Official New Year

Niklaus returned earlier than you'd anticipated he would have. The letter in his beak proved heavy, and you felt yourself grow happy and excited to see that the envelope bore more than just a letter, but also a physical object of heaviness. It was five in the afternoon, when you rose from Draco's bed, in which you'd been reading a book you picked out from his library, and he was entertaining himself by sitting at his desk and studying. It was a wholesome and positive atmosphere; around each other, but entertaining yourselves - you did not require speech and physical amusements to feel fulfilled, but each other's presence was warming and satisfying. The taste of a normal life with Draco was a dangerous taste, for it opened up your mind to a wondrous beauty which you refused to let go.

When Niklaus landed on Draco's desk, Draco pulled the letter out of its beak and then turned in his chair to hand it over to you.

"Can I read it too?" Draco asked with a sheepish and pleading grin.

"It's from Harry Shitter."

"You just insulted your own name."

"Eh, I'll survive," you smiled, opening the letter as you sat down on the other chair by Draco's desk, giving him access to read the letter.

Dear Cow,

Quite frankly, fuck off.

The Weasleys are well. Albus and Hedwig are also fine; they flew out in time before they burned with the building. In fact, after I've sent this letter, you will probably soon receive an additional one as I've handed it to Albus so that he'd arrive to you. I'm assuming we won't see each other till the new year, then. Yes, we are at Grimmauld Place, but the Weasleys are already planning to rebuild the Burrow, but, quite frankly, they're not happy with Bellatrix. Neither am I, so if you get the chance, do make sure to kill her. Don't go all soft like you did with that scum Malfoy.

"Who's he think he is?" Draco asked, furrowing his brows.

I've put in the portable charger as you asked, and do me a favour and send me a text when you've charged your phone. Keep me updated. When you left for the Malfoy Manor, Lupin, Tonks, Mr Weasley and Ginny were all prepared to leave and go and help you. They didn't after I told them you should stay there and die. I'm joking (kind of), but I reassured them that you'll be fine and that, if we did not hear by the next day, that we would go altogether and kill everyone in that house. Including your bitch boy.

"I swear to Merlin, he's pushing his luck."

Ginny keeps telling me to tell you to use protection. I feel sick writing this. Honestly, I would give away the little sanity I have left for you to ditch him, but I know that, no matter how much I try, you'll always go back to him because you're weak-minded. Anyway, I've written too much and I'm bored.

Bye.

You shook your head in disappointment at Harry's sarcastic words, before grinning again as you pulled out the portable charger and immediately plugging your phone into it.

"I don't get this," Draco said, examining it. "Why are you all so obsessed with phones?"

"They're quite cool, I suppose. I barely use mine compared to many other people."

"Merlin, how much do others use it then?"

"Some sit on their phones all day."

"It must get boring."

"TikTok is addicting, really," you shrugged.

"Oh, yes ... you told me about TikTok before. We filmed one, didn't we? I think the photo taking feature is very cool. We took many cute photos back then in London. Do you still have those?"