want to be an asshole?" You scoffed out at Harry with a sly grin, "well how about this!"

Draco gulped.

"I have a boyfriend, and it's the very boy you despise! Yes - I am dating Draco Malfoy!"

Everyone's eyes widened at this news, especially Ginny's and Blaise's as they sunk into their seats. Harry, on the other hand, upon hearing this was ready to charge off his chair and dash at Draco with a glare, but was quickly held back by Ron who held him down in his seat. Everyone's eyes flashed and forth from each other nervously and awkwardly, not quite knowing how to react. However, upon Ginny's, Blaise's and Hermione's rise from their seats as they crossed to the two of you with proud grins and began to congratulate you finally, everyone else consequently followed. Except Harry, that is.

Mrs Weasley even decided to go to the kitchen and grab biscuits which she set out on the table for everyone to have as a means of celebration that, after all, [F/n] Potter sealed her heart with the boy whom she'd been pining over for a year. Blaise could not help but even hug Draco and congratulate him for finally having the balls to do it, as Draco rolled his eyes with a ridiculous smile as he told Blaise to fuck off.

"Fucking finally!" Ginny beamed, embracing you tightly. "It only took you guys six years."

"Oh, please," you cried out in joy, hugging her back.

"Notice how before any of this even started, I knew that the two of you would end up together! Hoe, I knew! You should be congratulating me."

"Ginny," you cleared your throat and proceeded in a low and quiet tone away from everyone else, "this isn't the end."

"The end? What do you - "

"There's a lot more coming," you whispered, "and I fear that Draco and I may struggle to remain sane when it all does happen. I'm relying on you to keep me sane."

"Do you mean ... you'd get sick of each other?"

"The opposite," you whispered, "I'm worried someone else might get sick of us. There's some stuff ... that you don't know ... but when you find out, you'll realise what I mean."

And so, the evening was spent at Grimmauld Place with your family. There was something very different about the two families of Malfoy and Potter; Draco's large house proved solitary and solemn as it carried a vibe of despondence and agony. Yet, Draco could not help but feel at ease and at home as he sat around with the Weasleys, oddly. The people he would have once spat at, mocked them for their status - they had taken him in so easily and treated him to tea, biscuits, and their own kindness. Draco's eyes widened whenever he realised the drastic situation of his own and what you, [F/n] Potter, had done to him - opened his eyes to so many things. Birthed on a path with one direction of hopelessness, you opened up a new possible path of Draco of kindness and love when you brought him into your world, and so suddenly, he realised that this was where he wished to stay. As he sat, he listened to the laughter and stories of the Weasleys and your family, followed by the youthful laughter of all your friends. This was a wholly new concept to Blaise himself, as he sat beside Draco and could not help but smile widely as he felt himself be included in the positivity of Grimmauld Place.

Joining in was not at all easy for Harry, but when he pushed the thought of Draco and Blaise aside and ignored their existences, it was much easier for him to sit at the sofas and join in with the laughter and the stories. Topics even moved onto James and Lily Potter, and you and Harry listened intently with gleams in your eyes upon the greatness of your parents. Draco, too, could not help but listen in fascination at the two creatures which created this little devil, with which he fell in love with.