Black Lace

Christmas came, Christmas went. You hadn't seen Draco on Christmas day, as both of you avoided each other at all costs. You spent the entire day with your friends and Cedric, and you sat at the Gryffindor table for Christmas dinner. You all had exchanged gifts with each other, and overall, the atmosphere remained wholesome and positive. You played in the snow, you opened gifts, you giggled and laughed, and it was a wholly enjoyable time.

Before you even realised, the second task was right around the corner, and you were left pondering over the egg as you sat before it in the library, staring at it, wondering what the hell could spark its secret. Hermione proceeded to pace up and down behind you, as Harry sat on a nearby sofa with Ron.

"[F/n]! The task is in two days - you've got to figure it out!"

"I don't know. I really don't."

"Well doesn't Cedric!?" Hermione shouted. "He's your boyfriend! Your safety should come before his victory! If he knows, he should tell you!"

"Stop shouting," Ron groaned.

"I don't know if Cedric knows, we haven't spoken about it. I'm sure if he knew, he'd tell me. And plus, I don't want to force him to share anything with me if he doesn't want to."

"Doesn't want to!?" Hermione screamed. "Your life is on the life here! If I find out if he knows and hasn't told you-!"

"Calm down, will you?"

"No!" Hermione growled. "That little bitch."

"I think you're overreacting a bit, Hermione," Harry added.

"Overreacting!?" She screamed even louder, causing Harry and Ron to budge up in their seats further away from her.

"Hermione! Tone - down!"

"Sorry," she huffed, "I'm just annoyed. Is his victory more important than your health?"

"Hermione, I'm sure he doesn't know."

"Well, we'll see about that!"

There was no use in opening the egg; whenever you did, it only ripped out a deadly scream, enough to make ears bleed. Therefore, you didn't even bother doing that. With a sigh, you banged your head against the desk and let out a soft cry, prepared for your very own death.

"And if I don't figure it out?" You asked.

"You will! I'll make sure of that," Hermione said, pacing up and down even faster.

"Can you stop walking up and down? It's making me feel sick," Ron said.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Weasley!"

"I'm going to die," you huffed out.

The next day, you were walking up and down the wooden bridge of Hogwarts, your scarf tightly fitted around your neck, occasionally stopping to look out at the scenery, pondering over tomorrow and how you were to survive it. Groaning, you leaned on the bridge and looked out, then looked down, thinking that perhaps jumping off would save you from all this stress. Anyhow, you would die either way.

"What're you doing?" You heard a voice from behind you, causing you to jump. Upon turning around, you discovered another Slytherin scarf; Draco Malfoy had found his way to you and now stood there, before you, looking at you with a pale curiosity.

"Go away," you groaned.

"Not very nice," he said mockingly. "The second task tomorrow. Got it all figured out?"

You turned him with a deadly look. At this, he raised his eyebrow, and only after a second his eyes widened as he realised that, in fact, you did not have it all figured out. His jaw dropped slightly, and he shifted closer to you, shouting in a whisper: "Are you insane!? It's tomorrow and you still don't know!?"