The Prisoner of Azkaban

Leaving McGonagall's office, you bumped into Hermione who'd been waiting outside with a face full of fury.

"What the hell happened?" She asked.

"Oh, I got kicked out of Hogwarts," you said casually, continuing your walk.

"I'm sorry - you what!?" Hermione quickly asked, following you and staring at your face as she walked, unable to process everything you were telling her.

"But I think I may be allowed to stay, after all. We have a lesson with Hagrid now, don't we?"

"Well, yeah, but, how do you know you'll be able to stay?"

"I spoke to McGonagall and I think we sorted it. I told her I think it's unfair how I'd get kicked out when it's them who provoke me and many other students, only the other students don't react."

"Yes, exactly. She better let you stay, or I'm protesting."

You and Hermione, having a lesson together, made your way outside to Hagrid as he was going to teach you of caring for magical creatures. Arriving at the lesson, you were slightly late, and the class was already listening to Hagrid introduce Buckbeak.

"This lesson is a waste of time," you heard Malfoy mutter to his friend as they stood at the side. Holding back a comment, you ignored what he said and proceeded to listen to Hagrid as he explained the process of approaching Buckbeak and how to avoid scaring him away. Hagrid proceeded to invite Harry over and give Harry an opportunity to pet Buckbeak which, after a careful approach, Harry succeeded in.

"Excellent, Harry!" Hagrid beamed.

"Oh, stop being pathetic," Malfoy said, pushing his friends and you out of the way as he walked past as though he were a king, "it can't be that hard. It's just a stupid animal." He approached Buckbeak aggressively, ultimately scaring the poor animal and causing it to lash out. Buckbeak attacked Malfoy out of panic, causing Malfoy to fall on the ground and begin whining about the pain in his arm. You, Hermione and Ron could not hold back your laughter, but tried to muffle it as you covered your mouths. Hagrid, sighing, went over and picked Malfoy up as though he were a baby, at which he began yelling "my father will hear about this!" which was absolutely nothing new.

"Hopefully, for once, it's his arm that's broken."

Later that day, at dinner, you sat with the Gryffindors, but noticed none other than Pansy and Malfoy walk in together, Pansy with stitches in her jaw (assuming they'd used magic to fix it but stitches in case), and Malfoy with a sling around his arm.

"Look," you said to your friends, nodding your head in the direction of the two as they walked in with frustrated faces. "Cripples."

"You did Pansy so dirty," Ron said with a grin, "you should have seen how far she flew back when you punched her."

"It literally looked like you'd killed her," Harry said, "I personally believe she deserved it."

"No doubt."

The next day in the afternoon, when you'd gotten a pass, you made a trip to Hogsmeade with none other than Cedric Diggory. The two of you spent the entire journey giggling and laughing, and you informed him of your potential expulsion from Hogwarts, which made him rather frustrated and annoyed.

"Surely they wouldn't do that?"

"I don't know," you sighed, "I hope not. I mean, yeah, I broke her jaw, but it was necessary."

Cedric smiled. "You've a strong punch for someone so small."

"Years of practice."

"Did you get into fights a lot back at home then?"

"Well, yes, kind of. I had a fight once with a girl on the playground because she was picking on one of the other girls."

"How old were you?"

"Like, nine."

Cedric shook his head with a smile. "Oh, [F/n], [F/n]."

In Hogsmeade, the two of you got yourselves some tea, and you sat on one of the outside benches on the street and sat, drinking. It was quite a chilly day, therefore the warm teas were the perfect match for the weather.

"Hogsmeade is really nice."

"Isn't it?" Cedric said, smiling as he looked at you. "[F/n], you say life is so horrible at home, right?"

"Yes."

"Then, how about I come visit you? I've never been in the muggle world, and I think visiting you would be a great first time. You could show me around London."

You paused for a brief moment, processing Cedric's proposal. It was indeed sudden, and you'd never thought of something like that happening before.

"I think it's great, but-"

"But?"

"But I don't know if you'd want to meet my family. They're a horrible bunch. I wouldn't want to do that to you."

"I don't mind at all," he smiled even wider, "plus, if we had to, we could make spend a night out somewhere. If you're allowed, of course."

"Allowed? Cedric, even if I wasn't, I don't care. And they'd take any opportunity to get rid of me."

"Is that a yes then?"

"Of course it is, Cedric! I'd love it if someone came to visit me."

"Then it's settled. I'll come visit you over the summer," he said, beaming, as he wrapped his arms around you and the two of you hugged. When moving away from the hug, however, a little distance away you caught sight of Malfoy with his friends. Whilst his friends were talking amongst themselves, Malfoy wasn't included in the conversation as his eyes were facing your direction and were thus fixed on you and Cedric, causing the two of you to make eye contact, after which Malfoy quickly looked away and forced his way back into his friends' conversations.

It was within the next month that you began to hear more of Sirius Black more often, his name cropping up in teacher's mouths, or simply the presence of dementors coming around more often. Even Harry and Ron began to dwell more into matters about Sirius Black upon the information and rumours that Sirius Black was, in fact, coming for you and Harry. You regarded this little, for you didn't believe it much and regarded them as rumours, and even if it was to be true, then you didn't see why that would have been a threat to you when you had the entire of Hogwarts to protect you. You'd also heard that Sirius Black was supposedly an old follower of Voldemort, which was quite interesting and motivated you to have a conversation with Sirius Black if he ever chose to arrive. A little later in the year, you began to see Harry and Ron less, with the two more often disappearing or scheming between each other, causing you and Hermione to question their motives. It always became clear that Harry had began to discuss matters with Professor Lupin more often too, which you found very suspicious. One evening, you and Hermione decided to take matters in your own hands and decided to follow Harry and Ron. It was an odd evening then, for the two wandered off rather far and, upon reaching a large and unusual tree, they had disappeared.

"Where did they go?" Hermione asked, looking around. "It's getting dark, maybe it'd be better for us to head back and just wait for them."

"No, I feel like they're plotting something and I want to be involved. Look," you said, pointing down to a hole in the tree. "They definitely went down there."

"I don't know, [F/n]."

Hermione no longer had a chance to protest further as you were already on your way down. With a huff, she followed. It led out into the inside of a building with stairs, though it looked rather abandoned and old. It was hearing a sudden smash and Harry's voice raise itself that caused you and Hermione to dart upstairs to where the noises came from, only to find Snape lying unconscious on a broken bed, Professor Lupin and, as you recalled from the many times you'd seen him in posters, Sirius Black.