To Warm the Lonely Night

"Absolutely not!" You laughed, pushing his hand away from your mouth.

"Come on, eat it!" Draco laughed too, offering a spoon into your mouth. The spoon, however, was filled with oil which Draco had poured onto it for God knows what reason as the two of you stood in the Hogwarts kitchen one night when you both found yourselves hungry. It was early January, not long after New Years and the celebrations, and you and Draco had devoted the night to yourselves, picking at random foods you could find in the kitchen. Until Draco, of course, found a bottle of oil and decided to pour it onto the spoon to feed you with it.

"You're minging! Get it away from me!" You laughed, trying to force the spoon into his mouth.

"You know you want to!"

"I sure as hell do not!"

And so, he finally gave up and spilled the spoon into a nearby sink, laughing.

"Is there anything on these shelves even worth eating?" He asked, looking around the shelves.

"Bread."

"I don't want bread."

"Me."

He turned to you across the kitchen with a humorous grin, which slowly transformed into a smirk.

"I'd eat you." He said, suggestively.

"Eat the bread, Malfoy."

He grinned and turned back to the shelves, continuing his search. "I'm so hungry."

"Then eat the bread!"

"But I don't want the bread!" He cried out. "Should we cook some chicken?"

"Draco, goodness, it's two at night."

"And I'm hungry."

"The world doesn't revolve around you," you grinned, approaching him.

"Does it not? I thought it did," he hummed, taking a hold of your hand and gently spinning you around on the spot as his eyes still scanned the shelves. "Oh, [F/n], they have bacon. Let's make bacon. I like bacon."

"You're a child."

"For liking bacon? Suck it up. Light the fires." He thus picked out the packets of bacon and took it upon himself to sort them, as you lit one of the fires under the cauldrons, ready for Draco to put his bacon into it.

"Since you're making it, put in some extra for me."

"Nope. The world doesn't revolve around you."

He did, nevertheless, put in extra bacon for you. And whilst the two of you waited for the bacon to cook, you proceeded to hum Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes, which you slowly transformed into a quiet song as you began to sing the lyrics. For a moment, Draco looked at you confused at your odd choice of muggle music, but, as strong as his desire to critique it was, he could not resist from smiling at the sound of your singing voice and he decided to approach you, press himself against you, and then take a hold of your hands as he began to dance with you humorously. You tilted your head back in laughter, but you engaged wholly as you twisted yourself in a '60s' manner, which Draco learned to mimic and did alongside with you.

"So, what's this dance move then?" He asked, doing the twist.

"The Twist! Very popular in the muggle world during the 60s, which is when this song came out that I was just singing. There's also this," and thus you taught the boy The Freddie. He mimicked, slightly confused, and could not help himself from laughing as he did so.

"Muggles are so weird."

"Oh ... pretty woman - " you proceeded to sing, taking a hold of Draco's hand and spinning him as you took the lead in your dance. " - Walking down the street! Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet! Pretty woman ... I don't believe you ... you're not the truth!"

"I am a pretty woman," Draco approved, dancing with you and smiling.

Soon enough, in the midst of your dances, the bacon was ready. Though your dancing had taken you slightly off guard, causing the bacon to be slightly more burnt than you expected, but you did not mind. You thus sat on the stools at the tables in the kitchens and ate the bacon with bread, and you sipped on water.

"Healthy," Draco said whilst eating.

"We are, aren't we?"

"We should teach the rest of Hogwarts fitness."

"Fitness gurus."

"Gurus?"

"Muggle term for ... an influencer? I think? I'm not too sure, actually."

"Useless Potter," he said, grinning. "You know ... all this muggle life you're bringing in ... I know I hate it and all, but I'm kind of curious."

"You're curious of the muggle world?" You smiled, hopeful.

"Well," he cleared his throat, "not curious ... just like ... want to see all this stuff you're talking about."

"So ... curious?"

"Not curious! As I said, I hate it!"

"But you want to see it?"

"Well ... yes."

"So you're curious?"

"Oh, shut up."

You grinned. This was truly an achievement, making your journey of eating bacon all the more exciting and thrilling. When you'd finally finished your food, Draco sighed of relief at the fact that he'd gotten the opportunity to eat, after whining about it for hours. And finally, you slowly made your way back to the Slytherin common room. You proceeded to sing old songs, including Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli, and you offered to link arms with Draco which, though sceptically, he agreed to. And, strolling through, you occasionally both spun each other around, or sometimes did a 60s dance move that you'd taught him. And, when passing a hallway which revealed the beautiful beam of the moon, shining it onto the ground and creating an almost spot light, Draco thus took your hand, gracefully spun you in it, and finally dipped you, hovering his face above yours with a smile.

You continued to sing, "I love you, baby ... and if it's quite alright ... I need you, baby ... to warm the lonely night," as you slowly looked into his eyes, smiling at those elegant eyes of his and the manner in which they gazed upon you. Draco, unfazed by your singing words, smiled at them anyhow, perhaps partially letting go of the fact that it was only a song and embracing the words fully as he kissed your lips. You lifted your hand to his cheek, brushing it with your thumb as you kissed him back and smiled into the kiss.

When Draco lifted you back up onto your own feet, in the distance through the dim light, you caught sight of a single cat sitting upon the dark floor, watching you and Draco eagerly.

"Ay, Professor McGonagall, how ya doing?" You grinned at the cat. The cat, however, did not respond, and proceeded to stare with its soft eyes.

"Wait ... she just saw us kissing."

"Oh," you paused, "you're right. That's awkward."

"And I'll do it again," he said, immediately wrapping his arms around your body and forcefully dipping you again unexpectedly, kissing you again as he did so. Shocked, you lost your breath for a moment, but proceeded to laugh loudly as you realised what he'd done to you and the rush he'd given you, as you kissed back.

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like Heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last, love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you

I love you, baby
And if it's quite alright
I need you, baby
To warm the lonely night