Tom Marvolo Riddle

"Malfoy, where the hell are you!?"

"Nowhere!" He cried out, and the sound came out from one of the tunnels. You immediately charged into the tunnel the sound came from, and found him hiding in it, sitting on the wet, damp ground with his knees up to his chest, ultimately terrified.

"What a fucking pussy."

"I don't want to die!"

"Stop being a little bitch. I blinded the snake."

"You did what?"

And with this, the snake shot through into the tunnel you and Malfoy were in. However, relying on its hearing, you quickly squatted down to Malfoy, right next to him, and the two of you stared at the snake in silence. Both you and Malfoy were breathing uncontrollably, but you quickly put a hand on his shoulder to calm both yourself and him down, realising the presence of a fellow being. This did indeed help, for Malfoy breathed quieter, as did you. The snake continued to slither through in silence, attempting to hear where the two of you could possibly be. Silent, it finally moved and slithered through to the next hall, giving you and Malfoy a chance to quietly exit the tunnel back into the main hall.

"What do we do?" Malfoy whispered. You shrugged. "What do you mean-" he demonstrated your shrug, "we are going to die in here!"

"It is funny, is it not?" A voice from behind proceeded to speak. You and Malfoy turned immediately back to the person, only to discover an incredibly good-looking boy standing with Slytherin robes. At this point, you were certain something was wrong, for this was no student your brain had previously registered at Hogwarts, and there was something unusually malicious about the way he looked upon you, especially the confidence in his smirk. "Though I did not expect you to be here," he said, turning to Malfoy.

"And who the fuck are you?" You asked, looking him up and down.

"Good question, [F/n] Potter."

"Ok, weirdo."

"I am," he said, stepping closer, "you're smart. Use your little brain, will you?"

You stared at him, bewildered, head empty. The panic of your body caused you to be ultimately incapable of processing any complex thoughts, especially ones like this.

"The longer you wait, the quicker she grows weaker."

"Who?" You asked.

The boy shot his head over to the side. Yours and Malfoy's eyes followed, and you discovered none other than Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister, to be lying down on the ground completely unconscious. She had not been there previously, thus you quickly looked back at the boy, knowing damn well that this was dangerous.

"The weaker she grows, the stronger I become." He said, with a smirk. "And soon enough, I will no longer be a memory. I will no longer be an image. This time, I will be real."

You watched him, and the eye contact between the two of you became immense. Malfoy began becoming uncomfortable as the two of you stared on at each other, and slowly you began to realise. Yes. You knew. He was right. You had used your little brain, and you had indeed figured it out.

"You're coming back." You whispered, in utter disbelief at your own realisation.

The smirk on his lips grew.

"I am the heir of Slytherin. And I will be back."

"Who is it?" Malfoy asked.

And with this, the boy began to use his wand to write down his name with fire letters, revealing the name Tom Marvolo Riddle, which after a few seconds, aligned ever so perfectly to form the phrase 'I am Lord Voldemort'.

"I knew I'd create a name one day ever so evil that everyone in the world would fear to say it."

"Voldemort, Voldemort, Voldemort." You said, trying to prove him wrong, though your humour only frustrated Malfoy with the fear that he was going to get killed, whilst Tom's, or Voldemort's, face only smirked more.

"Very brave, aren't you?"

"Why go from a nice name to an ugly name?"

"There was no way in the world that I would keep my father's muggle name."

"So you're not even a pure-blood? That's like Hitler hating people who aren't blonde and blue-eyed, when he himself wasn't."

"I lost interest in killing mud-bloods a while ago. The only thing that has been interesting to me recently has been the presence of you and your brother. But you - I'm more intrigued by you. A Slytherin! Who would've thought?"

"What has Ginny Weasley got to do with all of this?" You asked.

"The naivety of that child helped me. Who do you think opened the chamber of secrets in the first place?" He laughed. "I can be very convincing."

"Oh, I bet," you muttered, commenting on the quality of his looks. "But, as you said, you're only a memory."

"For now."

"You aren't real. You are not what I intend to kill."

And with this, the snake shot right through into the main hall yet again.

"The basilisk is no memory, though. Blinded he may be, but has exceptional hearing." Tom laughed, stepping away. As you and Malfoy began sprinting around again. The basilisk aimed mostly for you, and Malfoy was absolutely fine with that, as he remained in the corner and watched with terror. Upon this, the sound of a phoenix surrounded your eardrums, and in flew, indeed, a phoenix as it dropped the sorting hat onto the damp ground and flew off into one of the tunnels. You stared at the phoenix in confusion, and then proceeded to charge off from the basilisk, avoiding its touch at all costs. Turning to the sorting hat, you noticed something appear in it - something that appeared to be a sword with green gems. Sprinting to the sorting hat, you grabbed the thing inside of it and discovered it to be a large sword as you gripped it tightly.

"What is that!?" Malfoy shouted out.

"A sword!"

"Where did it come from?"

"I don't know! Help me!"

"No!" He refused, causing you to feel infuriated with him. You were essentially alone in all of this due to Malfoy's inability to co-operate or even be a team, and especially his excessive terror and lack of bravery.

"Of course Dumbledore had to intervene," Tom growled.

Quickly panicking as the basilisk started to charge at you, you waved the sword with little control, never having used a sword before, and you quickly jumped up onto the sculptured head, hoping to get easier access to the basilisk's head to stab it. Climbing up, you suddenly lost ultimate balance and, panicking, suddenly started finding your way back down onto the ground, as the sword also flew out of your hand. You collided with the ground harshly once more onto the exact arm you fell earlier, yet again crushing it like in the first year, and screaming out from pain.

"[F/n] Potter, remember," Tom began to speak with an all powerful voice, "you will never beat Lord Voldemort again."

The basilisk was now finding its way to you on the ground, as you lied helpless and unable to fight back due to the lack of feeling in your arm. Quickly looking to the side, you hoped you could grab the sword with your other arm potentially, only to discover it had slipped all the way over to the other end of the hall.

Holding your arm tighter, you groaned from pain and tried to find the will to stand up and continue fighting, yet the pain had numbed your entire upper body - perhaps due to the fact that this was the second time you'd broken this arm. The basilisk saw its opportunity as it slithered towards you, rose up above you and opened its mouth, revealing two large fangs that were hovering right above you. You gulped and stared. The fear in your body had become so prominent now that you'd frozen with fear, and the only thing you could hear in the background was the snickering of Tom Marvolo Riddle, Voldemort, knowing that he was coming into power as you were growing into death.