To Dream of Flowers

The entire summer holidays you spent practically working. One day, however, you were pleasantly surprised at the arrival of Hermione as she turned up in the cafe with Harry. The two sat down and were very glad to be served by you as you purposely forced a very retail voice, which caused them to laugh. And, as soon as Harry dipped to go to the toilet, Hermione called you over and inquired about Draco.

"What's happening with you and Malfoy, then?"

"Oh ... we're ... well, nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?"

"I mean ... yes ... something happened, but it's too long to tell you here."

"Well it's a good thing I'm staying over!"

The two of you thus beamed in delight. When your shift was over, Jack flashed you a wink as you rolled your eyes with a jovial smile as you left with Hermione. Harry had left just a little earlier as he said he had business to attend to in town, leaving the two of you alone. Hermione slept in your room, giving you all the time during the night to discuss Draco and what had happened on the last day. Whilst she was terrified at your news, she could not help but laugh and gleam with joy at the knowledge that feelings were reciprocated.

"Oh my gosh, [F/n]! That's fantastic news! So ... you'll be [F/n] Malfoy!"

"Woah, woah! We just said we'll get together for the sixth year, not marry."

"Yeah, but, you like each other?"

"Fuck, you have no idea how much," you laughed, "but ... something's bad."

"Bad?"

"I don't know what, but whenever I get this feeling ... something bad always happens."

"You mean you sense evil?"

"Something of the kind."

She sighed and leaned on the wall as the two of you sat on your bed. With pursed lips, she frowned sadly. "It seems like whenever things go well, they suddenly come crashing down." And, looking around at your walls, she caught a glimpse of something she didn't see in the previous year. Hung up photographs. Thus, standing up, she headed over to the wall and examined the photos in detail. "When did you get these printed?"

"Oh, these? First week of holidays," you smiled, approaching her too.

On your wall were hung up photos of Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny, and yet most of them were of you and Draco. The photos from London, but even random photos you'd taken throughout the year at Hogwarts. It's a good thing that you don't require service to take photos. There was even one photo of you and Draco outside in the courtyard at night - smiling together at the phone. A photo of Draco rolling his eyes as you laugh. A photo of Draco kissing your neck from behind as you sat under a tree. Yes - so many of Draco, and many of them possibly the most adorable photos Hermione had ever laid eyes on.

"You two ... you're," she exhaled, processing the depth of love shown in these photos.

"We're made for each other," you filled in, also looking at the photos longingly with a smile of inherent love. "My God, there's not a thing I would not do for this boy. I would cross the world for him."

"I don't doubt it," she smiled. "But ... can you trust him?"

It was a good question. Could you? You'd been conditioned over all these years to doubt the Malfoys - to doubt someone like Draco. You'd been taught that all his intentions could ever be were formed on pure evil. Yes, the wise choice would have been to doubt Draco - even if it only a little bit. To stay wary. And yet, you did not. Whatsoever. There was not a limb in you that doubted Draco's goodness, his potential. You believed in him whole heartedly.

"I can," you smiled. "I can trust him ... and I do ... so much."

"Well," she sighed, "if you're sure."

"I am."

"This one's cute," she smiled, pointing to the photo of you and Draco both doing peace signs at the camera in the Room of Requirement, bare shoulders, suggesting that you had only just done the deed. "Naked shoulders?"

"Oh yeah," you laughed, "I remember that time. I sucked his dick."

"I - "

"I'm just joking," you laughed.

"Oh, thank God - "

"Or am I?"

The rest of the night the two of you spent gossiping and laughing and discussing your plans for the sixth year and things you wished to fulfil in your lives. And, when you went to bed, the two of you cuddled closely. All you could remember was the manner in which Draco held you each night, so closely to his bare chest, giving you the rawness of his scent. Oh, how you missed it! How you yearned to feel those arms of that boy around you again! And, due to it, your mind sparked a longing dream.

In the dream, you were in the middle of a large field. And in front of you stood a pathway - a long pathway - leading up to a house. A small house, a cottage perhaps, in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by flowers, surrounded by everlasting beauty which attracted every piece of you. The cottage had a brown roof, but its walls were an attractive creme colour. The windows were partially covered by the gorgeous, lively and colourful flowers. There were flowers of many colours, of many types, all having their own positive meaning of youth and love. Oh, it looked so gorgeous! So attractive! So picturesque! As though the image was worth fighting the universe's most cruel demons just to reach it.

Thus, taking a step on the path, you began to slowly make your way. With each step, your hope grew. To slowly reach this house - this beautiful house! The cottage of passion, of youth, of an everlasting love. And yet, with every step, the clear blue sky began to fill itself with clouds. First white clouds, but soon enough clouds of a weary grey followed on, soon covering the entirety of the sky, until the sun was lost somewhere deep within their despair. And, before you knew it, your entire path had become filled with darkness and a weary grey from the clouds, which, as you walked more, began to shed out their own tears, dripping down onto your yearning face. Yes, the flowers were being watered, but at what cost, if you could not inhabit them? Woe had now completely overtaken your pathway and the fields - the tears of the clouds began to spread itself entirely until it was scraping your face, your hair.

Yearningly, you continued. Your clothes became a burden as they weighed you down with their raindrops, but you persisted in your walk. It began to require a lot of energy to even move at the slowest pace, as the thunders began to strike and, the closer you got the cottage, the more rain poured. Momentarily, you became convinced of your own death. Reaching this destination ... this beautiful destination ... it had become but a long and distant dream. An unachievable one, considering the rain and thunder now blocking your way.

And yet, the beauty of the house, the feelings of peace and joy springing from it ... it was enough to keep fighting. Through the rain, through the clouds, through the mist, you looked at the house. It's there, it's waiting for me. You inhaled, furrowing your brows, as you let go of any doubt from your body. You were going to reach that house - no matter what beat you down! That cottage was made for you. It was waiting for you, within the rain, waiting patiently. For you. Thus, whatever it took, you would reach it.

Running, running, running! You ran as fast as your legs possibly could, slashing through all the restrictions in your pathway. The clouds, the rain, the mist, the thunder - which increasingly got worse - would not stop you.

And! In the final moment, you made it! The pathway had come to an end! You made it! The cottage was by your feet, and, looking up at it, you examined its beauty from up close. Inhaling the lively scent of the flowers, as the ebullience encompassed you, it reflected itself within the wear as the clouds had been defeated. Slowly fading away, revealing the blue sky and the sun, shining onto your face of victory. The cottage was yours! These flowers ... these roses ... carnations ... snapdragons ... amaryllis ... magnolia! Endless colours, endless shapes - all of beauty, youth and love! They were you, and you were them, as you sunk into their beauty and everlasting virtue.

"I am here, Draco, and I am yours," was all you could whisper before you became one with the flowers.