To Be Punished

"Draco, you alright?" Pansy asked in a higher-pitched voice than usual. What she was trying to achieve with this, God knows. However, Draco completely ignored her existence, refusing to let himself fall distracted - he had to watch and make sure nothing was happening.

Blaise was looking at you intently, with a smile. You, also, looked at him smiling, as he began to inquire about your literature interest. No longer was aggressive [F/n] a person; suddenly, you became the happiest and most jovial, as well as innocent, person on Earth, as your eyes sparked with passion and humour, speaking of the very thing you loved. And, whilst you did, you were too dazed in your own literature fantasy that you missed the sly manner in which Blaise turned to Draco, flashing him a cunning and sly look, knowing very well what he was doing to Draco. Not maliciously intended, but Blaise could not help but smirk and flash Draco a wink, as Draco stared at Blaise, furious.

"I think Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility is such an amazing book. I mean, if we compare the raw emotions that the main character, Elinor, felt when she found out that the guy she loves is engaged ... and the bitterness and rivalry, but remaining calm and fixed ... like - it's so comparable to us today! It really just shows that, as humans, we haven't changed much."

Suddenly, Draco felt his anger leave his body. He had become encompassed in peace; the manner in which your voice lifted itself as you spoke, smiling widely, explaining your love to God knows who. You didn't even care if Blaise was still listening (he was), for your speech seemed more important to you than its listeners. Alongside Draco's and Blaise's attention was also Hermione's, who admired you as her best friend, and watched you, smiling, proud to call you her best friend.

"But, if we're looking at comparing humans and how we have changed over the years, The Iliad and The Odyssey are prime examples. Really, Achilles' bitterness and pettiness, yet his loyalty to his best friend - or lover - really is just us today. His rage, too. And then, Telemachus' strong desire to find his father ... because he is his father, after all, and how he sheds tears whenever Menelaus speaks of Odysseus. Really just shows these characters in their most raw moments as humans, and shows that we are a reflection of them."

Only Hermione had an idea of what you were saying. Draco and Blaise, on the other hand, stared bewildered, not understanding a single word, but smiling preciously.

"Sappho's poetry too shows that the way we experience love has remained true over thousands of years. It's all an ingrained emotion that simply does not change with time. Outside factors simply do not effect the rawness of love."

"You should be a poet," Blaise laughed.

"Malfoy's said that to me once, actually."

"I did?"

"You mocked me for it ... I remember. A couple of years ago."

Indeed, you paused for a moment, recalling the moment very well. You were lucky to have a good memory as you remembered this, back from the third year of Hogwarts.

"Well, that's alright." You nodded. "But there's something poetic about the night, the rain, and fireplaces. Intimacy is increased when you're isolated with someone in these circumstances."

He watched you speak as though he were listening to the maddest person on Earth, and he had his brows furrowed from confusion.

"What are you, a fucking poet? Get a grip."

"That's a pleasant thought. I like poetry."

"Great. No one asked."

"I remember it, I think," Draco said, biting his lip and entering deep into his mind, attempting to remember it more vividly as it bounced around his mind vaguely. "I was quite angry then, and you came in and started talking to me out of the blue."